Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Anyone complaining about people who don’t want to date them or what other people do or don’t find attractive, always remind me of this clown complaining about “discrimination” :rolleyes:

Lot of short guys on here are complaining about people who don't want to date them alright.

I'm 5'2", I like tall guys, I like short guys but I'm more attracted to tall guys.

Speaking of which, where are the tall guys?

Kilkenny is still the leading County.

C'mon Cork guys, join the thread, I live there so I'm bias but definitely plenty of tall guys in County Cork.

Okay, ended up watching 1.17 of the clip. WTF? That's not even logical argument :rolleyes:

Thank you for that One Eyed Jack

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I’m 6’1” in height OP and....erm...rather well endowed. ;)

I’m also gay. :D

My sister is 5’10” and went out with shorter guys for years. Her current partner (a Dutchman) is 6’2”

So where are you from? What County? Just for statistical purposes, of course.

I'm 5'2" with great melons, I guess I 'should' be more modest but I do love them and they're natural. My last long term relationship was with a guy who's just over 6'1". County Cork, same as myself.

Hiding

I think I honestly need to move to the Netherlands at this stage lol. I'm 5'10 and 27 and I've never dated anyone over 6 foot. *Cries in Spanish*

Any girls know any tall lads who are into rock music and you know are nice lol

A Spanish woman still using the imperial system, ie feet and inches? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
    Nevermind, I'll take the bait. I'm a strapping 188 cm tall, built like a garden shed, 90% of my record collection is made up of bands with four angry men dressed in black clothes, unfortunately (for you OP) I'm a bit gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

A Spanish woman still using the imperial system, ie feet and inches? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
    Nevermind, I'll take the bait. I'm a strapping 188 cm tall, built like a garden shed, 90% of my record collection is made up of bands with four angry men dressed in black clothes, unfortunately (for you OP) I'm a bit gay.

Cries in Spanish is a meme and money heist joke online. I'm from Dublin!

Cries in Spanish is a meme and money heist joke online. I'm from Dublin!

Fair enough, apart from being gay not knowing that probably means I'm way too old for you anyway :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Maybe you need a toyboy Disneylover. Wiki has Irish men average of 5' 9 1/2" between 20 and 49 but another survey of 18 year olds is 5' 10 1/2"

Definitely notice the younger generation are getting taller. I'm 5'11" and my son is getting close to me and he is 11 (missus is 5'11" also)

The younger generation definitely are a lot taller. That comes with better and/or more plentiful diet. I'm 6'5" and 47, and when I was growing up, I was almost always the tallest person around. At the first proper gig I went to in Dublin, I was the meeting point for my friends, a mobile landmark. :D

Nowadays, there seem to be loads of young lads who are a similar (and presumably taller) height. I don't know why the OP is having problems seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Totally different, for instance, some girls get boob jobs. Guys can't really change their height, well except for the guys wearing 6 inch heels of course.

Thats not true.
    Can you have an operation to increase (or decrease ) your height.
    Google Limb Lengthening Surgery.

So, again, how are these physical traits "different"?
    Or, in fact, is it just that you have decided having a preference for big boobs is bad, but wanting tall guys is grand?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

T I don't know why the OP is having problems seeing that.
    3tyk2j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Hiding

I think I honestly need to move to the Netherlands at this stage lol. I'm 5'10 and 27 and I've never dated anyone over 6 foot. *Cries in Spanish*

Just take off the heels.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Thats not true.
    Can you have an operation to increase (or decrease ) your height.
    Google Limb Lengthening Surgery.

So, again, how are these physical traits "different"?
    Or, in fact, is it just that you have decided having a preference for big boobs is bad, but wanting tall guys is grand?:rolleyes:

When did I ever mention anything about boob appreciation being 'bad'???????Hmm. I never did say that, not once :rolleyes:

If you bothered to read my posts I'm 5'2" with a fine pair of melons (natural). I love them. And I love that they are appreciated.

As for limb lengthening surgery, (t's extremely rare) and if you're only 5'4" man for instance, good luck with the limb surgery to achieve 'tall' results. Taller, yeah, but how much surgery would you have to undertake to reach say 6ft? ... I'm going to pass watching any YouTube clip on that.

I like that I'm a 5'2" woman, I'm comfortable with being a Smurfette and I won't be getting any limb surgery.

Anyway, a shout out again to the tall guys that did contribute here.

And the search will continue....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

The fact that you're constantly referencing your melons makes me just assume you're a fat neckbeard who gets his kicks by masquerading as a woman online...

Now, if I were a hot woman, what would I say....."Hello I am a hot woman with big melons"

Yes, that'll draw them in.

GreeBo wrote: »
    3tyk2j.jpg

Ah, I think I got there first with the 'short' sightedness reference :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Hiding

Hay muchos hombres altos y rockeros pero en el campo y en el sur :P Tambien hay muchos en Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'm 6'3" and from Cork, I used not feel particularly tall but in the last few years I've begun to notice that a lot of guys a generation younger than me (I'm 55) seem quite short.

BTW, Also gay and happily partnered

Homelander wrote: »
    The fact that you're constantly referencing your melons makes me just assume you're a fat neckbeard who gets his kicks by masquerading as a woman online...

Now, if I were a hot woman, what would I say....."Hello I am a hot woman with big melons"

Crikey, here we go again... So what if I mention my boobs, why not. And yes I do say 'melons' a lot. I'm proud of my ample assets. Try not to make assumptions. I am not fat.

Are you a woman hating on another woman? We've had all sorts of that going on here and personal attacks and so forth.

Posters being banned for saying the most awful things and threatening others.

Anyway, this thread isn't about my melons or about short men or about limb surgery.

This thread is simply asking, where are the tall guys as per the OP

Go to a different thread if you're not going to make a valuable contribution relating to the location of tall guys in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Homelander wrote: »

Nothing wrong with talking about an epic pair of ‘norks’.

Nothing at all.

Seamai wrote: »
    I'm 6'3" and from Cork, I used not feel particularly tall but in the last few years I've begun to notice that a lot of guys a generation younger than me (I'm 55) seem quite short.

Thank you. I'm County Cork and I see an abundance of tall men. Much kudos for you for adding to number of tall guys in Cork.

However, where I live the younger ones seem to be very tall. Although, in saying that, among the tall guys I've dated they have been older. Not guys in their twenties or thirties, for instance.

I'm very attracted to tall guys but that doesn't mean I haven't dated shorter guys also.

Glad to hear you're happily partnered.

Your post is very much appreciated among the posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the Thread Title

Seamai wrote: »

Thank you. I'm County Cork and I see an abundance of tall men. Much kudos for you for adding to number of tall guys in Cork.

However, where I live the younger ones seem to be very tall. Although, in saying that, among the tall guys I've dated they have been older. Not guys in their twenties or thirties, for instance.

I'm very attracted to tall guys but that doesn't mean I haven't dated shorter guys also.

Glad to hear you're happily partnered.

Your post is very much appreciated among the posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the Thread Title

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Crikey, here we go again... So what if I mention my boobs, why not. And yes I do say 'melons' a lot. I'm proud of my ample assets.

Pics or it never happened, as they used to say.

stoneill wrote: »
    Pics or it never happened, as they used to say.

WTF? Why would you want a picture of my boobs?

I'd suggest going to 'the most beautiful women in the world thread' if you're looking for t ****e pics :rolleyes:

Are you tall? And if so, may I kindly ask what County?

Thus far:

Kilkenny
    Cork
    Kerry
    Limerick
    Dublin

Any other tall guys?

• Advertisement

Granadino wrote: »
    Hay muchos hombres altos y rockeros pero en el campo y en el sur :P Tambien hay muchos en Dublin!

Ah, I think you missed the bus there :rolleyes:

The OP is not Spanish, so not sure why you're addressing her in Spanish?

Strange thread. All my relationships have been with men who are 6ft or taller. My close friends who are men are 6ft and taller.
    They are everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Yes, absolutely hilarious indeed.

What height are you Leg End?

After all, the whole point of the OP thread is to find out where the tall guys are.

Leg End is 6'4'' and a gorgeous looking man. I know him personally. He gets a bit cranky at times but don't mind him.

Anyone complaining about people who don’t want to date them or what other people do or don’t find attractive, always remind me of this clown complaining about “discrimination” :rolleyes:

Still people on here that need to watch this.

Thanks again One Eyed Jack

Any other tall guys?
    I didn't mention that I'm from Kildare but that's not important. As was pointed out earlier, your survey is a bit flawed. For example, Kilkenny is 'winning' because a tall person saw 20 lads taller than him, but there's a good chance that the 20 lads were from somewhere else, on a stag.

Ah, I know it's only a bit of fun, but I like to put an end to that sort of thing. :pac:

Nothing wrong with talking about an epic pair of ‘norks’.

Nothing at all.

Thank you Johnny Flash.

If you've got it flaunt it. However, the poster here seems to think I'm a short, fat man.

No, I'm a short girl, I'm not fat, great boobs and I'm attracted to taller guys.

Don't know why I'm being attacked on a personal level.

This is a lighthearted post about tall guys.

So, everyone, please just cop on and show some respect.

Thanks again Johnny Flash. Appreciated

I didn't mention that I'm from Kildare but that's not important. As was pointed out earlier, your survey is a bit flawed. For example, Kilkenny is 'winning' because a tall person saw 20 lads taller than him, but there's a good chance that the 20 lads were from somewhere else, on a stag.

Ah, I know it's only a bit of fun, but I like to put an end to that sort of thing. :pac:

Ah FFS. I already spoke about stats analysis and that this is just anecdotal... OBVIOUSLY.

And yes, this thread was fun until it was sabotaged by short men with abusive and threatening posts and messages.

Why can't people just accept it for what it is:

Just looking for TALL GUYS, in what the OP hoped would be a lighthearted thread.

Ah FFS. I already spoke about stats analysis and that this is just anecdotal... OBVIOUSLY.

And yes, this thread was fun until it was sabotaged by short men with abusive and threatening posts and messages.

Why can't people just accept it for what it is:

Just looking for TALL GUYS, in what the OP hoped would be a lighthearted thread.
    Ah, I just wondered whether I should mention the lads I met at a basketball tournament in Carrick-on-Shannon a few years ago. That would have put Leitrim as the 'tall guy hot-spot'.

Strange thread. All my relationships have been with men who are 6ft or taller. My close friends who are men are 6ft and taller.
    They are everywhere.

Likewise, as I said already my previous partner is just over 6'1" and I also have tall friends.

However, this is not a 'strange' thread. Where the OP is located, she doesn't see many tall men at all. All she wants, is to find herself a tall partner. That's all.

It's just a lighthearted thread. Well she meant it to be but it got hijacked and then posters had to be banned.

The vitriol was just unbelievable, intolerable and downright bullying and threatening towards both the OP and I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

The vitriol was just unbelievable, intolerable and downright bullying and threatening towards both the OP and I.

Ah come on, at least try and make it believable.

Advertisement