Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

gabeeg wrote: »
    Denmark - 232 new cases, 14 deaths
    Norway - 64 new cases, 2 deaths (so far)
    Sweden - 512 new cases, 59 deaths

Imagine being the Swedish PM right now as it begins to dawn on you that you've condemned countless thousands of your countrymen to death with idiotic policy.

The same could be and is being said about Boris Johnson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

MOR316 wrote: »
    Like an annual check up with your Doctor?

With some people not showing symptoms of this but reports says lungs can still show some scarring and I read this can also target other organs. The function of other organs will have to be tested like liver, kidneys - can GPS and run them kind of tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭JPCN1

owlbethere wrote: »
    When all this blows over I could definitely see the need for something like a human NCT being needed.

That's very scary thought, more worthy of North Korea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

It's not a cheap dig. They let it happen.

The dogs in the street knew it would lead to deaths. Holohan and co did not.

And so surely die the old man, but he went to a high risk area anyway?

Like I said its sad that people are trying to use a death to score cheap shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not a hope because of the measures we have put in place? or just not have a hope.

What's the highest death recorded per day we'll get to do you think?

Under 100 at most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It is a cheap dig, If even the dogs in the street knew - why did the gentleman go to the pub himself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

MOR316 wrote: »
    Like an annual check up with your Doctor?

Actually it would probably need to be twice a year and made compulsory.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I hope people don't think we're doing well because we're not.
    An increase rate that looks close to dropping below 10%, which is where Italy were a short time ago suggests we are. Still no time for complacency as they keep saying but we are undeniably heading the right way and the next week or so will give indicators on what might happen. I still think they will consider some easing, maybe minor, much later in the month.

wadacrack wrote: »

Was Leo's fault those dicks went to Cheltenham? And we cannot know that this poor man caught from them. In all likelyhood he didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Christy42

It is a random tweet of a meeting that may or may not have involved people who had Corona virus. So it may not have happened. If it did it doesn't even mean it it involves the virus. If it did it does not mean he was close enough for transmission.

It is absolutely a random dig to link the death to Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭crossman47

Ice Storm wrote: »
    An update from Gavan Reilly on ICU numbers.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1245289339086680075?s=19

It was always clear the number in ICU was at the point in time but some people kept questioning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

easypazz wrote: »
    And so surely die the old man, but he went to a high risk area anyway?

Like I said its sad that people are trying to use a death to score cheap shots

I'm not sure you know what a cheap shot is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Leo thanked China . What a stateman he is.:mad:

This whole event is stage managed to fcuk by FG on the backs and health of the hardworking healthcare staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

With some people not showing symptoms of this but reports says lungs can still show some scarring and I read this can also target other organs. The function of other organs will have to be tested like liver, kidneys - can GPS and run them kind of tests.
    You can get a yearly test in the matter private that covers everything, think I paid over 500 for it , the VHI also do a similar one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

They had a chance to get their heads around that 5 weeks ago. "Full state of preparedness" my arse.

So you don’t think any other government in the word would or should have wanted test kits 5 weeks ago...just little old ireland ploughing a lone furrow? **** me the drivel spouted in here :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Was Leo's fault those dicks went to Cheltenham? And we cannot know that this poor man caught from them. In all likelyhood he didn't

He could've made quarantine compulsory for them, as well as for anyone else coming from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DevilsHaircut

Having to deal again and again with the same relentless idiotic questions from journalists on testing delays etc. will not have helped Tony Holohan's stress levels/health.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,589 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ace2007 wrote:
    How long are you prepared to be in lockdown as you say?
    As long as it takes. Doing it right means it only has to last about four weeks after you have no new positive tests.
    Doing it right means nobody in or out of the country, proper lockdown and social distancing at all times.
    Then we can let our citizens back in the street but you restrict travel until everywhere else is clear of it.
    And if you really, really have to travel then you get quarantined at your own expense for fourteen days upon your return.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,201 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Today's press conference lead by Dr Ronan Glynn is at 5:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭crossman47

New Home wrote: »
    He could've made quarantine compulsory for them, as well as for anyone else coming from abroad.

And where would he have put them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

jackboy wrote:
    Any idea what country the reagent is manufactured in? Is there just one company producing the reagent?
    I dont know. Someone did post a link in this thread about a company from Holland but i dont know if thats the company we get our stock from.
    If we need more tests done quickly we should send some away if there is capacity somewhere else. Each batch could have known Positive/ negative control samples in them so that we could verify that those samples were correct. We could also send samples that have been split in to an A and B sample and then test our A sample when we have the capacity.This is what they do for drug tests for athletes.

You would find it very hard to find any country that can keep up with their own demand for testing, let alone take on thousands of samples from another country.
    How long should someone be symptom free before returning to normal?
    I'm not a medic and would not try to offer medical advice.

I have read that people should be 5 days symptom free but people should obviously contact their GP.
    Question Martina. If you don't have a positive covid 19 test result, can you apply for government assistance? Many people will be tempted to keep working if they haven't got a test result.
    I have no idea about government payments. Perhaps someone else here might have the answer.

I dont think people should return to work if waiting for a result. But if someone has been symptom free for a number of days their GP may give them the green light.

I'm not sure you know what a cheap shot is.

I know exactly what a cheap shot is, an old man died, he went to a pub knowing the virus was rampant, he may have caught it in the pub, or the next pub, it might have come from somebody who might have been in Cheltenham, but maybe the barman was back from skiing in northern Italy, but its all Leo's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ITman88 wrote: »
    no way the 2km restriction from your home will be adhered to much longer.

I've no idea why people are kicking up so much fuss over the 2km restriction. This is only related to exercise. If people need more than 2km to exercise, then there must be something wrong with them. It's not that difficult to achieve. If you want to run 20k, do feckin laps of a certain area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

And if he did that - then people would have found ways around it - just fly to Belfast and cross the border.

What i don't get is why everything that happens in this country people blame the government. No one ever thinks maybe they are doing all that they can, they can't stop the virus - no country has.

if they quarantined them in a hotel, and the chef died - then it would be the government's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Christy42 wrote: »
    It is a random tweet of a meeting that may or may not have involved people who had Corona virus. So it may not have happened. If it did it doesn't even mean it it involves the virus. If it did it does not mean he was close enough for transmission.

It is absolutely a random dig to link the death to Leo.

The terrible travel advice for Cheltenham and elsewhere will lead to many Irish infections and deaths.

Sorry if that upsets you, but it's fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

They should be at least €100 a box now. Especially considering there is an alternative and some people will argue with the next bit I'm going to write. There is a better alternative - vaping.

This crisis could be used to wipe out cigarettes entirely from the population so long as they don't target them little vape juice bottles of 10ml the same way as cigarettes.

Them same bottles of juice are mass produced in China from god knows what.anti freeze,cat piss,and a tea spoon of corona virus throw in.
    But yeah, vaping is good.
    The only thing you’re lungs are designed for is breathing.anything else is just not good for you.wouldnt surprise me in the least if vaping and corona virus are some ways connected in China.

He can dig up all the roads in Ireland too to prevent people dying in car crashes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

bb12 wrote: »
    so he's cycling along the lovely country lanes, coughs, splutters or spits and it lands on a field gate. it's the busiest time of the year for farming, so farmer comes along, opens said field gate and voila they are infected.

most farmers work alone so you've just taken a food producer out of circulation and probably risked the lives of many animals as it's right bang in the middle of calving and lambing season right now.

:D Utter nonsense! April fools?

Dramatic though. He wont stop at a gate to admire livestock and smear the gate with 'da virus'. I have a small farm myself by the way.

Riddle me this, what if he only goes for a 2km cycle and passes a few gates?

As I said, utter nonsense. Did make me laugh though.

If my auntie has balls she'd be my uncle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

He may well have already had it before the Cheltenham lads came back. In which case it was even more irresponsible for him to be out in a bar, regardless of how much he ‘liked a pint’.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement