Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Government Benefits Megathread

19394959698

Comments

  • #2


    Cannot change hours and pay without consultation - this is a bare minimum, I'll say there will be plenty of WRC cases next year essentially having to pay statutory redundancy up to the max of 2 years salary as that is the max WRC can apply.

    Fully agree but what does a consultation actually entail, an sms thread, a phone call, email etc, I suppose my point being we can certainly expect the norms will potentially be thrown out the window, I for one won't be tolerating it


  • #2


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Fully agree but what does a consultation actually entail, an sms thread, a phone call, email etc, I suppose my point being we can certainly expect the norms will potentially be thrown out the window, I for one won't be tolerating it

    The norms will be as to the levels employees allow themselves to be pushed to. If there is pushback employers will find themselves without employees and a WRC case to handle regardless. The government has essentially put employers on the line for any issues as they have given the TWSS and PUP but made it so employers will be at fault if they do not keep to regulations. The only regulation changed was the forced redundancy legislation that an employee could push for if they were laid off for 4 wks and or not given 13wks of normal employment once requested. All other employee rights have not changed - even in the pandemic.

    EWSS is what it should of been from the start not the TWSS as this did not allow employers to pay full gross pay without losing their funds from revenue as TWSS was net based.


  • #2


    Anyone know what the qualifying criteria are for the EWSS after this month???


  • #2


    rahmalec wrote: »
    Anyone know what the qualifying criteria are for the EWSS after this month???

    You might get the answer quicker on this thread

    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058066571/148/#post117474825

    Or search taxation, some discussion there also


  • #2


    Is the PUP going to be ending on different dates according to which payment rate you are on?

    Just had a chat with a state agency official and they said for those currently on the €203 rate, the PUP will be ending in September, November for the €250 rate and February 2022 for the €350 and €300 rates.

    My understanding was that those on say the €250 rate will be reduced to €203 in September and will remain at that rate until the PUP ends for everyone in February 2022.

    Does anyone know which is correct?


  • #2


    Carnmore wrote: »
    Is the PUP going to be ending on different dates according to which payment rate you are on?

    Just had a chat with a state agency official and they said for those currently on the €203 rate, the PUP will be ending in September, November for the €250 rate and February 2022 for the €350 and €300 rates.

    My understanding was that those on say the €250 rate will be reduced to €203 in September and will remain at that rate until the PUP ends for everyone in February 2022.

    Does anyone know which is correct?

    This is the first I have heard of this, I have searched and cannot find anything to confirm that the above is the case, it only states the rates will be reduced and that the PUP will be ended in February on the basis the economy is fully reopened.

    It doesn't sound correct to me as they state in the conditions of PUP now you must be genuinely seeking employment the same as with JB / JSA unless you can say with certainty your work is in such as the entertainment or hospitality industry and that your job will be reinstated within 12 months.

    My understanding would be they are going to reduce the payment until who ever is left on PUP in early 2022 will be on the same rate as JB / JSA and then transition them across at that point.


  • #2


    Hi

    Has anyone else received the following message when trying to log into mywelfare.ie via mygov login

    'The phone number you provided is unreachable or you have hit the limit on the number of verification attempts.'

    My phone is not unreachable.

    Thanks.


  • #2


    Hi

    Has anyone else received the following message when trying to log into mywelfare.ie via mygov login

    'The phone number you provided is unreachable or you have hit the limit on the number of verification attempts.'

    My phone is not unreachable.

    Thanks.


    I just came here to post this,
    I wonder is it just a notification about the phone scams going on.


  • #2


    airmax87 wrote: »
    I just came here to post this,
    I wonder is it just a notification about the phone scams going on.

    It is a bit of a coincidence especially after the cyberattack on the HSE!

    I'm going to keep an eye to mywelfare until tomorrow and then call them if there has been no change.


  • #2


    Hi

    Has anyone else received the following message when trying to log into mywelfare.ie via mygov login

    'The phone number you provided is unreachable or you have hit the limit on the number of verification attempts.'

    My phone is not unreachable.

    Thanks.

    I got the expected notification re confirming eligibility, logged in with no problem, about an hour ago, just to check the message, Notifications, haven't completed form yet, will do later in the week


  • #2


    It is a bit of a coincidence especially after the cyberattack on the HSE!

    I'm going to keep an eye to mywelfare until tomorrow and then call them if there has been no change.

    Just responded, no issues for me logging in about an hour ago, I'm wondering was there a lot of traffic due to the email notifications being sent out and 1,000"s logging in at the same time?


  • #2


    This is the first I have heard of this, I have searched and cannot find anything to confirm that the above is the case, it only states the rates will be reduced and that the PUP will be ended in February on the basis the economy is fully reopened.

    It doesn't sound correct to me as they state in the conditions of PUP now you must be genuinely seeking employment the same as with JB / JSA unless you can say with certainty your work is in such as the entertainment or hospitality industry and that your job will be reinstated within 12 months.

    My understanding would be they are going to reduce the payment until who ever is left on PUP in early 2022 will be on the same rate as JB / JSA and then transition them across at that point.

    Apparently not unfortunately, there's apparently more clarity on the gov.ie website which says people will be contacted prior to their band (rate) reducing to €203 which means ending, in essence, my understanding is as your payment reduces to the €203 rate you'll have to apply for jobseekers before rate is reduced, it was actually mentioned in a heated Dail debate today and I'm not sure it was common knowledge, the only group that will stay on pup until Feb 2022 are those on the current highest rate of €350 that will not reduce down to €203 in feb 2022, I'm open to correction but that's my reading of the situation.


  • #2


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    I got the expected notification re confirming eligibility, logged in with no problem, about an hour ago, just to check the message, Notifications, haven't completed form yet, will do later in the week

    Thanks Dempo - I just got access and same as yourself eligibility request.
    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Just responded, no issues for me logging in about an hour ago, I'm wondering was there a lot of traffic due to the email notifications being sent out and 1,000"s logging in at the same time?

    I think you're right as I had no problem accessing mywelfare.ie now.
    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Apparently not unfortunately, there's apparently more clarity on the gov.ie website which says people will be contacted prior to their band (rate) reducing to €203 which means ending, in essence, my understanding is as your payment reduces to the €203 rate you'll have to apply for jobseekers before rate is reduced, it was actually mentioned in a heated Dail debate today and I'm not sure it was common knowledge, the only group that will stay on pup until Feb 2022 are those on the current highest rate of €350 that will not reduce down to €203 in feb 2022, I'm open to correction but that's my reading of the situation.

    Okay, this is interesting, first I'm hearing about it, I'm surprised it hasn't been flagged on the news or maybe I just haven't seen it, I'll take a look at Gov.ie again as I couldn't find anything the other day. :)


  • #2


    Thanks Dempo - I just got access and same as yourself eligibility request.



    I think you're right as I had no problem accessing mywelfare.ie now.



    Okay, this is interesting, first I'm hearing about it, I'm surprised it hasn't been flagged on the news or maybe I just haven't seen it, I'll take a look at Gov.ie again as I couldn't find anything the other day. :)

    Would be interested in your understanding of it and yes, I'm sure many people don't realise what's going to be required, in reality if anyone applying for Jobseekers it can take weeks, also wondering how for those entitled to JSB based on contributions will be impacted being on PUP for extended periods. First I became aware was an argument in the Dail earluer, apparently self employed people, taxi drivers already getting calls from SW re upskilling (can you imagine what the response from taxi driver was, colorful I'd imagine,) :)


  • #2


    Has anyone else here been receiving a call from a Welfare officer in the last fortnight from a mobile? I've been plagued a bit by 085/087 scam calls and it turns out one of the 087 numbers that called me last week was actually a Welfare case officer. I've tried calling back, leaving voicemails but haven't received a call back and now I've had a message on My Welfare notifying me that I need to confirm eligibility. I'm assuming the two aren't linked but it's a bit of an irritant that DEASP have decide to cold call using a number with a prefix that is currently plaguing the nation with scams instead of using an official number or a landline that begins with 01 or any other county code.


  • #2


    Lyle wrote: »
    Has anyone else here been receiving a call from a Welfare officer in the last fortnight from a mobile? I've been plagued a bit by 085/087 scam calls and it turns out one of the 087 numbers that called me last week was actually a Welfare case officer. I've tried calling back, leaving voicemails but haven't received a call back and now I've had a message on My Welfare notifying me that I need to confirm eligibility. I'm assuming the two aren't linked but it's a bit of an irritant that DEASP have decide to cold call using a number with a prefix that is currently plaguing the nation with scams instead of using an official number or a landline that begins with 01 or any other county code.

    Just be clear, whilst a case officer dealing with a specific issue, enquiry etc might call from a mobile number, the person receiving that call would normally be aware of this. DEASP do not as a rule call people randomly from Mobile numbers, indeed I got a call about 2 months ago from a Dublin number but I was pre notified I would be getting a call as part of process notified to me re PUP, and supports available, many others would have got a call or at the time confirm eligibility through mywelfare. Given spate of spam calls it would be almost negligent of DEASP to be calling people randomly from mobile numbers, I'm not doubting your experience just surprised.

    There are many scam calls doing the rounds, the funniest from an 087 number, robotic voice talking nonsense about Garda, PPS Number. I got 4 in a row with a different final digit.


  • #2


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Would be interested in your understanding of it and yes, I'm sure many people don't realise what's going to be required, in reality if anyone applying for Jobseekers it can take weeks, also wondering how for those entitled to JSB based on contributions will be impacted being on PUP for extended periods. First I became aware was an argument in the Dail earluer, apparently self employed people, taxi drivers already getting calls from SW re upskilling (can you imagine what the response from taxi driver was, colorful I'd imagine,) :)

    I'll have to take a look and see what I can find - but it is news to me, I was definitely working on the assumption because they now have the caveat of genuinely seeking employment under PUP that they would be waiting until next February when everyone who is left claiming it is on the flat rate of €203 and then begin the process of transitioning them to Jobseekers or alternatively back into training / education / reskiling.

