Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

oh, so as a business he could apply for that to help him out and help pay an employee?

yes if he has had the 25% drop in his turnover, he an then use it (subsidy scheme NOT PUP) for himself and staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

How long does it take for the Covid19 payment to come through?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How long does it take for the Covid19 payment to come through?

If you apply online it’s super quick, apply Thursday and it’ll be there Tuesday.

pc7 wrote: »
    If you apply online it’s super quick, apply Thursday and it’ll be there Tuesday.

Thanks

Another question, does anyone know anything about the unemployment payment and claiming income tax back. How does that work through revenue?

Does anyone know how long payments are kept for collection in the Post Office? Do I need to inform them if I am going away for a week?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Does anyone know how long payments are kept for collection in the Post Office? Do I need to inform them if I am going away for a week?

Thanks.

"All post office payments will be available for collection for 90 days after they are first due for collection."

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/66d22e-covid-19-deasp-information-for-employers-and-employees-pdf/#march

If your in receipt of a Jobseekers support and your going away for a week you are expected to inform them. In those cases you normally dont get paid in the week your away but receive back payment once your back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is tomorrow the last day of the full payment before it splits depending on your previous earnings?

Or will tomorrow be the first split payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

Kiith wrote: »
    Is tomorrow the last day of the full payment before it splits depending on your previous earnings?

Or will tomorrow be the first split payment?

Next week is the first week it reduces.

Does anyone have any idea what a reasonable amount would be to save each week from 350 to pay the tax that will eventually be paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,157 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Does anyone know what happens in regard Xs and Os when you come off the covid payment ?

I was on them before this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Does anyone have any idea what a reasonable amount would be to save each week from 350 to pay the tax that will eventually be paid?

Anyone who was on the 350 a week won't be paying much tax if any. You don't really need to save either, if there is a liability they will do a payment plan or just reduce your tax credits for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Which is the best way to stop the covid payment when you return to work?

jrosen wrote: »
    Which is the best way to stop the covid payment when you return to work?

Online, if you have a mywelfare account.

Alternatively you can contact your local Intreo / Social Welfare Office.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what happens in regard Xs and Os when you come off the covid payment ?

I was on them before this

If you were on casual jobseekers, your claim would have been suspended.

If you are returning to work you would need to contact your local Intreo Centre to close your PUP payment and resume your Casual JA/JB claim.

If you were on casual jobseekers, your claim would have been suspended.

If you are returning to work you would need to contact your local Intreo Centre to close your PUP payment and resume your Casual JA/JB claim.

Checked my account there and my jobseekers allowance is down as suspended

I'll be back in work in little under 3 weeks

I'm assuming there will be no backpay for weeks missed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I see this today: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/c77da-pandemic-unemployment-payment-confirmation/

Appears you have to confirm you've not returned to work by the 13th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,975 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

You have to confirm your eligibility before the 13th July. Your asked basic enough questions.

A. Are you currently employed (albeit temp lay off)

B. Your employer details (Name will suffice)

C. Have you been in contact with employer

D. Expected time of return, a number of time frames offered.

Failure to confirm eligibility before the 13th will lead to payment being stopped.

Quickest way to complete is mywelfre portal

One curious observation when I completed, there's one option re expected return to work of up to 6 months! Extraordinary

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭myate

Dempo1 wrote: »
    One curious observation when I completed, there's one option re expected return to work of up to 6 months! Extraordinary

I noticed that too! I'm self employed so basically all of 2020 is gone down the pan! But 2021 should be fine! But I chose the 3 month option as I should have a small bit of business come September.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

Dempo1 wrote: »

It sounds like they might be trying to gauge when people expect to return to work.

myate wrote: »
    I noticed that too! I'm self employed so basically all of 2020 is gone down the pan! But 2021 should be fine! But I chose the 3 month option as I should have a small bit of business come September.

I can imagine how tough it's been as self employed, I've many friends in the same boat, in fairness these payments are a god send to self employed, I recall last recession, not a penny of entitlement. I'm due back in a month so we'll see but despite some colleagues back (retail) it's a mess. Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

myate wrote: »

I was self-employed too and confirmed my eligibility today - I can't recall the 3 month option?

Im going on the wage sub this weekend and will be closing my covid payment then. Back in work on the 20th

Will i go straight back to Xs and Os which i was previously ??

Checked my account there and my jobseekers allowance is down as suspended

I'll be back in work in little under 3 weeks

I'm assuming there will be no backpay for weeks missed ?

I don't know if a back payment has been agreed yet, or if so, when it might be paid however closing your PUP claim won't change your entitlement.

If and when they do make adjustments for back payments, you should receive what was owed to you.

Im going on the wage sub this weekend and will be closing my covid payment then. Back in work on the 20th

Will i go straight back to Xs and Os which i was previously ??

You need to contact your local Intreo centre to request resumption of Xs and Os, You should ask them how will the Wage Subsidy scheme affect your claim.

If you would normally work 3 days per week, and the wage subsidy is say 85% of your normal pay - you would be earning less per day of work - you may need to have means re-assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

Can anyone confirm if they were paid for bank holidays after they returned to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Can anyone confirm if they were paid for bank holidays after they returned to work?

We are being paid for bank holidays over the next three weeks,we were on pup now on the wage subsidy scheme

You need to contact your local Intreo centre to request resumption of Xs and Os, You should ask them how will the Wage Subsidy scheme affect your claim.

If you would normally work 3 days per week, and the wage subsidy is say 85% of your normal pay - you would be earning less per day of work - you may need to have means re-assessment.

I'll contact them tomorrow

thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I'll contact them tomorrow

thanks for the advice

Would you mind letting us know what they say to you please?

I’ll be in a similar situation when I go back over the next t couple of weeks

For those on the PUP, do they give receipts for the payments you have received?

• Advertisement

For those on the PUP, do they give receipts for the payments you have received?

No receipts as such but you can request statement of payments, you howe need a full mygov account, the standard mywelfre account won't suffice.

On a sepe note re payments history, I've noticed mine is only showing up to May 28th, has anyone noticed this. I'm still on pup and being paid, back to work end of month

Advertisement