Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will we fly again?

Options

Comments

Ryanair giving plenty notice of June flight cancellation to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

acequion wrote: »
    Thanks but I've heard nothing at all about any preferential treatment for property owners. Though so many holiday homes on the Spanish costas are foreign owned there is probably lobbying going on on behalf of the owners.

All guesswork at this stage I'd say.

https://www.andalucia.com/health/coronavirus

Most of what i say confirmed here.
    I think that what i was told about preferential treatment for property owners is local Town so may not be nationwide
    You will see from the article the same rules not apply everywhere.
    My friends live in small town in province of Seville and hardly any tourists, the info usually accurate as what was on article
    on Journal last week i was told last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

... i think Spain likely thinks we in Shengen...

sure :D

Also, what some people here seem to forget. If you live in Belgium, Germany etc.
    traveling to Italy by car is very feasible.
    France to Spain by car or train can be a quick trip, too.

Meaning a lot of people on the continent don't rely on air travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Augeo wrote: »

Yes they are in fairness. Our flights to LPA cancelled yesterday 🙇*♂️. Inevitable but so disappointed at the same time. Hopefully have another crack with them in August or September.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Augeo wrote: »

While they have cancelled them (not allowing you to book on them) they are not officially cancelled. Waiting for ours to be officially cancelled before travel agent can refund for our package holiday.

For those that had their late June flights cancelled, what date were they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,176 ✭✭✭✭km79

While they have cancelled them (not allowing you to book on them) they are not officially cancelled. Waiting for ours to be officially cancelled before travel agent can refund for our package holiday.

They cancelled ours (knock - lanzarote 14-24june) last night
    Refund being processed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

d15ude wrote: »
    sure :D

Also, what some people here seem to forget. If you live in Belgium, Germany etc.
    traveling to Italy by car is very feasible.
    France to Spain by car or train can be a quick trip, too.

Meaning a lot of people on the continent don't rely on air travel.

Yep last September took the ferry to Cherbourg and i ended up at the France/ North Italy border easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,072 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

km79 wrote: »
    Refund being processed

Love your faith. Refund "processing" means you'll get a voucher by email in a few weeks and then go in a very very long queue. 67 days and counting for me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Has anyone had a FR flight cancelled that they purchased via a travel agent as part of a package holiday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Family flight to Barcelona on 4th July cancelled by Ryanair this morning.
    I wasnt going to go anyway, so its good that they cancelled it.
    Now for the long wait for the refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Got an email from Ryanair saying our Morocco trip is cancelled. Few clicks and a short form filled in and my refund is in place.

Easy peasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Got an email from Ryanair saying our Morocco trip is cancelled. Few clicks and a short form filled in and my refund is in place.

Easy peasy.

What dates?

What dates?

11th June to the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Looks like they did a sweep last night and cancelled a big bunch of flights.
    As far as I can tell they have been doing that middle of the month not since the start of the crisis.

Easy peasy.

Your refund is being processed
    It is not in place

A long road ahead for us yet I fear !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Easy peasy.

haha and you actually think you will get this money anytime soon when no one else has , the only only people who have managed to get refunds are those who done charge backs it seems to work with some banks and not other, others like myself have initiated a claim with the small claims court and are ongoing.

Your refund is being processed
    It is not in place

A long road ahead for us yet I fear !

I'm sure I'll survive waiting a month or two for my €100. It will be in my account when it's in my account. Relax yourself.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    haha and you actually think you will get this money anytime soon when no one else has , the only only people who have managed to get refunds are those who done charge backs it seems to work with some banks and not other, others like myself have initiated a claim with the small claims court and are ongoing.

Has Ryanair not cone out and explicitly confirmed that everyone will get their refund. Just that they have a backlog to work through with limited staff. They are not doing vouchers....only cash refunds. So given that this is an issue of processing volumes v staffing, what is a claim at the small claims court expected to achieve

I'm sure I'll survive waiting a month or two for my €100. It will be in my account when it's in my account. Relax yourself.

It'll be longer than that. I'm already into month 3.

I was just clarifying in case anyone is expecting an immediate refund as I was informed by another poster this morning they have been waiting 67 days and no sign yet
    No need for the aggression

• Advertisement

Has Ryanair not cone out and explicitly confirmed that everyone will get their refund. Just that they have a backlog to work through with limited staff. They are not doing vouchers....only cash refunds. So given that this is an issue of processing volumes v staffing, what is a claim at the small claims court expected to achieve

what are you talking about, Ryanair are constantly trying to fob people off with vouchers instead issuing refunds, this has been going on now since the pandenic started, where you have been living :D

I'm now waiting close on 3 months and nothing, dont fool yourself mate, you wont be getting any refunds anytime soon, maybe even next year, why do you think so many have initiated claims against Ryanair, one of the most profitable airlines in the world with billions of euro in reserve ,yet they refuse to refund passengers who paid for flights trying to fob them off with vouchers, many have lost their jobs due to the virus and could badly do with this money.

what are you talking about, Ryanair are constantly trying to fob people off with vouchers instead issuing refunds, this has been going on now since the pandenic started, where you have been living :D

Yes, and they changed that policy last week

Yes, and they changed that policy last week

I was thinking that
    No mention of a voucher for me
    Change flight or
    Refund

I an now thinking the Airlines are managing this whole thing.
    Say a full flight is 100 persons, if more than 40% have already opted for change which they have offered it unlikely viable to fly.
    They cancel and push other people to go later and small %% insist non refund which they will deal with.
    Its really a numbers game and they be the experts at playing this game as its what they do.

I was thinking that
    Change flight or
    Refund

We coming into high season now, if they cancel a flight for say July that cost €200 trip.
    If we opt to buy same trip in say Oct and cost €100, will we get €100 refund...

For those that had their late June flights cancelled, what date were they?

Sorry? I think I'd know if my flight was officially cancelled or not. Cheers for the spiel though.

I was thinking that
    Change flight or
    Refund

We all got that at the start. It's not a change of Ryanair policy, it's called buying time.

You'll get the voucher email within 20 days.

I never said I'll get it soon. I'm not going to get obsessed about a cheap ticket to Marrakesh.

I've already done a charge back request with Revolut for my south east asia trip as that was in the hundreds and the agency handled it terribly. I'm simply saying that the refund process that Ryanair provided was easy peasy and that I'm happy to wait for a measly €100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dee75

Lack of people or France refusing inbound flights?

I'd suspect it's the latter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement