Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restriction questions - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

BoatMad wrote: »
    Dogs , within 2Km of your home and on your own

No you can’t walk in adult groups , irrespective of living together , excercie to be conducted alone

The essential workers lists are being updated

Testing is being restricted , th3 next big thing will be antibody testing , much more useful

Quote RTE: To take brief individual personal exercise within 2km of your own home which may include children from your own household as long as you adhere to two-metre physical distancing

Surely you can go as a family?! Makes no sense to stop people living together who want to walk together from doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I think the point being raised is that 'only essential services are to open from tomorrow'.
    Followed by obvious question:'what are those essential services? '

Followed by answer: 'We'll tell you tomorrow'.
    Do you not see something amiss?

Only if you missed this:

". If you consider your business or service to be an essential service the advice is you should open tomorrow, pending the publication of the list"

youngblood wrote: »
    Hotels closing? Two nearby that have been open, not mentioned on the list

Whos been staying in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Surely you can go as a family?! Makes no sense to stop people living together who want to walk together from doing so?
    There's only my wife and I living here. What possible reasons could there be for us not going for a walk together rather than separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

36 rooms tonight, 4 left after announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Only if you missed this:

". If you consider your business or service to be an essential service the advice is you should open tomorrow, pending the publication of the list"

Would it not have made sense to have the list and save all those workers getting onto buses, trains etc in the morning?

Alun wrote: »
    There's only my wife and I living here. What possible reasons could there be for us not going for a walk together rather than separately?

Forced breaks to prevent murders? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Quote RTE: To take brief individual personal exercise within 2km of your own home which may include children from your own household as long as you adhere to two-metre physical distancing

No it’s means one adult can bring their kids along , the key point is to minimise the household to the virus.
    Surely you get the point of the whole thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

The list has been published , or can’t you use google , it’s been referenced dozens of time on various boards posts in th3 last hour

That’s the old list published this morning. Not to use your own rudeness , but a google search would tell you the list will be published in the morning (28th)

So that both of you don’t become virus carriers and infect others. ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 chimerical26

My parents live about 20km from me. They are cocooned. Is it possible for me to exceed the 2km limit to leave groceries on their doorstep?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    No mention of trades & services. Building sites & the likes.

The whole thing seems to be thrown together in a very rushed way

It is specifically a retail only list, which most people here seem to be missing

I'm fairly sure that sites will be closed.

Repair work for trades would be emergency, new works would not.

My parents live about 20km from me. They are cocooned. Is it possible for me to exceed the 2km limit to leave groceries on their doorstep?

Only if this is an essential activity , ie not a social visit, of there is another safer way ( yiu order , they deliver etc) , then you should consider that

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

So that both of you don’t become virus carriers and infect others. ,
    What? How is it more likely that we'll become infected if we go out together as opposed to separately?

No it’s means one adult can bring their kids along , the key point is to minimise the household to the virus.
    Surely you get the point of the whole thing

Thank you for clarifying! Got a bit lost! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chimerical26

Only if this is an essential activity , ie not a social visit, of there is another safer way ( yiu order , they deliver etc) , then you should consider that

I have heard on the radio that online deliveries are fully booked lately. It may end up being essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aceman67

I wonder if computer repair callouts would be considered essential

I have heard on the radio that online deliveries are fully booked lately. It may end up being essential.

Then you decide and justify it. That’s fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I think the point being raised is that 'only essential services are to open from tomorrow'.
    Followed by obvious question:'what are those essential services? '

Followed by answer: 'We'll tell you tomorrow'.
    Do you not see something amiss?

Just go to work or open tomorrow if you're due to. If it turns out that you're not on the list, go home/close.

You're not gonna be arrested and thrown on jail if you have a reasonable excuse for being out.

How is this so difficult for people?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Just go to work or open tomorrow if you're due to. If it turns out that you're not on the list, go home/close.

You're not gonna be arrested and thrown on jail if you have a reasonable excuse for being out.

In my case, the level of prep required for next week will either be Quite A Lot or Absolute Death Inducingly Insane depending on whether we're considered essential (so have some time) or not (so need to try blag it all in a few hours)

Its amateur to make an announcement without the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

El Weirdo wrote: »

Not difficult at all. But why have people needlessly going around tomorrow when there is no need to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

aceman67 wrote: »
    I wonder if computer repair callouts would be considered essential
    I can imagine it would be , a lot of people working from home so IT services probably will classed as essential on a call out basis.

Food delivery places should be prioritised. Extra deliver drivers (anyone with a van thats not working now) taken on by supermarkets and extra take away delivery drivers. Give people as much opportunity as possible to have food come to them rather than need to go to supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

It will make it far easier to police. How can anyone tell if 2 people walking together are a couple or two friends meeting up for a chat?

ceegee wrote: »
    It will make it far easier to police. How can anyone tell if 2 people walking together are a couple or two friends meeting up for a chat?

Thanks!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Abba987 wrote: »
    Please move / merge if appropriate
    New topic seeking clarity to an announcement made only a few hours ago - this is the type of thread we do need as these questions and answers are lost in the main thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

ceegee wrote: »

Fair point actually.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

From RTÉ:

However, if you consider your business or service to be an essential service, then the official advice is that you should open tomorrow, pending the publication of a full, detailed list.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Trade counters can’t open , only stores that deliver

2. Retail sale of household consumer products necessary to maintain the safety and sanitation of residences and businesses

Number 2 is trade counters. They are taking about plumbing and electrical trade counters in number 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

To help police it I assumed.

They are not asking much from us regards our walks and our runs, we can do this little bit ha

Advertisement