Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Dempo1 wrote: »
    OK, you missed payment this week but I'm sure you'll be OK for next. Ignore under review, the portal very slow to update, There's no notification unless they require add info. No news is good news.

Thanks for that. I should expect a double payment on Tuesday? (last day I worked was December 23rd. Building site never re started due to Covid, pre emptively cut numbers before the ordered shut down for last Monday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

What day did you apply? I applied online last thurs and was in my account on tues. apparently the applications are processed on fridays and money in account following tues.

It says January 8th but I could have sworn it was the 7th (Thursday)

See what happens Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leo86

Hi there.
    Not sure where to post this so sorry if in the wrong place. I was out of work since early last year but am going back shortly.

I am hoping to open a new bank account with AIB as I came home from abroad last year. However my passport is out of date and the only
    ID i have is the public services card.

Is this ID valid to open an account, its not clear on their website as it says national ID card but I'm not sure if they are the same thing. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,967 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Thanks for that. I should expect a double payment on Tuesday? (last day I worked was December 23rd. Building site never re started due to Covid, pre emptively cut numbers before the ordered shut down for last Monday)

Sadly history suggests no, the payment is made a week in arrears from time of application, it's likely any arrears won't be paid immediately. I coukd be wrong but arrears previous to Christmas took months to resolve. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be sorted next week.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

leo86 wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Not sure where to post this so sorry if in the wrong place. I was out of work since early last year but am going back shortly.

I am hoping to open a new bank account with AIB as I came home from abroad last year. However my passport is out of date and the only
    ID i have is the public services card.

Is this ID valid to open an account, its not clear on their website as it says national ID card but I'm not sure if they are the same thing. Thanks.

Hi, this thread dealing with benifits as such but just in quick reply, a public service card may not accepted as it doesn't show all the info banks require for confirming ID. They usually require a passport or Drivers licence. I'd look on there website and see what they accept as valid ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,083 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone who missed payments can apply for an emergency payment

More than likely you can print the form off online or collect them from your local office

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I had to apply to go on it again last week. Self employed in the hospitality game, I needed to get out of the house, after kids went back to school. Sadly, it only lasted 8 weeks, as level 5 closed the shops, and the warehouse I got work in reduced to a trickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,083 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking up the tax

i am lost where the hell do you find out what you owe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking up the tax

i am lost where the hell do you find out what you owe

Search for statement of tax liability 2019 thread, all the answers there, scroll to 3rd page and onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Have to say, fair play to Dempo for all the advice over the last few weeks. You have helped a lot of people out. Take a bow sir!

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement

d51984 wrote: »
    Have to say, fair play to Dempo for all the advice over the last few weeks. You have helped a lot of people out. Take a bow sir!

I've just done so, creek in my neck now :)

Thanks for the kind words

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭herrdood

Hi,
    What is the situation with voluntary redundancy? The only option suggested by INTREO was JB. Is it possible to sign on for PUP and use JB later if nothing turns up?

HD

herrdood wrote: »
    Hi,
    What is the situation with voluntary redundancy? The only option suggested by INTREO was JB. Is it possible to sign on for PUP and use JB later if nothing turns up?

HD

You raise an interesting question, firstly no is my opinion RE PUP entitlement , this is specifically for those laid off temporarily or have lost their job due to pandemic. JSB is applicable in redundancy situations or loss of a job in normal times assuming enough stamps paid.

I'm assuming your getting a redundancy payment? essentially without the redundancy aspect of your question and say you were let go due to pandemic then PUP would be applicable.

Finally whilst I understand its voluntary redundancy, you may be aware redundancy legislation and entitlements are currently suspended. Obviously if your employer is happy to pay than that's fine.

The reason for my opinion is if a company pays redundancy it has to be notified to SW.

Others may have differing opinions, you've lost your job and therefore entitled to PUP, my concern is the redundancy aspect of your question

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭herrdood

Hi Dempo1,
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    TBH we didn't even think of PUP until we spoke to somebody in the same situation who, successfully applied for and, is in receipt of PUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Hi all,
    Was let go in January just before coming back from xmas break ; and had applied on the 8th of Jan
    I didn't get a notification but I decided to log in again after hearing nothing back and getting no emails and it said my payment won't start until the 20th of march - it began a lot quicker the first lockdown.
    I have just about enough to get me by till then but just wondering has anyone else had such a long wait second time around.

airmax87 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Was let go in January just before coming back from xmas break ; and had applied on the 8th of Jan
    I didn't get a notification but I decided to log in again after hearing nothing back and getting no emails and it said my payment won't start until the 20th of march - it began a lot quicker the first lockdown.
    I have just about enough to get me by till then but just wondering has anyone else had such a long wait second time around.

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be explained. There are NO notifications when you apply, the date your referring to is original date you signed up for PUP, the portal records original start date PUP was applied for.

If you've received no request for additional info, your payment will be processed next Tuesday, the payment is made a week in arrears and as long as application done before Wednesday of any given week, payment following Tuesday, if later, you have to wait an additional week, arrears if applicable will be dealt with separately.

*snip*

question nullified by my own reading comprehension, all is sorted :pac:

Should've been clearer my mistake,
    I understand arrears etc from last time.
    Basically this is what I seen when I logged in, no notifications in the notification panel & no emails/text about it
    Notification on the sidebar was confirmation that I had applied
    I'm just wondering why they had it set to begin as far as two months away
    Again if there is something going over my head here please let me know, I am a bit slow
    y3bpUvi.png

They didn't have a look again, March 2020?

I agree it's frustrating and yes SW should be clearer but there's never been notifications on applications, indeed liitle or no communication unless additional info required, decline or eligibility check. You'll be fine, no news good news

After all this confusion I am still in the January mode of thinking its still 2021 and this completely going over my head !
    I'm actually laughing to myself now for not noticing the 20 after march.
    Cheers for going out of your way to explain this though!

After all this confusion I am still in the January mode of thinking its still 2021 and this completely going over my head !
    I'm actually laughing to myself now for not noticing the 20 after march.
    Cheers for going out of your way to explain this though!

Re that message dated 8th Jan, its not requesting additional info is it, I would have thought you would have recieved a payment on Tuesday 18th January, I'd certainly be calling them if you haven't received payment, message says emergency payment application, I thought PUP was no longer classified as an emergency payment? Hence the reason people are now taxed on it unlike emergency payments which are not (just an observation)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I applied for Pup on the 17th of Jan, my account on mywelfare has a start date of the 15th so I'm assuming there will be a payment sometime next week?

conor_ie wrote: »
    I applied for Pup on the 17th of Jan, my account on mywelfare has a start date of the 15th so I'm assuming there will be a payment sometime next week?

Morning, just in relation to that date the 15th, that may be original date you started PUP if you were on it before? yes, if application processed before Wednesday of a given week, payment should be followibg Tuesday. Good Luck

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Morning, just in relation to that date the 15th, that may be original date you started PUP if you were on it before? yes, if application processed before Wednesday of a given week, payment should be followibg Tuesday. Good Luck

Thanks for the quick response! It's my first time on it

conor_ie wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response! It's my first time on it

Ah OK, did you put last date of employment on application the 15th? Just seems strange that date if you applied 17th. Just also to note, it will be paid a week in arrears, if you have a few days in arrears that will be dealt with seperatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ah OK, did you put last date of employment on application the 15th? Just seems strange that date if you applied 17th. Just also to note, it will be paid a week in arrears, if you have a few days in arrears that will be dealt with seperatly.

The 15th was a Friday so makes sense for payment to start on the 15th. Don’t you get paid from the Friday whichever day you stop working, as the ‘week’ starts on Friday, payment should be in next Tuesday.

• Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Itsaduck1

Hi all

Been told to self isolate for 17 days as wife has tested positive

Does anyone know how you can recieve pandemic payment if you have no public services card

Online portal for payment says I can't verify my account without it

Itsaduck1 wrote: »
    Hi all

Been told to self isolate for 17 days as wife has tested positive

Does anyone know how you can recieve pandemic payment if you have no public services card

Online portal for payment says I can't verify my account without it

Response in other thread

• Site Banned Posts: 54 ✭✭Itsaduck1

Response in other thread

Thanks Dempo, all done now, pretty easy, thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My wife re-applied for the PUP on the 24th of December, and got the first payment last week. Do they back date payments for the previous weeks while the application was being processed? Seems to say they will be, but no mention of when that would be.

Looking through the thread and the citizens information page atm for the answer, but haven't found it yet.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    My wife re-applied for the PUP on the 24th of December, and got the first payment last week. Do they back date payments for the previous weeks while the application was being processed? Seems to say they will be, but no mention of when that would be.

Looking through the thread and the citizens information page atm for the answer, but haven't found it yet.

Unfortunately arrears are dealt with seperatly, she will be entitled to PUP from last date of employment. There's been a long term issues with arrears so if any are applicable she will get them at some stage. To date I believe arrears have only been dealt with once, early December. I don't think it will take as long second time around.

Keep in mind also, PUP paid a week in arrears

Advertisement