Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

No one uses inches or cm in Ireland lads just use feet

So when people say 5 ft 10... what’s the measurement used for the 10? Based on your above statement... just wondering :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ladybird18

Normal? Ewwwwwww!

So is your face.

Expectation? If I ever get a boob job its for me not for some guys expectation lol.

And about heels I wear heels all the time never go above a 4 inch though.

I just never want them. 34 D and still defying gravity is fine for me.

With regard to heels normally 5'5" so works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Im starting to feel sorry for disneylover, at the rate its going the tide won't take her out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Expectation? If I ever get a boob job its for me not for some guys expectation lol.

And about heels I wear heels all the time never go above a 4 inch though.

But riddle me this, why would a woman not consider having a toe-enlargening operation?

All else being normal or average, why do the most popular cosmetic surgeries focus on outward appearance, that which is visible to others?

If it is about visibility to others, then isn't it for the sake of other people and not yourself?

Of course it may make a person feel better about themselves, but isn't it primarily derived from the comfort of what other people think?

Is cosmetic surgery ever really about "yourself"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

So when people say 5 ft 10... what’s the measurement used for the 10? Based on your above statement... just wondering :)

haha jaysus i meant in using feet dont mind me officially 14 days self isolation in my feicin bedroom going mad

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭moonage

haha jaysus i meant in using feet dont mind me officially 14 days self isolation in my feicin bedroom going mad

How tall are you in metres?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Homelander wrote: »

Ah, don't think you've ever heard me speak, so how do you know what I sound like?

And as for Friends... Your taste in 'comedy' is well.. tasteless to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

beejee wrote: »
    But riddle me this, why would a woman not consider having a toe-enlargening operation?

All else being normal or average, why do the most popular cosmetic surgeries focus on outward appearance, that which is visible to others?

If it is about visibility to others, then isn't it for the sake of other people and not yourself?

Of course it may make a person feel better about themselves, but isn't it primarily derived from the comfort of what other people think?

Is cosmetic surgery ever really about "yourself"?

Nail on the head.

People dress up and get plastic surgery so that they feel better about themselves. But that validation is based on how OTHER people see them. "I feel great right now because I look amazing!"

These people aren't putting on makeup and heels when sitting at home alone watching netflix. They are doing it in public. They know that other people will see them looking good and its a confidence boost....and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a natural response.

But the denial and mental gymnastics that some people go through so as not to appear vain is ridiculous. Call a spade a spade.

"I don't dress up for anyone else. It's about confidence! I do it for myself". Well of course you do it for yourself. Who else would you be doing it for? You are the one beneffiting from it. But the benefit comes from knowing how good you look to the world. How they see you.

Ladybird18 wrote: »
    I just never want them. 34 D and still defying gravity is fine for me.

With regard to heels normally 5'5" so works for me.

I'm 5 foot 10 and can wear any heels love lol

• Advertisement

Kylta wrote: »
    Im starting to feel sorry for disneylover, at the rate its going the tide won't take her out

short insecure men dont scare me love

I'm 5 foot 10 and can wear any heels love lol

More power to you x

Ladybird18 wrote: »
    More power to you x

girls against girls is never a good thing I wouldnt talk like that to another girl like that on here again!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

girls against girls is never a good thing I wouldnt talk like that to another girl like that on here again!

Girl power lol love.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

short insecure men dont scare me love
    Love at the end of a sentence you getting touchy, Id imagine all men scare you. But be brave hopefully when you get out of isolation their might be a big tall man waiting for you. Hopefully he has a good sense of humour too. I think he'll probably need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I think you may have started it with the sarcastic "love" remark.
    Unless you actually do love her.....

tuxy wrote: »

Nah she thought I had fake boobs and tried to make out that made her better than me cause she doesnt have fake ones and implied that I cant wear heels lol

Nah she thought I had fake boobs and tried to make out that made her better than me cause she doesnt have fake ones and implied that I cant wear heels lol

Did she?
    I see the constant LOL but I'm not getting the joke.
    I'm lost....

Did she?
    I see the constant LOL but I'm not getting the joke.
    I'm lost....

Girls trying to look 'better' than other girls to put them down is a joke.

I don't find that kind of thing funny.

• Advertisement

Let's hope these tall men appreciate a low IQ.

Are you a teenager? If not, you're past the girl stage.

I don't find that kind of thing funny.

Yeah well complain to her about trying to put me down then?

Let's hope these tall men appreciate a low IQ.

Are you a teenager? If not, you're past the girl stage.

Girls supporting girls, girls tearing girls down is what women say online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm 6'2, 30 years old with a good job. Based in Dublin. Fairly good looking, half Irish, half Dutch. 5'10 would be my ideal height for a woman. I also love rock and have a massive........

Hatred of anyone over using "lol".

(Only the last part of that is true)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

C'mon everyone, stop the hate and the bullying FFS.

The thread is fun and we are just wondering where all the tall guys are.

Do you think it's nice for someone to post personal attacks on Disney and I on this thread? Do people actually get their kicks out of that? Posters had to be banned because of their own selfishness and ignorance.

Fair play Disney, you started a thread and out of nowhere sprung all the short men, seeming to be somehow offended or whatever their beef is? I don't know, I'm short myself FFS.

The irony of all this Disney is that we looked for the tall guys and ended up finding where all the short guys are!!!!

GROW UP.... No pun intended

Does anyone else getting the feeling that one person is behind 2 accounts on this thread?

C'mon everyone, stop the hate and the bullying FFS.

The thread is fun and we are just wondering where all the tall guys are.

Do you think it's nice for someone to post personal attacks on Disney and I on this thread? Do people actually get their kicks out of that? Posters had to be banned because of their own selfishness and ignorance.

Fair play Disney, you started a thread and out of nowhere sprung all the short men, seeming to be somehow offended or whatever their beef is? I don't know, I'm short myself FFS.

The irony of all this Disney is that we looked for the tall guys and ended up finding where all the short guys are!!!!

GROW UP.... No pun intended

Yeah I know we found the insecure Irish men if only we know their real life names to warn people.

I know Im officially 14 days in self isolation and made this for the laugh and the **** Ive gotten for not liking 5 foot 7 men.. well ! :pac:

Does anyone else getting the feeling that one person is behind 2 accounts on this thread?

lol well someone messaged me saying they know my IP address so ya'll can check if ya want. I'm Dublin and denial is Cork if you know ya want a mod to check :rolleyes:

lol well someone messaged me saying they know my IP address so ya'll can check if ya want. I'm Dublin and denial is Cork if you know ya want a mod to check :rolleyes:

Why do think I meant the 2 of you?

• Advertisement

Why do think I meant the 2 of you?

Cause she's only one sticking up for obviously?????????

Advertisement