Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=756721475268976&set=a.133020690972394

Does anybody know if this is correct?

I received my first payment Jan 19th, having not returned to work since the Christmas break (last day was December 23rd, never re opened when cases skyrocketed)

According to that on FB, that payment would cover Friday Jan 1st to Thursday the 7th. Meaning I am basically 12 days in arrears?

Does this mean if I returned to work on Monday March 8th, I would continue to receive two more PUP payments on March 16th and 23rd? Or are the arrears going to be given at some random date like they did at Christmas?

It's ridiculously vague, like everything Citizens Information is in charge of.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

Is there a huge delay to this payment? My brother got the virus 3 weeks ago. Our shared house had to self isolate and we applied for that payment while off work. But none of us, my brother included has been paid. Its a struggle to get my head above water considering im paid weekly and thats 700 just waiting to come in. Emailing them does nothing and i cant find info on it anywhere. Can someone shed some light?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭audman13

Decky86 wrote: »
    Is there a huge delay to this payment? My brother got the virus 3 weeks ago. Our shared house had to self isolate and we applied for that payment while off work. But none of us, my brother included has been paid. Its a struggle to get my head above water considering im paid weekly and thats 700 just waiting to come in. Emailing them does nothing and i cant find info on it anywhere. Can someone shed some light?
    Did you get your doctor to send off a cert? You won't get paid until you do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Decky86

audman13 wrote: »
    Did you get your doctor to send off a cert? You won't get paid until you do so.

They didnt mention that part. I know my brother had that done by the doc but it didnt seem to help him either. I will call and ask them if they did this for me too.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Does anybody know if the PUP payment is likey to be extended with this new lockdown announcement? According to Citizens Info it is due to be stopped on March 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

pconn062 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the PUP payment is likey to be extended with this new lockdown announcement? According to Citizens Info it is due to be stopped on March 31st.

Latest I've read online is that it will most likely be extended into the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Decky86 wrote: »
    They didnt mention that part. I know my brother had that done by the doc but it didnt seem to help him either. I will call and ask them if they did this for me too.

You have to be medically certified either by your GP or the HSE in order to qualify for the enhanced illness benefit.

Your doctor has to fill out a certificate of incapacity to work. He can send it directly for you or he can give it to you and you can appy via email.
    Did you receive a text message from the HSE to state you are a close contact? That can also be used. You apply the same way you would for illness benefit. The money wont magically appear in your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭rgossip30

Anyone claiming for the 65 and over Job Seeker benefit . There was no criteria as to who actually qualifies my claim was disallowed as I am on job seekers allowance . I got the impression from reports that anyone over 65 was eligible and saw nothing to the contrary .

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Anyone claiming for the 65 and over Job Seeker benefit . There was no criteria as to who actually qualifies my claim was disallowed as I am on job seekers allowance . I got the impression from reports that anyone over 65 was eligible and saw nothing to the contrary .

This payment is for people who are forced to retire at 65. Its to carry them over until they reach pension age at 66.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Some people I know got extra in their PUP payments today, however I did not receive any extra.

Bizarre, Its not exactly a double payment either as the amounts are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Some people I know got extra in their PUP payments today, however I did not receive any extra.

Bizarre, Its not exactly a double payment either as the amounts are different.

Arrears maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=756721475268976&set=a.133020690972394

Does anybody know if this is correct?

I received my first payment Jan 19th, having not returned to work since the Christmas break (last day was December 23rd, never re opened when cases skyrocketed)

According to that on FB, that payment would cover Friday Jan 1st to Thursday the 7th. Meaning I am basically 12 days in arrears?

Does this mean if I returned to work on Monday March 8th, I would continue to receive two more PUP payments on March 16th and 23rd? Or are the arrears going to be given at some random date like they did at Christmas?

It's ridiculously vague, like everything Citizens Information is in charge of.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

I received an extra payment today but it was not the correct amount of the rerate arrears plus this week's payment.

Did anyone else receive an extra payment and was it the right amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 quazzy1

ATC110 wrote: »
    I received an extra payment today but it was not the correct amount of the rerate arrears plus this week's payment.

Did anyone else receive an extra payment and was it the right amount?

