Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric hair trimmer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Gouging at its finest. I paid nearly £28 and I know the price had been a bit less a week earlier now I notice that one seller has stock and wants £58. A new seller in China :rolleyes: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B07MJFRF1N/&condition=all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I ordered same model from Babyliss and expected to arrive tomorrow. I hope it will do the magic tomorrow :D

Did your clippers arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

My Wahl clipper arrived yesterday at my local Parcel Motel. Pretty quick delivery from the UK considering I ordered it on the 7th.

I feel like a new man today with the hair cut :) :cool:
    I ordered a Wahl hair clipper direct from the Wahl UK website last night. Although their website states that it may take up to 14 days for it to be shipped, I got a dispatch email this afternoon so happy days.

Wahl only ship to the UK so mine is coming via Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Not yet. Its in local DPD depot. They said they are running behind due to COVID-19.

What about you?
    Did your clippers arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

My Wahl clipper arrived yesterday at my local Parcel Motel. Pretty quick delivery from the UK considering I ordered it on the 7th.

Which one did you get? Happy enough so?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Dprotips

I'm looking at Philips Series 3000 7-in-1 Multi Grooming Kit on amazon , need to do something with hair thinking play it safe, 3 all over .

Not yet. Its in local DPD depot. They said they are running behind due to COVID-19.

What about you?

I’ve had mine a year.

Paid €40.95 to Power City (including €6 delivery) for the Remington HC366 Stylist 25 Piece Hair Clipper Set. They sent it out Tuesday, arrived yesterday and I just got a great haircut with it this evening. Very happy with it, and Powercity's service (they phoned me after my online purchase to confirm delivery schedule).

Amazon was annoying in terms of the 'unavailable' next to almost every product (beard trimmers are not really recommended for full hair cuts, where hair clippers are better). A website called lookfantastic.com said they had the Wahl I had initially sought, but two days later said they hadn't so that was a waste of time. Ebay is a joke with the prices so many are charging. Serious gouging.

Two things if you get this clippers: 1) It must be charged for 14-16 hours before first use, and 2) if you've thick hair, a hair thinner/lightener (? the chunky scissors a barber uses) would be a useful purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

hardybuck wrote: »
    Which one did you get? Happy enough so?

Yeah, very happy.

I got the Wahl Fade Pro Perfect Fade Hair Clipper
    https://www.wahl.co.uk/product/fade-pro-perfect-fade-hair-clipper/

It's not the cheapest; it worked out at €53 plus Parcel Motel fee, but I wanted a decent clippers.

Are you able to fade with this machine?
    I’ve had mine a year.

• Advertisement

Are you able to fade with this machine?

If you have the skill set lol.

There are also left and right taper guide attachments.

Babyliss arrived today. Awesome machine and blade. Happy to recommend it. Picture below.

20200417-145309.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Anyone get the Lidl one?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I ordered same model from Babyliss and expected to arrive tomorrow. I hope it will do the magic tomorrow :D

I got mine this morning. Used it already. It's a thing of beauty...maybe moreso than my now beautifully coiffed mane :D

I usually get 6 back and sides and trim on the top so I just used 8 on top, 6 back and sides and 7 to blend. Then 4 and 5 up from the bottom.

5 year old was amazed at how much hair was on the floor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I got the Wahl Super Taper from Terrisales. Arrived next day after ordering. Excellent clipper.

I just did 5 on back and both sides. Side burns using 3. Too scared to touch the top, so I left it as it is.

Your way sounds much better. Did you follow any YouTube tutorial?
    I got mine this morning. Used it already. It's a thing of beauty...maybe moreso than my now beautifully coiffed mane :D

I usually get 6 back and sides and trim on the top so I just used 8 on top, 6 back and sides and 7 to blend. Then 4 and 5 up from the bottom.

5 year old was amazed at how much hair was on the floor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

just do a 4 allover

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

just do a 4 allover

I must look like a 16 all over at the moment but will hold out a little longer yet.

