Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,159 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I was on Xs&Os before my workplace closed and getting the Emergency payment now

Sadly the workplace is in phase 5 so possibly back in August/September

What way will i be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I was on Xs&Os before my workplace closed and getting the Emergency payment now

Sadly the workplace is in phase 5 so possibly back in August/September

What way will i be fixed
    You be fixed fine they will continue payment then I would think, they have to if they want to keep them closed.

Does anyone know if the Covid payment will appear overnight tonight (as per normal) or will it be tomorrow night due to the Bank Holiday? Or is it just a guessing game at the moment?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll be tonight/tomorrow morning when it hits your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Payment in my BOI account now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Turbofocus

Same here with bank of Ireland payment was early last night around 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Did anyone in BOI not get this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

It was paid into my AIB account overnight.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Can I just check about when to notify SW about my husband going back to work. He finished work like most the 27th of March, applied 2nd April and received first payment 7th April. Is it like a back week? He is hoping to go back on the 18th, so does he sign off it the 25th? or is it just the 18th and he misses a weeks payment? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

When you applied you would have stated date of finishing work and when it all balances out, you will be paid from that date. You should be declaring correct return to work date. Anytging else would be claiming while working imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

pc7 wrote: »
    Can I just check about when to notify SW about my husband going back to work. He finished work like most the 27th of March, applied 2nd April and received first payment 7th April. Is it like a back week? He is hoping to go back on the 18th, so does he sign off it the 25th? or is it just the 18th and he misses a weeks payment? Thanks.

If he’s going back to work on the 18th then he can ring his local office on the 17th and that will be fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And do we know yet if you get 12 weeks of the benefits regardless of when you applied? Or is it only during the specific time period that you get it?

Kiith wrote: »
    And do we know yet if you get 12 weeks of the benefits regardless of when you applied? Or is it only during the specific time period that you get it?
    They can't suddenly just stop paying people if the government tell you that you cant go back to work in your industry well they are going to have to keep paying us .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

The govt will have to use the Covid payment as a subsidy otherwise it is a disincentive to actually returning to work particularly among lower paid employees.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sounds ominous;
    https://www.thejournal.ie/pandemic-unemployment-payment-wage-subsidy-scheme-5092303-May2020/

"Continue in some form" is vivid code for substantial changes and/or cuts coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

road_high wrote: »
    Sounds ominous;
    https://www.thejournal.ie/pandemic-unemployment-payment-wage-subsidy-scheme-5092303-May2020/

"Continue in some form" is vivid code for substantial changes and/or cuts coming.

Donoghue has been hinting at this for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Love we can't leave those high and dry point there, duck anyone on disability whose payments were changed to fourth nightly without as much as a text or email to notify that measure really was downright disrespectful but who cares about people unable to stand-up for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

kerryjack wrote: »
    They can't suddenly just stop paying people if the government tell you that you cant go back to work in your industry well they are going to have to keep paying us .

You’ll continue getting a payment but it won’t be €350.

splinter65 wrote: »
    You’ll continue getting a payment but it won’t be €350.

350 would keep a lad ticking over luckily enough I should be back the 18 of may , I think they will continue to pay the 350 until phase 5 like how could they discriminate against a worker that works in construction or a person that works in a hotel or Bar, I think not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I read here that applications were taking 3 weeks to even show up on welfare workers' computers before they could begin to process them, such was the backlog, this appears to be bad info though as I applied on the 29th and it was processed and in my account within the week. Fairly impressive turnaround tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

pm1977x wrote: »
    I read here that applications were taking 3 weeks to even show up on welfare workers' computers before they could begin to process them, such was the backlog, this appears to be bad info though as I applied on the 29th and it was processed and in my account within the week. Fairly impressive turnaround tbf.

It seems to be very different waiting times depending on your local offices or something. My partner is waiting since early April and only got word today his application is being processed now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

My husband did his online on a Thursday and it was in the account the Tuesday, really fast, couldn't knock it. I'd say the paper ones took longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

pc7 wrote: »
    My husband did his online on a Thursday and it was in the account the Tuesday, really fast, couldn't knock it. I'd say the paper ones took longer.

We did ours online aswell. I don't think it's a difference between paper and online. Some people submitted paper ones and had them processed in a couple of days too.

As I said, think it's to do with the different offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Back to work here today. What’s the method to finishing off this payment? Just log on to the welfare online and close it there? Won’t be paid by work until mid June but happy to be out and back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭monty_python

I'm equal parts happy and worried by that, people need it, but then the long term thing is how the hell is all this going to be paid for. Another days worry!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Galway20188

He didn’t confirm this. He said the payment will have to be extended but that he was unsure about the rate and for how long.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Clodz6

Has anyone heard anything about seasonal workers who can't find employment?
    College student so not entitled to jobseekers or the Covid payment, but going into a Summer where I can't return to my hospitality job leaves me in a precarious situation re returning for college in September.
    Have been applying to Supermarkets and online jobs but to no avail so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Can anyone confirm if you do any work at all does that mean you're gone from the Covid €350 payment? Or would it be just for that particular week?

I was called in to help out for 1 day work this week, which I did. I might not get any more hours for another month or possibly more. Now I'm thinking that maybe I shouldn't submit my hours for that days work as I'd be concerned that doing so would affect my Covid payment going forward and that 1 days work could actually end up costing me a lot of money if I lose my eligibility for the Covid €350 payment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

I'd say get them to pay you later.

Advertisement