Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will we fly again?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

While they have cancelled them (not allowing you to book on them) they are not officially cancelled. Waiting for ours to be officially cancelled before travel agent can refund for our package holiday.

For those that had their late June flights cancelled, what date were they?

20th June for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Yes, and they changed that policy last week

Nope!

Thousands of posts across Travel, Consumer Issues, Aviation and Aircraft and Legal Discussion forums on here will tell you what trying to get a refund out of Ryanair is like.

The European commission came out last week and said that people are entitled to refunds (which we already were) and airlines have to offer them and not force people to take vouchers. No timeframe, and it's a very, very long queue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Augeo wrote: »
    Sorry? I think I'd know if my flight was officially cancelled or not. Cheers for the spiel though.

Don't get your knickers in a twist.

In our case it's not a spiel, it's what the travel agent we booked the FR flights as part of a package holiday through told us. Flight was for 27/6 and despite the flight no longer being available for sale it has yet to be officially cancelled.

Caranica wrote: »
    Nope!

Thousands of posts across Travel, Consumer Issues, Aviation and Aircraft and Legal Discussion forums on here will tell you what trying to get a refund out of Ryanair is like.

The European commission came out last week and said that people are entitled to refunds (which we already were) and airlines have to offer them and not force people to take vouchers. No timeframe, and it's a very, very long queue.

Well, you must be using a different Ryanair to me. Heard the CEO on Newstalk last week saying how is only refunds or rebookings, but that refunds will take a while to process due to volume. Lo and behold last week I cancel two flights and am offered a refund or a rebooking. No mention of vouchers

People just love beating up on Ryanair and the reality is not always the same as the bandwagon that people jump on. Ryanair are very clear now.....they are not forcing vouchers on anyone. And the length of time it is taking is completely understandable

In our case it's not a spiel, it's what the travel agent we booked the FR flights as part of a package holiday through told us. Flight was for 27/6 and despite the flight no longer being available for sale it has yet to be officially cancelled.

But mine was cancelled, you said it wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

What's the actual probability of Aer Lingus flights going in June? Due to fly to Faro 20-30June for vilamoura and they have done nothing except extend the no change fee to September.

With Ryanair having nothing now until 1st July it's just annoying to think they'll cancel it a few days/1 week before. Our villa owner is looking for the remainder of the money 5th June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I am in the same boat. Have booked tickets for August and the tickets are no longer for sale but no cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

And the length of time it is taking is completely understandable

How do you explain the delay in a way which makes it understandable?

A refund process can easily be streamlined/automated so that it requires no or very little staff intervention.

I had cancelled flights with BA in late March - it was just a few clicks on the website to claim a cash refund and while not instant I got the money back on my account fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

Just cancelled my flight with Ryanair, as previous posters have said I was offered re routing or cancellation, no mention of vouchers. Super simple process, this is the message generated at the end, obviously the first 2 words are open to wide interpretation!!

''Once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days. A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided in your booking''

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

acermaple wrote: »
    Just cancelled my flight with Ryanair, as previous posters have said I was offered re routing or cancellation, no mention of vouchers. Super simple process, this is the message generated at the end, obviously the first 2 words are open to wide interpretation!!

''Once approved your refund request will be processed within 20 working days to the original form of payment and should show in your account within the next 5-7 working days. A confirmation email will be sent to the address provided in your booking''

Fingers crossed. I need to seek my refund, but not expecting it very quickly.

Sought refund on different Ryanair flights which were cancelled early April and still waiting for money. As other posters have mentioned, after applying for a refund, we got offered a voucher several weeks later. I've ignored that email, and have heard nothing for 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’m amazed at the attitude of some on this thread

What’s so hard to understand?

Most Ppl do not want to get on a flight and breathe in “dirty” recycled air with potentially infected droplets and I ask you - can you blame them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Flying from now on will be at your own risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Wasnt it always?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Honestly, my flight at the moment to Spain is going ahead on 1st July. However I wont be travelling this year. Summer holidays will not be anywhere near what they were like last year and I'd rather holiday in Ireland this year and try support local businesses.

In Spain they are talking about keeping swimming pools closed, beaches are all segregated, night clubs closed, 2m distancing in pubs. To me that's not a holiday.

Will be looking forward to a holiday next year though, will imagine 2021 will be a lively year for summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Great numbers from Ireland again today. Reality is that in 4 weeks time case numbers throughout Europe will be very low once social distancing and etiquette can be maintained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Honestly, my flight at the moment to Spain is going ahead on 1st July. However I wont be travelling this year. Summer holidays will not be anywhere near what they were like last year and I'd rather holiday in Ireland this year and try support local businesses.

In Spain they are talking about keeping swimming pools closed, beaches are all segregated, night clubs closed, 2m distancing in pubs. To me that's not a holiday.

Will be looking forward to a holiday next year though, will imagine 2021 will be a lively year for summer holidays.

What’ll be different in 2021 without a vaccine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

As is driving a car, cycling a bicycle, crossing the road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I’m amazed at the attitude of some on this thread

What’s so hard to understand?

Most Ppl do not want to get on a flight and breathe in “dirty” recycled air with potentially infected droplets and I ask you - can you blame them?

Air on an airplane is not recycled. This has been covered in earlier posts.

Well, you must be using a different Ryanair to me. Heard the CEO on Newstalk last week saying how is only refunds or rebookings, but that refunds will take a while to process due to volume. Lo and behold last week I cancel two flights and am offered a refund or a rebooking. No mention of vouchers
    acermaple wrote: »

Nobody was offered a voucher by Ryanair on cancellation of flight. Just refund or rebooking. Yet everyone who selected refund got an email with a voucher within 20 days(ish).

Ryanair is not processing refunds and has said repeatedly that they won't do so until this crisis is "over".

They first started cancelling flights on 10 March so anyone joining the queue in May will have a long wait. Based on figures available on Ryanair's website, they fly in the region of 400k passengers per day. That's many, many millions of passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Would the same conditions not apply to Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

dok_golf wrote: »
    Would the same conditions not apply to Ireland?

People will still fly abroad this summer because at the end of the day all we are really getting from Harris and co is “advice”. Not obligatory to listen to it. If you don’t want to stay home all summer and pay through the nose for a pint and feed in Ireland then by all means hop off on Ryanair’s new schedule from July.

Regardless of what it’s like abroad, the weather, scenery and surroundings will almost certainly be nicer than here in the summer. That’s all some people want. They don’t need the nightclubs, restaurants, bars, pools.
    Just because a certain section are do-gooders and hang on every word the government says doesn’t mean the rest of us will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭acequion

dee75 wrote: »

Sought refund on different Ryanair flights which were cancelled early April and still waiting for money. As other posters have mentioned, after applying for a refund, we got offered a voucher several weeks later. I've ignored that email, and have heard nothing for 3 weeks.

I'm in the exact same position ie an early April cancellation, requested refund but got offered voucher to which I didn't reply and nothing since.

Like many others I've just received the cancellation of my June flight so that will be two cancellations they'll owe me for. As yet I haven't requested a refund for June.

I'm really not sure what to do as I'm someone who'll be back in the air like a shot as soon as it's possible and where I live, Ryanair is the only option on most routes. So I suppose having flight credit is not a bad idea.

But the problem is that I don't trust Ryanair,hence would rather have my money back and review my options later.

Must we reply to the cancellation email as in fill out a refund request? What happens if you do nothing? Is the credit still there? Am quite muddled by it all and too busy in my work to deal with it.

So I welcome any advice,thanks guys.:)

They told me on chat on Tuesday that they had no record of me rejecting the voucher so I was not in the refund queue. This despite me:
    • applying for refund on 11 March
    • also lodging a formal complaint on 11 March regarding their system only processing a partial instant refund for me, back when you could get instant refunds
    • following up on 30 March, promised refund would come through within 28 days to Paypal
    • rejecting voucher by filling in a form within minutes of the email arriving on 08 April
    • lodging a further official complaint regarding the voucher email given I was promised I'd have my refund by 27 April

Got on webchat this week after spending hours trying to get someone last week. Was told I was absolutely not in the refund queue as Ryanair had sent me a voucher in lieu of refund and they had no record of my rejecting it. I am now in the queue, one of many millions of people.

So if you have not spoken to them on the phone or on webchat to reject the voucher, I'd do so asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Caranica wrote: »
    They told me on chat on Tuesday that they had no record of me rejecting the voucher so I was not in the refund queue. This despite me:
    • applying for refund on 11 March
    • also lodging a formal complaint on 11 March regarding their system only processing a partial instant refund for me, back when you could get instant refunds
    • following up on 30 March, promised refund would come through within 28 days to Paypal
    • rejecting voucher by filling in a form within minutes of the email arriving on 08 April
    • lodging a further official complaint regarding the voucher email given I was promised I'd have my refund by 27 April

Got on webchat this week after spending hours trying to get someone last week. Was told I was absolutely not in the refund queue as Ryanair had sent me a voucher in lieu of refund and they had no record of my rejecting it. I am now in the queue, one of many millions of people.

So if you have not spoken to them on the phone or on webchat to reject the voucher, I'd do so asap.

This is the problem with having 10 different threads on refunds. An alleged expert advised in multiple threads that no action needed to be taken if you didn't want the voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

This is the problem with having 10 different threads on refunds. An alleged expert advised in multiple threads that no action needed to be taken if you didn't want the voucher.

Too many refund threads why aren't people using the main one?

There's threads on at least 4 different fora - Travel, Consumer Issues, Aviation and Aircraft and Legal Discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Which be main consumer the main one??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Which be main consumer the main one??

The refund thréad for refund issues, not the "when will we fly again" one for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Looks like Harris will be signing the 2 week quarantine into law this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Looks like Harris will be signing the 2 week quarantine into law this week.

About time. 2 many coming in from counties with high cases still

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement