Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoVid19 Part XI - 2,615 in ROI (46 deaths) 410 in NI (21 deaths)(29/03)*OP upd 28/03*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dummy_crusher

fritzelly wrote: »
    Removed the post now but this is what he did have listed

- Health Care Workers and Social Carers.
    - Food and medicine providers.
    - Public service / civil service.
    - Utilities.
    - Transport (Lorry drivers, hauliers, bus/train)
    - Journalists.

That's a short list but there are a lot more businesses that are deemed essential that many may not think of. Supply chains for some manufacturing companies can be quite large and include lots of small companies providing parts or services.

I personally know of a few which I was surprised to hear were given the essential status.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I’ve no TV - maybe someone could assist - have gone back to page 310 of this thread and no specific or link. Of course on the gov.ir Covid 19 page there has been no update since March 24th.

Maybe someone could tell me, please.

Are we not allowed out now without a permit or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,387 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    I find it strange that the goverment did not contact BOARDS.IE and get the brains that are posting on the CoVid19 thread to sort out this problem, reading all these threads and a I am amazed at the amount of expert geniuses that have come together in this site, they would put the geniuses of the history of the world to shame,
    Well actually...

I have been asked to try and spot some knowledgeable posters but have just drawn blanks so far:(

Still, there's always some hope and if I can't find anyone I could well die trying

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Not sure how to post a tweet....from Richard Chambers of VM1 on the essential workers list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

GetWithIt wrote: »
    I don’t think this list can be final. Construction is ongoing on a number of medical facilities which then opens up a huge number of workers and suppliers

Building medical facilities is one thing, everything else is not essential

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

timhenn wrote: »
    This move can only be welcomed. Far too late though.

Not if people had listened instead of packing out pubs. Big queue's at MC Donald's nationwide. HOW SAD that was. Lots of fools in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Not surprised after the amount of twats out last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Nermal wrote: »
    The reason a 2KM limit is attracting criticism is because it's transparently a figure picked from thin air, merely because a figure had to be given.

It’s essentially to limit Dubliners leaving the city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭con747

Well the majority of the replies seem to think that going for a drive would be completely out of question due to a breakdown / crash.

While I personally see it as a lower risk than walking in my local park or going to the busy supermarket, I wanted to gauge the opinions on here.

You got your answers. Stay at HOME.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

46 doctors have died to date in Italy (4 additional today). 6414 health workers have tested positive.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

2h3m2v.jpg

Oh FFS! Thought I'd left the webcam on when I saw that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I’ve no TV - maybe someone could assist - have gone back to page 310 of this thread and no specific or link. Of course on the gov.ir Covid 19 page there has been no update since March 24th.

https://www.gov.ie/en/news/7e0924-latest-updates-on-covid-19-coronavirus/#march-27

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

Logan Roy wrote: »
    1355331549061.jpg

Hey, someone else thought it was a disgusting comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

rte news:

https://www.rte.ie/news/player/live/7/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

Beasty wrote: »
    I wonder if this is accurate. I think a better description may be
    "The healthy with no known underlying conditions"

A lot of people have conditions that simply do not present in a way that causes concern. That may be heart, or perhaps lung conditions. It's not likely that many postmortems are being carried out in places where this virus has taken hold
    That is very true. Young people dying from coronavirus is much more likely to be evidence of undiagnosed conditions than any problem with the stats which say this affects older people overwhelmingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

moeblogs wrote: »
    Covid Merch.. Have to say the keychain looks well made...:pac:

Covid 19 keychain.. Custom Covid nineteen FREE keychain Made In USA ID Medical Tag Necklace. Use this to tell the world that you are Covid-nineteen Free! Could be worn as a necklace or as a keychain. Made with biodegradable PLA. Condition is New with tags.

Anything to make a buck out of other people's misery

Strazdas wrote: »

Tell that to the black & white sidekick walking tepeatedly across the parked traffic spitting on cars today - about ten yards uo from the garda station - open. Or to the 8 dossers spinning ribbons and spread sitting on the footpath outside rhe grda station blocking everyone from using it without stepping over them. Oh yea - very proactive. Locked inside eating Tayto I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Have a look on RTE.IE/News.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

It’s simple , one person at a time can travel for food and medicines , other then that only within a 2Km radius for recreation

• Advertisement

Can't see any of the pharma companies closing. All either making medical devices or products.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Not if people had listened instead of packing out pubs. Big queue's at MC Donald's nationwide. HOW SAD that was. Lots of fools in this country.

They were taking their lead from the Taoiseach who was flying over and back to America? Crazy to think that was only 2 weeks ago.

BoatMad wrote: »
    It’s simple , one person at a time can travel for food and medicines , other then that only within a 2Km radius for recreation

thanks a mil. Are beaches and parks closed now? Or ‘just’ a 2k restriction? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Scary times

Please christ hope people listen and we get over this once and for all

BoatMad wrote: »

Where does it say one person at a time? Not disputing, just didn't see that and I ned the details for a few neighbours. Thanks.

thanks a mil. Are beaches and parks closed now? Or ‘just’ a 2k restriction? Many thanks.

Open, if they're within 2km of your home.

timhenn wrote: »
    They were taking their lead from the Taoiseach who was flying over and back to America? Crazy to think that was only 2 weeks ago.

Nah since that. And you know that. Last week has been a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

FVP3 wrote: »
    It will stop consumer price deflation. If we get to 20% unemployment then rents, and everything else will drop in price, people cant pay rents when laid off. They will eventually (post lockdown) leave the country, or go back to their parents house. Rents fell post 2008.

The government will pay HAP anyway, which is money borrowed from the future, although that too can be monetised by the ECB.

Even the US is doing that.

Rents might not rise in absolute terms but they will rise in percentage of disposable income.

I actually think helicopter money will happen as politically it is a very easy sale (“give the money to the people instead of giving it to the rich”). And to be clear I perfectly understand that feeling and indeed agree QE, low rates, repo operations all benefit to people with expensive assets. But while it will feel good at first I am convinced it will not serve “the people” in the end as it will destroy the value of currency and thus of their savings and pensions; while never really helping them because as I said the value of money is relative to what others have so if everyone gets more no one really has more purchasing power.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Can someone explain to me what exactly this “lockdown” means?

What happens if we go out? I need to run an important errand tomorrow - are the guards going to stop me?

ShyMets wrote: »
    So if someone jumps on a bus will the bus driver ask them are they working in essential services.

If no one is supposed to be going out then why will buses be running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭paul71

Risteard81 wrote: »
    The post I responded to claimed that it was the "elected government". Clearly that is wholly untrue.

No, you called it a junta. Whereas it is clearly the constitutional government of this country, and the bill was passed by the elected Dail, approved by the constitutionally appointed/elected senad, and signed into law by the elected president.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement