Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

It's going to the same as normal after a day or two. Alot of people are not going to comply with these restrictions judging by the actions last weekend and some of the parks today also...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Bob24 wrote: »
    Rents might not rise in absolute terms but they will rise in percentage of disposable income.

I actually think helicopter money will happen as politically it is a very easy sale (“give the money to the people instead of giving it to the rich”). And to be clear I perfectly understand that feeling and indeed agree QE, low rates, repo operations all benefit to people with expensive assets. But while it will feel good at first I am convinced it will not serve “the people” in the end as it will destroy the value of currency and thus of their savings and pensions; while never really helping them because as I said the value of money is relative to what others have so if everyone gets more no one really has more purchasing power.

I seriously think helicopter money is a real possibility by the end of this crisis, the employment support is essentially that at one level

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I’ve no TV - maybe someone could assist - have gone back to page 310 of this thread and no specific or link. Of course on the gov.ir Covid 19 page there has been no update since March 24th.

Maybe someone could tell me, please.

Are we not allowed out now without a permit or something?
    Jesus, how can anyone follow these threads and not have it set to 40 post per page?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,387 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Tell that to the black & white sidekick walking tepeatedly across the parked traffic spitting on cars today - about ten yards uo from the garda station - open. Or to the 8 dossers spinning ribbons and spread sitting on the footpath outside rhe grda station blocking everyone from using it without stepping over them. Oh yea - very proactive. Locked inside eating Tayto I’d say.

Well according to the new restrictions, no groups of any size can congregate together as of midnight. Two or three teenagers walking along a road or standing together is not allowed (they must be on their own)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

If no one is supposed to be going out then why will buses be running?

Who said no one is supposed to be out?

The public transport is restricted to essential workers only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

BoatMad wrote: »
    It’s essentially to limit Dubliners leaving the city

Should be permanent so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Where does it say one person at a time? Not disputing, just didn't see that and I ned the details for a few neighbours. Thanks.
    I thought Leo said exercise was one person at a time, not sure about shopping. Nothing on gov.ie about it yet, though it's coming into force in 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Monumental

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I like a run and have been running up until today on open wide spaces with not too many people.

But I'll take one for the team and try YouTube workouts for 2 weeks anyway. Literally need to stay at home as much as possible given the severity.

I suppose being out just encourages others to be out. Can't do a whole lot of running in 2 km anyway.

Run 2km out then 2km back . 2km the other way and 2km back ,still within the guidelines .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Can someone explain to me what exactly this “lockdown” means?

What happens if we go out? I need to run an important errand tomorrow - are the guards going to stop me?

If no one is supposed to be going out then why will buses be running?

Why is it so hard for people to do just do what they are told?

Bus are only running for those who need them to get to essential service work - like nurses/doctors and all the rest. They are not for joe soap to take a wander into town for a look around.

You'd swear that the government are asking to say goodbye to your loves ones, because they are sending you out to fight ISIS...

All anyone is asking is for you stay at home...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭pgj2015

dan786 wrote: »
    The public transport is restricted to essential workers only.

what about people with no cars who want to go get food? can they not get a taxi etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

kingtiger wrote: »
    the vast majority of people are adhering to social distancing

this new directive had to be brought in for the fcukwits that just dont listen or give a sh1t

If everyone just stayed in for a few weeks this would be over

But no, a few sh1theads just cant do it

If it’s only for 2 weeks thats fine but they didn’t guarantee that

voluntary wrote: »
    46 doctors have died to date in Italy (4 additional today). 6414 health workers have tested positive.
    This is meaningless without knowing how many doctors died in total and how it compares to the historical data. 1700 Italians die every day, some of those are inevitably going to be doctors. They have 4.2 doctors per 1,000 population.

Gael23 wrote: »
    If it’s only for 2 weeks rha S fine but they didn’t guarantee that

2 weeks, yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Only just noticed it says "STAY AT HOME" under the RTE BUG - has that just started tonight?

jk23 wrote: »
    It's going to the same as normal after a day or two. Alot of people are not going to comply with these restrictions judging by the actions last weekend and some of the parks today also...

