Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭monty_python

When do we get next week's payment? Tomorrow is a European bank holiday so I presume we won't get it tomorrow and Monday is an Irish bank holiday so won't get it Tuesday either??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭hynesie08

When do we get next week's payment? Tomorrow is a European bank holiday so I presume we won't get it tomorrow and Monday is an Irish bank holiday so won't get it Tuesday either??

All irish to irish payments should be processed as normal, so you should see the payment tonight/tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Has anybody got next week's payment in their banks today?

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

No looks like a problem with ulster bank again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't go in for us (BOI) anyway. Got it on the Friday last Bank Holiday weekend, so i thought it would be there, but no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

No none here BOI

Nothing here, aib

With Ulster Bank too and it was in account on the previous Friday last bank holiday. Children's allowance not in either so it'll probably all be paid Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Nothing here either, AIB. Guessing it will be Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Welfare.ie have tweeted it will be in accounts on tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

corsav6 wrote: »
    Has anybody got next week's payment in their banks today?
    kerryjack wrote: »
    No looks like a problem with ulster bank again
    Kiith wrote: »
    Didn't go in for us (BOI) anyway. Got it on the Friday last Bank Holiday weekend, so i thought it would be there, but no sign of it.
    No none here BOI
    Nothing here, aib
    corsav6 wrote: »
    With Ulster Bank too and it was in account on the previous Friday last bank holiday. Children's allowance not in either so it'll probably all be paid Tuesday.
    Nothing here either, AIB. Guessing it will be Tuesday.
    Welfare.ie have tweeted it will be in accounts on tuesday

POST #1161
    Hi - Quick FYI for anyone receiving PUP, as a lot of posts regarding having received the payment already.

The payment will always be in your account a head of time if there is a bank holiday in-between, due to how the banking system works.

Therefore -

May Bank Holiday - PUP will go into your bank account on Friday night, time dependent on which bank you're with, i.e.: UB, BOI, AIB, etc.
    June Bank Holiday - PUP will go into your bank account on Friday night, time dependent on which bank you're with, i.e.: UB, BOI, AIB, etc.

As a side note (speaking from experience!) - If the DEASP decide to transfer it earlier as they often do, there is a possibility depending on when they run the payments it could hit your bank account on the Thursday night, but if they go ahead with a normal transaction date for the Tuesday following the bank holiday it will be in your account on the Friday night as stated above :)

Hope this is of help for everyone going forward so they will know for May and June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭snowgal

well according to AIB it'll be Tuesday for payments due to European Bank holiday today and then our own Bank holiday on Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

snowgal wrote: »
    well according to AIB it'll be Tuesday for payments due to European Bank holiday today and then our own Bank holiday on Monday...

Where are you getting this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Now that we know the idea is to not get things back to normal til the 10th of August, I hope they extend the covid payment.

Otherwise mine ends on the start of June. Leaves me a bit high and dry. Presumably many others in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Now that we know the idea is to not get things back to normal til the 10th of August, I hope they extend the covid payment.

Otherwise mine ends on the start of June. Leaves me a bit high and dry. Presumably many others in the same boat.

I would imagine it will not continue at the current rate though and we will see this "tapering" Paschal mentioned.

Has this payment not been changed to payable for the duration of the pandemic. I attached a screenshot from gov.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

I'm way behind wth my tax affairs but will use the current lack of work to bring things up to date.

Do I need a current tax clearance status to avail of the Covid-19 payment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Has this payment not been changed to payable for the duration of the pandemic. I attached a screenshot from gov.ie

The terms and conditions of this payment have been changing all the time. The Dept will reduce the payment to normal rates (€203 ) as soon as the 12 weeks are up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

splinter65 wrote: »
    The terms and conditions of this payment have been changing all the time. The Dept will reduce the payment to normal rates (€203 ) as soon as the 12 weeks are up.

Thanks Splinter. If you are on the 350 for the 12 weeks, do you think you will just roll straight onto the 203? Or will you have to apply via jobseekers for that.

splinter65 wrote: »

I don't see it happening that way. They won't just drop people from 350 to 203 overnight. Not if they're extending the restrictions til August.

I presume they'll reduce it a small bit but not to 203. Keep in mind that the closer we get to August 10th, the more places will be back opening and the more people back at work. Ultimately meaning less and less people claiming the payment.

If I can't go back to work til the 10th of August, but a builder can go back on may 18th, because the government have decided to do it that way, I don't see why I should be financially punished.

At this rate I can only get back to work when the government let me get back to work. I'm not deliberately opting for the payment.

I'd imagine many are in the same position as me so I reckon the government will have a bit of a fight on their hands if they try to pull the rug out from under people.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rajqo

the wording on gov.ie has been changed again...

The COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment will be in place until at least 8 June.

Varadkar left open the prospect of an extension on the LLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Everyone who is getting the Covid emergency payment from DEASP must complete the long jobseekers form at some stage, as back up for the Dept and also to continue receiving (reduced/normal)benefit after the 12 weeks are up. I read that in the revenue doc a few weeks ago.
    Could have changed though.......

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭d51984

Neighbours covid19 payment was in his bank today. Hes TSB. Anyone else get it?

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Is the pandemic payment paid in arrears or in advance?
    I know someone who had to wait over a week to 10 days for it to arrive. When she returns to work she won't be paid for 9 days. Does she cancel it or take it until she's paid ?

d51984 wrote: »

I didnt into BOI. My child benefit dodnt arrive into Aib either

I didn't get it, I'm aib

• Advertisement

Haven't received it yet, I'm with AIB. I assume I'll receive it on Tuesday as per the welfare.ie tweet posted above.

Advertisement