Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Interesting that you are back since the beginning of May and still didn't get it. I'm off since March 12th and due back the 29th of this month. I'm owed 5 weeks altogether. I wonder will we ever get it��

Hundred percent no bother to them at all. I couldn't even get through to anyone in the know at the time either. Kept being sent around in circles.
    ATC110 wrote: »
    Do you mean eligibility for the PUP or to decide the rate of payment?

I didn't receive an eligibility form - were you notified by email? I've been self-employed for many years with 2018 being the most recent Form 11 submitted.

Under MyWelfare.ie there are "no active claims" but under Payment History each PUP is listed as an "Exceptional Needs Payment"

Both eligibility for continuation of payment and rate of payment from my understanding of completing the form! I received it via mywelfare.ie and it instructed to have it returned by this Wednesday! I became self-employed mid 2018 with nil trade for that year as I had to form my company due to the type of contract work I do!

Same on my payments history - I can see PUP listed as both PUP on some occasions but mostly Exceptional Needs Payment.

NOTE: the request stated "One of the conditions for receipt of this payment is that the date last worked was on or after 6th March 2020."

Are you reporting VAT to Revenue or some other form of declaration between January and March of this year, possibly Revenue have been able to validate you by this means?!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so it's deff 2 payments of €350 left (23rd and week starting 29th) and then for those still on it will be getting divided

Not sure when I'll be back in work

Yes - that's what they have communicated at least!

DEASP couldn't my question about the definition of profit when I called them.
    Revenue are closed to phone-calls also.

I'm trying to preempt being wrongly assessed at the lower rate but there doesn't seem any facility to find out what rate has been allocated to you

It is all very ambiguous and when you try to get to contact someone or get an answer ... it gets you no further ... there is no clarity for people who have genuine concerns and queries to know how things stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Both eligibility for continuation of payment and rate of payment from my understanding of completing the form! I received it via mywelfare.ie and it instructed to have it returned by this Wednesday! I became self-employed mid 2018 with nil trade for that year as I had to form my company due to the type of contract work I do!

Are you reporting VAT to Revenue or some other form of declaration between January and March of this year, possibly Revenue have been able to validate you by this means?!

Just called DEASP again who don't know much at all. Re completing the form you were sent - apparently this is a pilot for a sample of self-employed to see if their system can cope with multiple uploads and then everyone will have to. It's due to GDPR restrictions ie Revenue passing on your details to DEASP

I'm not VAT registered so no contact with Revenue since submitting my 2018 Form 11

Just called DEASP again who don't know much at all. Re completing the form you were sent - apparently this is a pilot for a sample of self-employed to see if their system can cope with multiple uploads and then everyone will have to. It's due to GDPR restrictions ie Revenue passing on your details to DEASP

I'm not VAT registered so no contact with Revenue since submitting my 2018 Form 11

I was just checking gov.ie to refamiliarise myself with the information on it and to see if there is anything new ... I came across this part as follows:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ce26b-how-your-earnings-are-accessed-for-the-change-in-rate-in-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/

If you are self-employed, your average weekly income for 2018 will be used to decide your rate of payment.

It's all a very feel their way along approach! Oh I always seem to be selected for everything, even though they'll say the selection is random!

• Advertisement

unemployment-payment/[/url]

If you are self-employed, your average weekly income for 2018 will be used to decide your rate of payment.[/COLOR]

Yes, I provided that link earlier hence my question about how self-employed income is assessed for this purpose - is it Schedule D income?

Yes, I provided that link earlier hence my question about how self-employed income is assessed for this purpose - is it Schedule D income?

As a sole trader everything you earn after expenses is your income and then subject to the relevant tax bands ... so I would think it will be based on your profit divided by 52 weeks!

As a sole trader everything you earn after expenses is your income and then subject to the relevant tax bands ... so I would think it will be based on your profit divided by 52 weeks!

That's the point -most expenses/overheads are still there despite not working so if gross profit is assessed I'd be eligible for the higher rate but probably not if net (after capital allowances and expenses) is assessed

That's the point -most expenses/overheads are still there despite not working so if gross profit is assessed I'd be eligible for the higher rate but probably not if net (after capital allowances and expenses) is assessed

I think it will be net as it will be net income for employees ... it's typical government style to just let people scramble!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

A friend of mind was temporarily laid off and is on the €350 pandemic payment. He is still receiving a payslip from his job every week with €70 pay. Is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 uet69248

Can anyone confirm if signing on is still suspended? Please and thank you...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jess2019 wrote: »
    A friend of mind was temporarily laid off and is on the €350 pandemic payment. He is still receiving a payslip from his job every week with €70 pay. Is this normal?

No - You should only be in receipt of Covid payment if you're receiving no other income from a workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jess2019

Weird... he has no clue why he has received a payslip first of all because he has been temporarily laid off so shouldn’t be on the books. And has no clue where the €70 is coming from. He thinks it’s tax credits?? But it didn’t seem to be the norm.
    callaway92 wrote: »
    No - You should only be in receipt of Covid payment if you're receiving no other income from a workplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Could anyone help with this before I tell the lads to spend the day on the phone to SW.

Both part timers in with us, signed off last Monday as they returned to work Tuesday 16th . Received payment on the 16th as expected but also received it today?
    I reckon they are a week behind though so were due it. Signed on the 28th March, but didn't get first payment until the 7th April.

Am I right or do they need to send this money back.

rob316 wrote: »
    Could anyone help with this before I tell the lads to spend the day on the phone to SW.

Both part timers in with us, signed off last Monday as they returned to work Tuesday 16th . Received payment on the 16th as expected but also received it today?
    I reckon they are a week behind though so were due it. Signed on the 28th March, but didn't get first payment until the 7th April.

Am I right or do they need to send this money back.

From reading the information on this forum and myown knowledge of this that sounds fine and you don't need to send money back!

Did anyone receive this week's payment last night rather than today?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Did anyone receive this week's payment last night rather than today?

It depends on the bank, I know AIB payments usually go through at 4am, some of the other banks are a few hours earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

It depends on the bank, I know AIB payments usually go through at 4am, some of the other banks are a few hours earlier.

Ptsb usually just before midnight, when I was with UB usually got paid around 10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

joujoujou wrote: »
    Ms jou will be back to work soon (hospitality sector), she's currently on 350pw covid payment.

Her boss already announced all employees despite getting back to work full time will be paid 100pw less than before pandemic thing.

Sorry if that's already answered, but is she entitled to any compensation?

How is that working? Are they cutting her hours? Pretty sure any change to contract has to be agreed to by both parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Don't know how. Same hours as before covid and whole staff on verbal contracts. They're told to swallow it or leave, AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Don't know how. Same hours as before covid and whole staff on verbal contracts. They're told to swallow it or leave, AFAIK.

Well that's all sorts of illegal I would imagine.

As far as I remember (had a similar issue in a hotel yonks ago) if no written contract then one is assumed based on what you have been doing etc. I don't know your financial position but if I was in that position it would be hard not to tell them to pay me or sack me especially if full time and there over 6 months. Either way though she should be actively trying to get away from it. Hospitality has some real nasty pieces of s--- for employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I keep telling her to leave that place ASAP, especially she hates it from day one, and I know she'd have no problem at all to find herself something else. Her logic (or rather lack of) is just beyond me.

I keep telling her to leave that place ASAP, especially she hates it from day one, and I know she'd have no problem at all to find herself something else. Her logic (or rather lack of) is just beyond me.

Yeah no job pays well enough to put up with if you hate it, it'll kill you. And no hospitality job pays well in the first place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maj206

so my work place is getting pretty much back to normal albeit with a lot of new protocols in place etc .
    i have been getting the wage subsidy since march as i was a full time (5 days ) member of staff and i did work one day a week during lockdown when business was very quiet but never got paid anything only the 350 subsidy. i am now back 3 full days (not getting wage topped up) and 2 of my part time colleagues who were getting x and o's payment have been asked to switch to the wage subsidy 2 weeks ago are now getting more hours/days than me? i know this is because i am paid more than them daily and they are cutting my hours and giving them more! what are peoples opinions/advice

• Registered Users Posts: 35,890 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Asking for a relative. He's self employed, can he avail of Covid Payment if his business is impacted by 80% ? Or does his business need to be impacted fully, ie have zero income

Asking for a relative. He's self employed, can he avail of Covid Payment if his business is impacted by 80% ? Or does his business need to be impacted fully, ie have zero income

zero trading income to avail of PUP

zero trading income to avail of PUP

What was all this '' impacted by 25%'' nonsense ? Or is that for something else

So much misinformation, or info that changed from the start.

I was full sure at start it was self employed who's business has suffered to the extent it could not pay out goings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

What was all this '' impacted by 25%'' nonsense ? Or is that for something else

So much misinformation, or info that changed from the start.

I was full sure at start it was self employed who's business has suffered to the extent it could not pay out goings?

The PUP and the wage subsidy scheme are different. It's the wage subsidy scheme you're talking about in the above with the 25% reduction....

• Advertisement

NewRed2 wrote: »
    The PUP and the wage subsidy scheme are different. It's the wage subsidy scheme you're talking about in the above with the 25% reduction....

oh, so as a business he could apply for that to help him out and help pay an employee?

Advertisement