No it’s not , because the Gardaí now have specific powers and a well defined set of limits. ( fir example husband and wife in car , Nono, where do you live , there a supermarket over there , good evening can yiu show me proof of your address , you are 8km away from home , two or more people together and clearly am adult and kids , nono , etc)
    These new rules are clearly designed to be enforced and enforceable

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

9 o'clock news: Paddy stay at home!

Meanwhile...

21:10
    Birmingham
    EI277 Aer Lingus
    BAGGAGE DELIVEREDARRIVED AT 20:30
    Terminal T2

More details
    21:10
    Amsterdam
    EI611 Aer Lingus
    BAGGAGE DELIVEREDARRIVED AT 20:44
    Terminal T2

More details
    21:25
    Manchester
    EI213 Aer Lingus
    BAGGAGE DELIVEREDARRIVED AT 20:48
    Terminal T2

More details
    21:40
    Zurich
    EI349 Aer Lingus
    ARRIVED AT 21:03
    Terminal T2

More details
    21:40
    Liverpool
    FR447 Ryanair
    CANCELLED
    Terminal T1

More details
    21:50
    Munich
    EI357 Aer Lingus
    LANDED
    Terminal T2

More details
    21:55
    Lisbon
    EI487 Aer Lingus
    ON SCHEDULE
    Terminal T2

More details
    22:00
    Brussels
    EI639 Aer Lingus
    EXPECTED
    Terminal T2

More details
    22:00
    Dusseldorf
    EI699 Aer Lingus
    ARRIVED AT 21:05
    Terminal T2

More details
    22:05
    London LHR
    EI179 Aer Lingus
    ON SCHEDULE
    Terminal T2

More details

These flights are basically empty, hand full of passengers, they are mainly carrying mail, cargo etc and any person that wished to travel home, they no more unsafe then getting a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Hossier is touching his mouth

After he held the mic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I agree , I see no exit strategy to this current methodology , I wasn’t a fan of the herd immunity , but right now this current approach merely leaves large segments of the population with no exposure to the Virus , that’s not a solution

A vaccine is the only game in town, protecting the vulnerable until that arrives is the strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

pgj2015 wrote: »
    what about people with no cars who want to go get food? can they not get a taxi etc?

If you need to go shopping etc you can use the bus

pgj2015 wrote: »

Yes they can get a taxi , or have it delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What EXACTLY does cocooning mean? Can someone please explain to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bekker

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Open, if they're within 2km of your home.
    I wonder if holiday homes are excluded?

Maybe a better definition was required.

Such as 'principle permanent residence'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Africa we need a concert any chance you'd help us out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭con747

Nibs05 wrote: »
    These flights are basically empty, hand full of passengers, they are mainly carrying mail, cargo etc and any person that wished to travel home, they no more unsafe then getting a bus.

As long as they self isolate, yes.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Gael23 wrote: »
    If it’s only for 2 weeks thats fine but they didn’t guarantee that

We all know it won't be two weeks. They can't be telling us the whole story it's about preventing panic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

No it’s not , because the Gardaí now have specific powers and a well defined set of limits. ( fir example husband and wife in car , Nono, where do you live , there a supermarket over there , good evening can yiu show me proof of your address , you are 8km away from home , two or more people together and clearly am adult and kids , nono , etc)
    These new rules are clearly designed to be enforced and enforceable

I hope you are right but I don't think it will be enforced properly

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

I don’t believe that is the case , you get it delivered , this is essentially a “ shelter in place “ order

RugbyLad11 wrote: »

there are no buses in a lot of rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What EXACTLY does cocooning mean? Can someone please explain to me?

Google it - you will get less stupid replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Hedgehod55

Nibs05 wrote: »

It is pointless explain that to these people. These mouth-breathers can't see beyond "planes in sky still flying" and assume that they're packed full of infected foreign tourists. Just not true at this point. 99% of passengers on these flights are returning Irish and I would not want to leave them stranded at this time. And as you said, these flights are mostly empty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement