Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know plenty of tall guys in Ireland. I have a good few friends ranging from 6'0 to 6'4 so no idea where you've been looking OP?

But yes I do agree that it can be difficult for tall girls to find taller guys, well guys who are tall enough to the tall girls to wear high heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Cause she's only one sticking up for obviously?????????

And what makes you think I meant you were one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Does anyone else getting the feeling that one person is behind 2 accounts on this thread?

Oh here we go, a conspiracy theorist. Yawn.

FFS this is ridiculous.

Some posters here obviously did not see the vile posts up here earlier.

Guy thinks putting up a video of a small woman is going to offend me? No, I was more offended that you put up a video of 'Friends'...a lame excuse for a sitcom

And no that's not vile, that's just petty.

Earlier posts were absolutely full of hate and vitriol.

Anyway, we shall continue our search for the tall guys.

Kilkenny still on top, thus far.

Does anyone else getting the feeling that one person is behind 2 accounts on this thread?

The tickets to the sock puppet show were gratis.

Well, you'd struggle to sell them in fairness.

Lol

• Advertisement

Keep your free socks to yourself and stop hating on the OP

It's just exhausting at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ToxicPaddy wrote: »

But yes I do agree that it can be difficult for tall girls to find taller guys, well guys who are tall enough to the tall girls to wear high heels.

I don't think there is anyone on this thread that has a problem wearing heals. So it's not that.

What about transsexual guys though, it must be a nightmare for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Keep your free socks to yourself and stop hating on the OP

It's just exhausting at this stage.

Thanks denial I just think theyre sad lol

Nothing quite like short insecure men is there

This thread has essentially been hijacked by short men, ignorant people, bullies and tyrants. So, could you all move onto another thread please, unless you have anything valid or pertinent to say in relation to this small but interesting survey regarding TALL GUYS IN IRELAND.

So, for the sake of the OP and her thread and my quest to assist her, the following are the top Counties in Ireland with tall men that we compiled from our very limited study. In addition, the study itself was contaminated with some useless input from guys not even in the 'Tall Category'

KILKENNY
    CORK
    KERRY
    LIMERICK
    DUBLIN

Although, I don't know how statically valid DUBLIN is as we had only one tall guy there.

Lol

• Advertisement

Although, I don't know how statically valid DUBLIN is as we had only one tall guy there.

One shortcoming among many.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Randle P. McMurphy

This thread has essentially been hijacked by short men, ignorant people, bullies and tyrants. So, could you all move onto another thread please, unless you have anything valid or pertinent to say in relation to this small but interesting survey regarding TALL GUYS IN IRELAND.

So, for the sake of the OP and her thread and my quest to assist her, the following are the top Counties in Ireland with tall men that we compiled from our very limited study. In addition, the study itself was contaminated with some useless input from guys not even in the 'Tall Category'

KILKENNY
    CORK
    KERRY
    LIMERICK
    DUBLIN

You reap what you sow.

Well, the most infuriating thing for me right now is they have hijacked the thread and tried to sabotage our quest to find the tall guys of Ireland.

Thanks to the tall guys who actually did contribute. Much kudos to you.

Let the search continue. Kilkenny still on top, but I'm sure we'll here from plenty of other tall guys going forward.

Well, the most infuriating thing for me right now is they have hijacked the thread and tried to sabotage our quest to find the tall guys of Ireland.

Thanks to the tall guys who actually did contribute. Much kudos to you.

Let the search continue. Kilkenny still on top, but I'm sure we'll hear from plenty of other tall guys going forward.

You reap what you sow.

Wow, what a profound retort and totally unrelated.

One shortcoming among many.

Yes, a SHORTcoming indeed and I'm surprised you didn't add in a 'lol' for extra comedic effect.

If you're not going to contribute why are you on here?

The "statistics" reported here are self proclaimed heights and anecdotal accounts. I think we need to apply a margin of error here of +/- 20%.

I once saw a tall man shopping in B&Q. That suggests that tall men shop there, maybe start there? The lamps and the MDF displays really seemed to pique his interest.

