Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Run around tractor

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I dont know much about them, but what do ye think of those small compact tractors like branson or kioti ? Seem to be able to buy relatively modern tractors with low hours for handy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

samjames wrote: »
    is a massey 240 a better tractor than an 250

I wouldn't say so. The 240 was definitely more popular which was probably down to price as much as any, as well as it being an updated 135. The 250 had a better back end, with wet brakes, as well as having a better cab. I don't know if the extra weight of the 250 affected it's performance in any way though....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,113 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A question, would a Ford 7610 be ok with driving an 8ft disc mower, no conditioner?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Water John wrote: »
    A question, would a Ford 7610 be ok with driving an 8ft disc mower, no conditioner?

What is it - 95hp? Would probably be there or thereabouts. Would need to take your time, especially in a heavy meadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Who2

No hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Should be no bother to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Run it no bother, unless you're heading up steep hills.
    It which case you'll be down a gear, or a gear and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

It would run a 10ft trailed conditioner mower in reasonable conditions and pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Be grand I was using a 6610 with one for a year or two

Slava Ukrainii

Thanks for the replies lads. It won't have heavy crop, organic standing sward. That was my opinion too but one hoor was telling me not. He couldn't lie straight in bed, very annoying trait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

She'll be at her ease with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

We ran an 8ft non conditioner on a mf135 back in the day. .
    She was driving it in 3rd low .

Have also ran an 8ft conditioner on an 80ho tractor without problem .

You wont have axproblem with your 7610

Thanks for the replies lads. It won't have heavy crop, organic standing sward. That was my opinion too but one hoor was telling me not. He couldn't lie straight in bed, very annoying trait.

I think its 12 to 15 HP or so a disc depending on make of mower

Yeah about 10 HP per foot seems to be the pull. A disc is about 16 inches.
    So about 13/15 HP per disc. Gob****e was telling me 25 HP. Just add 10 to embelish his lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Baalbec10

What was the outcome of this post, did you buy, any pictures and are you happy?

Advertisement