    But maybe they're taking the approach of moving people in tranches?! ... is there anywhere to watch back the Dail debate you mention you saw earlier today?


  • #2


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Just be clear, whilst a case officer dealing with a specific issue, enquiry etc might call from a mobile number, the person receiving that call would normally be aware of this. DEASP do not as a rule call people randomly from Mobile numbers, indeed I got a call about 2 months ago from a Dublin number but I was pre notified I would be getting a call as part of process notified to me re PUP, and supports available, many others would have got a call or at the time confirm eligibility through mywelfare. Given spate of spam calls it would be almost negligent of DEASP to be calling people randomly from mobile numbers, I'm not doubting your experience just surprised.

    There are many scam calls doing the rounds, the funniest from an 087 number, robotic voice talking nonsense about Garda, PPS Number. I got 4 in a row with a different final digit.

    I made a note of all the calls I got that week, and one number called twice, so I called that number back because usually its all different numbers and I got the voicemail "This is *insert name*, Welfare Case Officer, please leave your name" etc etc so it was legitimate alright. Surprised me. I've left a voicemail and called the number back daily but no response or call back yet.


  • #2


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Would be interested in your understanding of it and yes, I'm sure many people don't realise what's going to be required, in reality if anyone applying for Jobseekers it can take weeks, also wondering how for those entitled to JSB based on contributions will be impacted being on PUP for extended periods. First I became aware was an argument in the Dail earluer, apparently self employed people, taxi drivers already getting calls from SW re upskilling (can you imagine what the response from taxi driver was, colorful I'd imagine,) :)
    I'll have to take a look and see what I can find - but it is news to me, I was definitely working on the assumption because they now have the caveat of genuinely seeking employment under PUP that they would be waiting until next February when everyone who is left claiming it is on the flat rate of €203 and then begin the process of transitioning them to Jobseekers or alternatively back into training / education / reskiling.

    But maybe they're taking the approach of moving people in tranches?! ... is there anywhere to watch back the Dail debate you mention you saw earlier today?

    Okay so I've done a fair bit of Google searching and finally came across this that if you can believe the Irish Mirror - you're right ... dependent on your PUP rate you will be moved across (automatically from what I can see) to Jobseekers once you reach the standard rate of €203 - I cannot find anything on Gov.ie or another government site detailing the following.

    "Here are the details of all PUP end dates:

    If you are getting the COVID-19 PUP at a rate of €203 per week, you will be kept on this rate of payment until September 7 - then you will transfer to the standard jobseekers’ terms.

    If you are on a rate of €250 per week, you will stay on the same rate of payment until September 7 - when your rate of payment will change to €203 on September 14.

    Then, you will transfer to the standard jobseekers’ terms from mid-November.

    If you are getting €300 per week, you will stay on the same rate of payment until September 7, and will then change to €250 on September 14 and €203 in mid-November.

    Once you reach the €203 rate in November, you will transfer to the standard jobseekers’ terms.

    If you are at a rate of €350 per week, You will stay on the same rate of payment until September 7, but then your rate of payment will change to €300 on 14 September and €250 in mid-November.

    In early February 2022, your rate of payment will then change to €203, when you will transfer to the standard jobseekers’ terms."


    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/social-welfare-update-pup-end-24347489


  • #2


    That is correct; it’s on the gov.ie site under COVID 19



  • #2



    Has anyone confirmed their PUP claim more than once before 20th July deadline?

    I've confirmed this three times now - the first time proactively when I heard the government public service ad, then from a MyWelfare emailed request (received the same day as the first confirmation) and another yesterday stating I have yet to confirm my claim.

    Each time I received a notification of receipt of my confirmation.

    Has anyone else been asked to confirm their claim more than once, without any reference to their previous confirmations?

    I have also yet to receive confirmation that my claim has been allowed. Is this normal?

    I've tried to call the helpline but can’t get through.



  • #2


    Ya, I got two notifications and of course filled it up the second time also, just in case.



  • #2


    Same here - I've emailed and sent a chaser today as no reply, to confirm all in order now. Very disconcerting to receive a second request stating you have not confirmed when in fact you have and the evidence of the prior confirmation is there in notifications on mywelare.ie!

    I also tried calling two SW offices today to discover they close at 1pm now! So I'll put a call in Monday morning.



  • #2


    It is extraordinary how some people have had this issue and unable to rectify it. I take a screen shot of every step I take when completing these requests, especially the final notification thanking me for confirming etc. I'm sure if you've at least one confirmation all will be fine but take a screen shot just in case



  • #2


    Which email address did you use? I’ve confirmed three times now and haven’t had confirmation my claim is valid, just notification of receipt



  • #2


    Same here - I have a screenshot of every screen for all my forms, I have sent them on a few screenshots to exemplify the case.



  • #2


    this week I heard of a pub in Dublin who have a number of staff returned to full time work but they are still receiving PUP and getting €50 cash in hand.

    is there a way of reporting this?



  • #2


    I reckon the Revenue would be the place to start. If anything they’ll point you in the right direction.



Sign In or Register to comment.