Closed blade with no attachment does me fine all over:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Closed blade with no attachment does me fine all over:D
    I usually get a 1 all over. Is that the same? Mine is arriving tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I usually get a 1 all over. Is that the same? Mine is arriving tomorrow.

Nope.

With Babyliss you will get a No1 comb attachment which is 3mm

I remove the combs from the clippers and close the blade which gives the shortest cut.

I would suggest you add the No1 comb and open the blade and try it out.

Too long?

Leave the comb on and close the blade which makes it a tiny bit shorter.

Too long?

Remove the comb and open the blade and give it a go.

If it’s still too long then close the blade.

When I say open or close the blade I mean the leaver on the side of the clipper.

You can also open and close in increments.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I just did 5 on back and both sides. Side burns using 3. Too scared to touch the top, so I left it as it is.

Your way sounds much better. Did you follow any YouTube tutorial?

No it just sounded like it was along the right lines but wasn't sure how short the top might look. Hadn't a breeze what I was doing with the two guides for tapering around your ears and thought I'd make an absolute balls so I just left it. Went in around the edges with a 5 but didn't top it like I wanted so 4 and then 3 at the very edge. It's not as good as a barber would do but for a first go it looks pretty decent. Might brave asking the missus to tidy up the very bottom and neck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A little pissed as bought this from Power City, paid for delivery and it can't be used without plugging into the mains despite it being cordless.

https://www.babyliss.co.uk/powerlight-pro-hair-clipper-7498CU.html

Stupidly didn't look at reviews online, seems it's a common problem. Already been on to them and I can return when they next open.

Now what to get to replace it, other half was in Lidl earlier so got one of those, am yet to open it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Just ordered this one
    https://maguiresupplies.ie/electricals/clippers-and-trimmers/wahl-cordless-super-taper.html

More than I wanted to spend at €105 but it's much needed & not much other stock out there of anything half decent.

frash wrote: »
    Just ordered this one
    https://maguiresupplies.ie/electricals/clippers-and-trimmers/wahl-cordless-super-taper.html

More than I wanted to spend at €105 but it's much needed & not much other stock out there of anything half decent.

Price is about right. Cheapest you would have got that was £80 on Amazon just before the rush and that was a bargain price.

I might have some bad news for you though? I don't think you get any combs/guards with that one so if you need them you may have to buy them as extras?

Perhaps someone who has bought a professional Wahl recently can say if they got any guards with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Price is about right. Cheapest you would have got that was £80 on Amazon just before the rush and that was a bargain price.

I might have some bad news for you though? I don't think you get any combs/guards with that one so if you need them you may have to buy them as extras?

Perhaps someone who has bought a professional Wahl recently can say if they got any guards with it?

I went to buy the same model from terrisales when they had stock and as it wasn't clear I asked them.
    They said it came with combs 1-4 but by the time they replied the stock was gone!

I ordered this one so presume they come with it but I'll ask to be sure.

Thanks

I got the Wahl Super Taper II Mains powered and it came with Guards 1-4.

I got it from Terrisales for around €65

I've had awful trouble trying to process an order. Page just refreshes when trying to complete payment.

They have the Super Taper Chrome which comes with a free trimmer and more clips than the regular Super Taper for £59.99 - plus a 10% discount if you set up an account.

Will be tipping down to Terrisales to buy the Super Taper with them for €66.

frash wrote: »
    I went to buy the same model from terrisales when they had stock and as it wasn't clear I asked them.
    They said it came with combs 1-4 but by the time they replied the stock was gone!

I ordered this one so presume they come with it but I'll ask to be sure.

Thanks

Feck it. Went to process an order with them and their online checkout is temporarily disabled!

• Advertisement

hardybuck wrote: »
    Feck it. Went to process an order with them and their online checkout is temporarily disabled!

They temporarily disable the checkout until 6pm to allow staff deal with orders. Try again from 6pm.

Advertisement