Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric hair trimmer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Ordered through Terrisales this evening.

Found Wahl website an absolute disaster between allowing you to select items that turn out to be out of stock, and for some reason it wouldn't allow me to complete the 3D secure thing on the card.

Happier to be supporting an Irish company in hindsight - I initially thought they were trade only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

hardybuck wrote: »
    Ordered through Terrisales this evening.

Found Wahl website an absolute disaster between allowing you to select items that turn out to be out of stock, and for some reason it wouldn't allow me to complete the 3D secure thing on the card.

Happier to be supporting an Irish company in hindsight - I initially thought they were trade only.

I found them really good. I had never heard of them before. Next day delivery was a bonus.

They need to make it clear to customers though that their website can be down temporarily. That should be an easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

I ordered this one for €105
    https://maguiresupplies.ie/electricals/clippers-and-trimmers/wahl-cordless-super-taper.html

but it's out of stock so they said they'd give me the magic one for the same price

Here it is for €125
    https://www.terrisales.ie/product/7482/cordless-magic-clip/

So think I'm happy enough with that

frash wrote: »
    I ordered this one for €105
    https://maguiresupplies.ie/electricals/clippers-and-trimmers/wahl-cordless-super-taper.html

but it's out of stock so they said they'd give me the magic one for the same price

Here it is for €125
    https://www.terrisales.ie/product/7482/cordless-magic-clip/

So think I'm happy enough with that

Different clippers you're comparing.

I got the corded version of what you bought for €66. The cordless version is €105.95.

Different clippers you're comparing.

I got the corded version of what you bought for €66. The cordless version is €105.95.

Different how?
    The first link is out of stock after I ordered so they're giving me the one in the 2nd link (not advertised on their website) for the same price even though its dearer elsewhere.

Are you saying its a different type of clipper?

• Advertisement

Different how?
    The first link is out of stock after I ordered so they're giving me the one in the 2nd link (not advertised on their website) for the same price even though its dearer elsewhere.

Are you saying its a different type of clipper?

Ah sorry I misread your post! That's a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

No way would I pay over 100 quid for one. I got a cordless one on the powercity website for 30 euro. Does the job.

No way would I pay over 100 quid for one. I got a cordless one on the powercity website for 30 euro. Does the job.

Ah but do you live up to your username though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Hows everyones Mullet after DIY Barbering?

funny-hair-cut-it-yourself2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Ah but do you live up to your username though?
    I might be vain but I'm still a tight arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think im going to shave it to be honest. I normally have long ish hair and im not going at it witha scissors.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The Babyless one I got from power city isn't cordless despite it be being advertised as, seems it's a common problem with the model too :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,210 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have never cut my own hair before and didn't order anything online. Not sure I fancy doing it based on something from Youtube. Normally get #1 on the back and sides and scissors on the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Have never cut my own hair before and didn't order anything online. Not sure I fancy doing it based on something from Youtube. Normally get #1 on the back and sides and scissors on the top.

Thats exactly what i have the shaver bit should be easy its the feathering in im not confident with to give it ago.

Loads more stock now with free Amazon prime delivery.

Loads more stock now with free Amazon prime delivery.

All the Wahl range is still unavailable, and you'll probably be waiting a week or so with Amazon for delivery these days.

If you go for Terrisales tonight, or the other Irish company mentioned, you should have something before the weekend.

All the Wahl range is still unavailable, and you'll probably be waiting a week or so with Amazon for delivery these days.

If you go for Terrisales tonight, or the other Irish company mentioned, you should have something before the weekend.

Mate ordered a Wahl last night, must have sold out since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Ah, the old something for the weekend :D

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Ah, the old something for the weekend :D

We can still make pretend I suppose!

Got my order from Terrisales this morning. Ordered Tuesday night - very prompt service.

I see they're suddenly out of stock for all their clippers - I wonder have a few people from this thread gone over to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Im the same. But after a few tutorials on youtube, it looks easy.

I normally get a 3 on sides and scissor top.

I rekon I could start with a 5 and take a tiny bit off the top with scissors.

Worst come to worst, there is still enough there for a pro to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

By the time a pro can fix it? You might as well shave your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

GinSoaked wrote: »
    By the time a pro can fix it? You might as well shave your head.

There are still barbours and hair dressers doing house calls I think. Not very responsible, but if I truly made a balls of my hair, I would take the risk I think.

I think even when the restrictions are lifted it'll be a while before barbers will be allowed open, and personally I think it'll be a long time before I'll chance going into mine unfortunately.

Worst case scenario it'll grow back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Managed to get one from Babybliss

https://www.babyliss.co.uk/steel-edition-hair-clipper-gift-set-7755GU.html#start=13

However Miss Gunner reluctant to cut it for me. I think I might try 5 all over first see how that goes before going shorter

Mate in Switzerland said barbers are open next week but cant see them opening here anytime soon but might wait and see before taking the plunge

Managed to get one from Babybliss

https://www.babyliss.co.uk/steel-edition-hair-clipper-gift-set-7755GU.html#start=13

However Miss Gunner reluctant to cut it for me. I think I might try 5 all over first see how that goes before going shorter

Mate in Switzerland said barbers are open next week but cant see them opening here anytime soon but might wait and see before taking the plunge

Do you normally shave your head all over or scissors on top?

I did my first cut last night and pretty happy with it. Started at 4 and blended down to a 2 in a fade, scissors on top. Got some help with finishing touches around the back, which get's a bit tricky depending on your mirror setup etc. Even if she's reluctant she might take a look to help make sure you got everything.

Mine isn't at quite the same standard as the barber I normally go to, who is excellent, but I feel much better. Very happy with the Wahl Super Taper too if anyone is thinking of getting one. If you're doing the same length all over you'll be grand.

Do you normally shave your head all over or scissors on top?

I did my first cut last night and pretty happy with it. Started at 4 and blended down to a 2 in a fade, scissors on top. Got some help with finishing touches around the back, which get's a bit tricky depending on your mirror setup etc. Even if she's reluctant she might take a look to help make sure you got everything.

Mine isn't at quite the same standard as the barber I normally go to, who is excellent, but I feel much better. Very happy with the Wahl Super Taper too if anyone is thinking of getting one. If you're doing the same length all over you'll be grand.

Nope usually 2 sides and back and bit of length on top by barbers. Did you do 4 all over first?

See how 5 blade goes then see if I can get it blended shorter sides and back. If not its haircut like my old Mod days 😀

Nope usually 2 sides and back and bit of length on top by barbers. Did you do 4 all over first?

See how 5 blade goes then see if I can get it blended shorter sides and back. If not its haircut like my old Mod days 😀

No I did four to the point I'd start with the scissors, then 3 to a little bit lower and then two for most of it to fade it in.

I scissor cut the top but you could do the four on top and follow the same technique with the sides to blend it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Has anyone used the beast clipper from skull shaver, was going to buy last night with extra long comb attachments for 88 euros.

• Advertisement

No I did four to the point I'd start with the scissors, then 3 to a little bit lower and then two for most of it to fade it in.

I scissor cut the top but you could do the four on top and follow the same technique with the sides to blend it in.

Might try 5 all over see how that goes and work my way down. Miss Gunner still having doubts about doing it

Advertisement