Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Benefits Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's just a guess but based on previous bank holidays , yes but with all the changes in rates, people moving to different payments (Jobseekers etc) I can't say for sure 100% 😏

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭TippCashel

Thanks guys - didn’t come in at all today so will probably be in tomorrow morning. Probably depends on bank

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

I filled in a paper JBSA form and handed it into my local Intreo last Tuesday so before the October 15 cut off date. I have not had any notification of application being received and am wondering if this is normal and if so how long does it take to be processed.

Hi, are you nearing an end to your PUP entitlement 🤔 just curious what the process is, I'd presumed Jobseekers benefit if enough stamps. Is there a face to face required or just fill in apication form with supporting documents? can application be done online ? Very little info about the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Can't link as on the phone. If u look up gov.ie it says any social welfare payments due on tues will be paid as normal. Only payments due on Mondays are paid today.

Wording for bank Holidays has always been confusing, it said the same thing last few bank Holidays , my guess is whilst PUP is paid into accounts Tuesday its processed for payment on Mondays, if that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

This weeks payment is now in the bank.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭GreenGrass2019

Hi Dempo - a letter is sent in the post to advise you of your options, you then go through to mywelfare.ie before a specific date and apply for JSA if you're not entitled to JSB - they advise then that PUP will continue until they have reviewed your application. Hope that helps :)

Hey there, hope your well 😏

I was just curious about the process as very little info online. So essentially it looks like face to face applications not being used ? Curious to know also if they'll still allow payment of JSB/JSA Be paid into bank, normally not and people had to collect in PO🤔, I believed MAY permit this on a case by case basis but must be requested ?

• Advertisement

Hey Dempo ... hanging in there ... hope you're well also ...

Yeah basically it is caveated that if they have questions when they're assessing the transition they'll be in touch ... I would think that will be over the phone rather than in person, especially with the way the Covid situation has really taken a turn in the past few weeks and todays news is that you're as likely to contract Covid in any situation today than ever before! ..

As you go through the application it asks do you want the payment to Post Office or Bank Account, and you can select bank account and if you have bank details already added they'll ask you to select which bank account depending on what they have saved for you. They do ask what your local post office is though and once you type in the name it shortlists the post offices in that location and you select the relevant PO.

Thanks so much, very helpful, ues I hear you re covid , I'd say it's going to be a while before face to returns re applications generally. In fairness, the Department seems to be making it seamless re the transition, I had visions of chaos.

Thanks again 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sienna5050

Anybodys covid payment late in .mine is usually in my bank account by now ,Ulster Bank ,,

No sign of it this morning - any luck for you today?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

If your on the 203 it ended last week, I was told would go until the 9th November but that isn't the case

I have put in a JBSA application which is still under review so I was under the impression that the PUP would still be paid until a decision was made?

Sorry to hear some people did not receive their PUP today, I was just looking at the most recent up date on gov.ie/pupchanges

I was under the impression those having to apply for JSB/A had to submit the application before a certain date but that PUP would continue until the 9th November with of course the caveat "if your still eligible " , so I'm not really sure what's happened or happening, seems a little odd people's PUP being stopped before JSB/A application processed 🤔

Hopefully someone can throw some light onto what is going on

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Should be stopped full stop . Plenty of work available if fellas got off their holes instead of depending on us workers to feed them. We have a great country with fellas waiting on their pup payments and loads of jobs out there .

🙄 words escape me which is perhaps a good thing, Clueless nonsense

• Advertisement

Hi i was on DA and worked part time before Covid so was on lower rate, and was told that people on other social lwelfare payments were to stay on till 9th ,,,i rang today and she confirmed this was the case ,i had recieved a letter saying i was entiitled to half rate jobseekers benifit but you cant be on both DA and jobseekers and had rang them at the time i got letter and was told it would be sorted out . ,,so it may be a clerical error ,waiting to hear back. ..

Glad you got some clarity and hopefully it will be sorted out for you quickly 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ifeelabreeze

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to ask so delete if it's not.

I tested positive last weekend, I applied for the enhanced illness benefit last Sunday and I've yet to hear anything back beyond an officer is reviewing your claim.

I'm due to go back to work next weekend but I'm still not over the fatigue.

Any idea how long it takes for the claim for the covid payment to be approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sportloto86

Mine took 3 days before money transfer. But now I'll have to call them to find out why my latest payment was weird €291.67.

Anyone else had this issue?

Has anyone tried to log in to mywelfare.ie?

Seems to have disappeared - getting a screen saying it no longer exists or has been moved!

Please ignore - it's back up and working again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sorry to bump this thread up.

My wife claimed 2 weeks pup during the summer, when she went back to work she then paid a very high rate of tax for the week she went back to work.

She has received a christmas bonus this morning and paid an extortionate amount of tax, people in work have convinced her it is due to the fact she claimed the PUP back during the summer. Is this possible? She would have paid back more than the €700 in tax when she returned to work during the summer.

That makes absolutely no sense particularly if your wife was only on PUP for 2 weeks. Those who were on PUP had their tax free allowance reduced and had the option of paying whatever was owed (miniscule for 2 weeks PUP) in one lump sum or have TFA reduced over a number of years, this was essentially aimed at those who were on pup for much longer periods.

At a minimum she need to contact revenue and query this. Even though she was only on pup for 2 weeks, when she returned to work, her employer put her on week one for tax purposes, this was Revenue's decision, I'm wondering is she actually paying emergency tax also 🤔 perhaps she also needs to query this with her employers payroll department, but certainly something seriously wrong.

I'm not a tax expert I might add and I base my answer on my own experience of PUP, obviously I'm not aware if you have seperate TFA or if TFA assigned to one of you as some married couples do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Pacman2D

Does anyone know if you are entitled to the Covid-19 enhanced illness benefit if you work part time and are in receipt of disability allowance?

Thanks

Advertisement