Yes, a SHORTcoming indeed and I'm surprised you didn't add in a 'lol' for extra comedic effect.

If you're not going to contribute why are you on here?

I'm 7'9 and reared up outside a barn in Roosky. It didn't buckle, but the Azerbaijan basketball team saw the audition tape and sent a telegram of congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HamSarris

Of tall guys, a third might be unemployed (80% now), a third might be lanky, a third might be facially unattractive, a third might be overweight etc. When these are excluded there might be only 5% or so of actual tall, attractive guys in the population. This is why there is a perceived scarcity, there’s plenty of average tall guys around.

When girls see 6’ 2” on paper, they instantly picture an athletic, confident business manager. They don’t picture a lanky, nerdy, socially awkward guy of which will be far more common.

Another reason you might struggle to get a tall guy is because these guys have a preference for smaller women to make them feel more masculine and dominant. It’s quite superficial and illogical but no more so than “He has to be bigger than me in heels for pictures”. If you judge guys superficially expect the same in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

HamSarris wrote: »
    Of tall guys, a third might be unemployed (80% now), a third might be lanky, a third might be facially unattractive, a third might be overweight etc. When these are excluded there might be only 5% or so of actual tall, attractive guys in the population. This is why there is a perceived scarcity, there’s plenty of average tall guys around.

When girls see 6’ 2” on paper, they instantly picture an athletic, confident business manager. They don’t picture a lanky, nerdy, socially awkward guy of which will be far more common.

Another reason you might struggle to get a tall guy is because these guys have a preference for smaller women to make them feel more masculine and dominant. It’s quite superficial and illogical but no more so than “He has to be bigger than me in heels for pictures”. If you judge guys superficially expect the same in return.

jaysus, i wrote the thread for a laugh cause I like tall men. I dont care about his job or anything else blood hell lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭kyote00

Was he tall or just far away ?
    The "statistics" reported here are self proclaimed heights and anecdotal accounts. I think we need to apply a margin of error here of +/- 20%.

I once saw a tall man shopping in B&Q. That suggests that tall men shop there, maybe start there? The lamps and the MDF displays really seemed to pique his interest.

I'm well versed in statistical analysis and obviously this is anecdotal FFS. We're on Boards!!!

The OP started her own thread, which she is fully entitled to do so and I also share a genuine interest into where the tall guys in Ireland are.

However, I think it's quite evident that this is not a sound and robust demographic analysis, just a lighthearted thread about where are the tall guys in Ireland.

So, once again, why are you on this thread at all?

If you are a tall guy, would you please let me know for the purposes of this study where you are located?

Oh yes, I just spotted your height and location just now. I'm a little SHORTsighted.

7'9" and you're not in the NBA? Well what a letdown that is.

Would have loved to have met someone like le Bron on here... *swoon*

kyote00 wrote: »

Oh, that might skew the results further. No wonder the LOL doll can't find a tall man.

kyote00 wrote: »

Objects further away appear smaller not bigger/taller.

Oh, that might skew the results further. No wonder the LOL doll can't find a tall man.

Seriously?

Actually no, objects that are visibly further away appear smaller not vice versa.

Why are you referring to the OP as the LOL doll?

That's just petty.

Can't believe someone just asked was he taller or just further away.

So, two posters on this thread concurred with one another that objects that are further away appear bigger/taller.

This could explain a lot actually!

Can't believe someone just asked was he taller or just further away.

So, two posters on this thread concurred with one another that objects that are further away appear bigger/taller.

This could explain a lot actually!

Lol

Lol

Yes, absolutely hilarious indeed.

What height are you Leg End?

After all, the whole point of the OP thread is to find out where the tall guys are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Anyone complaining about people who don’t want to date them or what other people do or don’t find attractive, always remind me of this clown complaining about “discrimination” :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I’m 6’1” in height OP and....erm...rather well endowed. ;)

I’m also gay. :D

My sister is 5’10” and went out with shorter guys for years. Her current partner (a Dutchman) is 6’2”

Advertisement