Yeah, I also received an extra payment today. I was due to get arrears alright but it looks like I only got half of what was owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

I got 400 extra yesterday. Not sure when it was from..

It's a very strange one, one friend got in excess of a double payment, another got almost that, very strange amounts too.

Meanwhile, I'm apparently not entitled to arrears, but my co worker, who I helped with the application 2 days after I applied, was entitled to these arrears. Can't see any email to query it, only an 1890 number which will eat all my credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's a very strange one, one friend got in excess of a double payment, another got almost that, very strange amounts too.

Meanwhile, I'm apparently not entitled to arrears, but my co worker, who I helped with the application 2 days after I applied, was entitled to these arrears. Can't see any email to query it, only an 1890 number which will eat all my credit!

Check your phone credit for that for the 1890 numbers. The rules changed last year i think for prepay plans to allow 1890 and similar numbers.

tina1040 wrote: »
    Check your phone credit for that for the 1890 numbers. The rules changed last year i think for prepay plans to allow 1890 and similar numbers.

Yup, it's landline rate which isn't included in my plan. Not wasting all my credit while on hold, which I did a few months ago. Very annoying, essentially uncontactable for me unless I break restrictions and call to someone's house and use their landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just had to check another declaration for the DSP to say I am still eligible for the PUP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Has anyone received an email recently from MyWefare stating “You need to confirm your eligibility for Pandemic Unemployment Payment to continue to receive this payment“ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

ATC110 wrote: »
    Has anyone received an email recently from MyWefare stating “You need to confirm your eligibility for Pandemic Unemployment Payment to continue to receive this payment“ ?

Yes just did it there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

wiz569 wrote: »
    Yes just did it there now.

Were you just asked to confirm address on first page then sign the T&C on the second page?

Carnmore wrote: »
    Were you just asked to confirm address on first page then sign the T&C on the second page?

Yes that was all m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi all, just curious about the eligibility request. I did it yesterday but unsure if I've made an error, Big thumb syndrome. Basically I was expecting a few paged/questions, so confirm address, went to 2nd page (assuming T"s & C"s, clicked next and was shocked, form submitted. Also recieved an email thanking me for confirming. My concern is I didn't even get to check 2nd page and worried, I needs to do additional clicks etc. From what I saw briefly, stuff like employer was pre populated.

Can anyone advise if I needed to confirm (tick) additional items on 2nd page, just concerned I've messed it up and if so will call them, thanks in advance.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hi all, just curious about the eligibility request. I did it yesterday but unsure if I've made an error, Big thumb syndrome. Basically I was expecting a few paged/questions, so confirm address, went to 2nd page (assuming T"s & C"s, clicked next and was shocked, form submitted. Also recieved an email thanking me for confirming. My concern is I didn't even get to check 2nd page and worried, I needs to do additional clicks etc. From what I saw briefly, stuff like employer was pre populated.

Can anyone advise if I needed to confirm (tick) additional items on 2nd page, just concerned I've messed it up and if so will call them, thanks in advance.

No m8 that was all that was required, i remember thinking feck that was quick as it stated that it may take 5 mins :)

wiz569 wrote: »
    No m8 that was all that was required, i remember thinking feck that was quick as it stated that it may take 5 mins :)

Thanks, that's a relief, I thought I might have messed up, albeit I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to submit without everything OK. Just seems very odd, one question basically, confirm your address. Fingers crossed it will be fine and thanks for the response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

For those who have had to reconfirm eligibility, have you been on it full time since the start? I’ve been on and off it, 3rd time on now and haven’t received email, my daughter has been on it since Oct,

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    For those who have had to reconfirm eligibility, have you been on it full time since the start? I’ve been on and off it, 3rd time on now and haven’t received email, my daughter has been on it since Oct,

Morning, that's not been clarified and unlikely to be, I've been on and off and recieved email, I also know some self employed who recieved emails so hard to say if specific recipients being contacted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Morning, that's not been clarified and unlikely to be, I've been on and off and recieved email, I also know some self employed who recieved emails so hard to say if specific recipients being contacted.

It might be random, or eventually everyone will get the email. I didn't get one but checked online and form has to be filled in by march 29th, so plenty of time for everyone to get email

Advertisement