Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No: I don't care enough
    GT89 wrote: »
    What issues are you on about? The issue for you seem to be that you can't deal with people who have a differing opinion.

Whilst you appear to have a problem with people living on the same planet as you because you can't put a mask on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭Tork

Yes: to protect others
    What issues are you on about? The issue for you seem to be that you can't deal with people who have a differing opinion.

You are on record here as saying you don't care about other people (getting infected) because the virus won't be affecting you or the people in your circle. That isn't just a differing opinion. It's an expression of an unwillingness to consider the wellbeing of other people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

No: I will wait for the HSE to recommend
    Tork wrote: »
    You are on record here as saying you don't care about other people (getting infected) because the virus won't be affecting you or the people in your circle. That isn't just a differing opinion. It's an expression of an unwillingness to consider the wellbeing of other people.

My own well being is damaged by wearing a mask. I suffered from a rash on my face when I wore one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Yes: other
    Graham wrote: »
    fortunately its not a widespread lobby.

I'd say it consists of about 4 people on this thread (it just feels like more).

Just keep reporting him as a troll or juvenile or twerp. I really think Boards should get the gardai to do a wellness check on him based on the ip address and talk to his parents.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

My own well being is damaged by wearing a mask. I suffered from a rash on my face when I wore one

Just to check in again, is a rash on your face something that is more or less important than someone else catching a fatal virus?

Is there some solution to the rash issue you can think of and might that be easier or harder to figure out than developing a vaccine for the virus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭Tork

Yes: to protect others

Ah. So when did this rash develop? Since you hung yourself by admitting you don't care?

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Just keep reporting him as a troll or juvenile or twerp. I really think Boards should get the gardai to do a wellness check on him based on the ip address and talk to his parents.

Wow accusing someone of being a troll because they have a different opinion to you and wanting to get the Guards involved.

Where were the mask advocates last flu season or during the swine flu pandemic 11 years ago. Since both diseases are transmitted in similar ways why are people calling for masks now and not during flu season?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Where were the mask advocates last flu season or during the swine flu pandemic 11 years ago. Since both diseases are transmitted in similar ways why are people calling for masks now and not during flu season?

We all live and learn.
    Masks should be worn in future flu seasons!

Did anyone tell you yet that the point of the mask is to prevent you infecting people before you have symptoms, or if you never have symptoms? I'm sure this point must have come up before.

Flu and swine flu are not infectious to the same extent before you have symptoms, but there is still people mentioning masks previously. Just never became as much of an issue so you never noticed it and we happened to not need to lockdown for those times.

• Advertisement

d15ude wrote: »
    We all live and learn.
    Masks should be worn in future flu seasons!

I expect they will be to some extent. Regular flu levels are lower than normal in Australia already for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes: homemade

A piece of cotton caused a rash? Sorry, not buying that.

Glad you wore one though. I thought you were the talisman for the outright refusal to wear masks.

You really need to start looking at the bigger picture and not just yourself: though I'm not convinced you're as vocally, or physically, anti mask and pro return to the old ways in the real world as you are here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

No: other

Where were the seat-belt advocates in the 1950's? where were hand hygene advocated in the dark-ages?

Cop-on will ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yes: surgical
    Sconsey wrote: »
    Where were the seat-belt advocates in the 1950's? where were hand hygene advocated in the dark-ages?

Cop-on will ya.

IQ89..........oops GT89 :D is just acting the b0llix. Best ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭AUDI20

BattleCorp wrote: »
    IQ89..........oops GT89 :D is just acting the b0llix. Best ignore.

GT89 is just Trolling and having a good laugh at the replies, Mods are really quiet on this one as its so obvious. suggest you all press the ignore button on him as I have just done and stop feeding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭railer201

Yes: valved

Best check other parts of your body that cloth material is rubbing against then - you could have more than one rash ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,512 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In fairness, there are some crap cheapo masks out there that could well be v uncomfortable and cause you superficial irritation.
    You need to try a few out, if in doubt the blue surgical ones.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Yes: homemade

Isn't there a flu vaccine you can take every year before the flu season comes? As for the swine flu(27 dead i think) thank feck we weren't hit as hard as this pandemic, but as we get to know more about these new virus's it seems we're learning that personal responsibility works.... clean hands, wear masks, mass gatherings is a no no etc ... so a bit of common sense goes a looooong way, but ya GT89 you keep doing what your happy to keep doing, I've older relations and for me I'll do what i have to do to make sure i can keep them around as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Strongly suggest you review your hygiene habits. And after reading your posts you might benefit from electroconvulsive therapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Strongly suggest you review your hygiene habits. And after reading your posts you might benefit from electroconvulsive therapy.

I dunno a lot of people in my workplace have a red mark on their nose from wearing the supplied mask so I'd believe someone getting a rash. One fella was saying to me he has really bad headaches and can't sleep properly from wearing it all day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭eleventh

Graham wrote: »
    fortunately its not a widespread lobby.

I'd say it consists of about 4 people on this thread (it just feels like more).
    422 people on the thread voted definite No to wearing a mask, 22% of those who voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

eleventh wrote: »
    422 people on the thread voted definite No to wearing a mask, 22% of those who voted.
    That vote was a long time ago, back when it was weak evidence and not the truckloads of papers and YouTube videos saying otherwise.

bush wrote: »
    I dunno a lot of people in my workplace have a red mark on their nose from wearing the supplied mask so I'd believe someone getting a rash. One fella was saying to me he has really bad headaches and can't sleep properly from wearing it all day.
    Common sense really. Obstructing oxygen is never good for a person. But many people don't seem to know this. Unless they practice wearing a mask for 8-10 hours a day themselves they won't get it.

is_that_so wrote: »
    That vote was a long time ago, back when it was weak evidence and not the truckloads of papers and YouTube videos saying otherwise.
    Yes, those were in the 310 who voted "No: I will wait for the HSE to recommend".
    422 more voted No for other reasons, implying HSE/govt view would not affect their view.

bush wrote: »

My answer was pointed especially for the other poster. He keeps trolling at the best, so.. But yeah, I can imagine some peeps will have a problems like this. If I have that problem, I would try out more masks to see. If they using cloth masks, I would go with very good quality cotton ones with filter pocket. That's what I'm actually doing for long myself, good three ply cotton one and sticking in pm2.5 filter. My most comfortable setup, have always few surgical ones on me in case I run out.

Common sense really. Obstructing oxygen is never good for a person. But many people don't seem to know this. Unless they practice wearing a mask for 8-10 hours a day themselves they won't get it.

You know this obstructing oxygen idea is bs, don't you. Unless you wearing plastic shopping bag..

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Spiderman0081

I live in Stockholm. Went to the shop to buy fruit for my sons lunch. Dropped the kids off at school today. Went for breakfast. Drove my motorbike into the city centre to have coffee with my girlfriend. Went into two watch shops. Drove back home. Met my neighbors when I was parking my bike. Went back to the school to pick up the kids. Went home. I did not see one person wearing a mask.
    Does everyone’s right not to wear a mask in Stockholm trump everyone else’s right not to catch a deadly virus if no one is wearing a mask. I’m confused.

I live in Stockholm. Went to the shop to buy fruit for my sons lunch. Dropped the kids off at school today. Went for breakfast. Drove my motorbike into the city centre to have coffee with my girlfriend. Went into two watch shops. Drove back home. Met my neighbors when I was parking my bike. Went back to the school to pick up the kids. Went home. I did not see one person wearing a mask.
    Does everyone’s right not to wear a mask in Stockholm trump everyone else’s right not to catch a deadly virus if no one is wearing a mask. I’m confused.

Well, at the end who gives a f... about Stockholm, I live in Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

And this is my main reason for never wearing one. They’re unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Common sense really. Obstructing oxygen is never good for a person.

nope

A doctor based in Dublin, Ireland, made a video showing him wearing six face masks to set the record straight on masks and their impact on oxygen levels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement