Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

RayCon wrote: »
    Yes.

Thank you. I applied for a refund for a show yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Thank you. I applied for a refund for a show yesterday.

I need to do the same - where / how did you apply for a refund. Was it just an email to the customer support ?

I need to do the same - where / how did you apply for a refund. Was it just an email to the customer support ?

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Nice one - thanks

I got an email today to say my order had been cancelled and I'll be refunded in the next few days. Very quick. Delighted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ozzy Osbourne tour postponed to March 2022 !
    Bit of a joke at this stage, the thing should just be scrapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

There won't be any gigs next year...Get real ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Burty330 wrote: »

They will be in other countries while we will be kept shut waiting for that magic vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its not the pandemic postponing the tour, its the fact that his health is completely shot and he is likely to never tour again.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its not the pandemic postponing the tour, its the fact that his health is completely shot and he is likely to never tour again.

Yeah he should really just give it up at this stage

A legend no doubt and owes his fans nothing

• Advertisement

lol ,its not about Ozzy Ozzbourne.. The very last thing that will return to normal is live gigs.. Anybody believing they will be standing shoulder to shoulder with 100's of people at the o2 next summer is delusional!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They will be in other countries while we will be kept shut waiting for that magic vaccine

Exactly right. Restrictions in this country are the strictest in Europe which means this government couldn't give a rats anus about opening up venues for concerts.

There's even talk of nightclubs remaining shut for years to come

Exactly right. Restrictions in this country are the strictest in Europe which means this government couldn't give a rats anus about opening up venues for concerts.

Joke. So much money goes into the irish economy from concerts/matches etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its all on the vaccine at the end of the day, until we have that I cant see indoor concerts taking place as normal. When it does arrive you wont be allowed entry to a gig unless you can prove you've had the vaccine with a health passport or similar.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They could look at implementing social distance gigs like they did in the UK at the end of the summer, will it be the same nope but id take it at this stage. It also depends on will bands tour if they cant make money from the trip to Europe etc.

But yea sadly it doesnt look like any indoor shows for awhile :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Hyperbolic paranoid nonsense....... As long as there is no vaccine, there will be travel restrictions

As long as there are travel restrictions, there will be no touring acts

As long as there are no touring acts there will be no gigs.

Springsteen isn't planning his 2021 tour around the EU traffic light system.

Or it's a massive conspiracy theory to punish us for garthgate......

They could look at implementing social distance gigs like they did in the UK at the end of the summer, will it be the same nope but id take it at this stage. It also depends on will bands tour if they cant make money from the trip to Europe etc.

But yea sadly it doesnt look like any indoor shows for awhile :(

I could see it with acts like gavin James or keywest. The Newcastle racecourse setup in the UK seemed believable. The government could subsidise 30% capacity gigs in the olympia/bord gais. We could utilise outdoor venues like the botanic gardens in Dublin.

It wouldn't be fancy, but it would be Doable.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hyperbolic paranoid nonsense....... As long as there is no vaccine, there will be travel restrictions

As long as there are travel restrictions, there will be no touring acts

As long as there are no touring acts there will be no gigs.

Springsteen isn't planning his 2021 tour around the EU traffic light system.

Or it's a massive conspiracy theory to punish us for garthgate......

"Hyperbolic paranoid nonsense". Is that what you would call the current situation?

Its actually terrifying people like you exist. Stop denying Covid and wear your mask bruh. We're being subjugated and held to bondage again because of people like you!

Ex-U2 manager Paul McGuinness fears concerts will never be the same again
    The veteran producer said he’s doubtful that the music industry will ever fully recover.

He added: “When will it all come back? I don’t know, it’s very hard to imagine a stadium full of people watching a gig now, 70,000 people in Croke Park watching a gig – I don’t think so.”

“The concert experience may never be the same when it comes back — and we have no idea when it will.

"Hyperbolic paranoid nonsense". Is that what you would call the current situation?

Its actually terrifying people like you exist. Stop denying Covid and wear your mask bruh. We're being subjugated and held to bondage again because of people like you!

Ex-U2 manager Paul McGuinness fears concerts will never be the same again
    The veteran producer said he’s doubtful that the music industry will ever fully recover.

He added: “When will it all come back? I don’t know, it’s very hard to imagine a stadium full of people watching a gig now, 70,000 people in Croke Park watching a gig – I don’t think so.”

“The concert experience may never be the same when it comes back — and we have no idea when it will.

So, you counter an argument I didn't make, you call me a covid denier, and then you put up an article that agrees with my point.

Go outside, get some fresh air, come back when you can talk like a grown up.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So, you counter an argument I didn't make, you call me a covid denier, and then you put up an article that agrees with my point.

Go outside, get some fresh air, come back when you can talk like a grown up.

You claimed the prediction of no gigs going ahead next summer was "Hyperbolic paranoid nonsense".

Shall I show you your own post?

• Advertisement

You claimed the prediction of no gigs going ahead next summer was "Hyperbolic paranoid nonsense".

Shall I show you your own post?

Good man, now read the post's I'm replying to,which claim that Ireland will be the only country in Europe without gigs next summer.......

Or your point that the government "don't care about opening venues" (opening them to who exactly, no one is touring).

Try reading my post after where I outlined the ways gigs could go ahead next summer if restrictions are still in place.....

Read all that then tell me how pths claim or your claim aren't paranoid hyperbole.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dua Lipa postponed from January to September 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Wayne Coyne has the solution - Space Bubble concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ozzy Osbourne tour postponed to March 2022 !
    Bit of a joke at this stage, the thing should just be scrapped.

Tour plan revealed ....

530544.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

What are Ticketmaster like for refunds these days? Do they give a full refund for gigs cancelled or postponed because of Covid?

We were supposed to be going to Ludovico Einaudi gig on 13 March 2020. That got rescheduled to 25 November 2020 so obviously not going ahead. I'd prefer to get a refund as this stage rather than another new date.

by xmas id be expecting we will have new dates for shows scheduled for Jan-May 2021. For outdoor Summer 2021 (previously 2020 shows :() its really day by day and we might see them rescheduled/cancelled early 2021

Would love if they allowed gigs for Summer 2021 and then we move onto indoor ones for Autumn/Winter 2021

Life needs to go on with this virus, vaccine or not. Different times different demands compared to the spanish flu

recyclebin wrote: »
    What are Ticketmaster like for refunds these days? Do they give a full refund for gigs cancelled or postponed because of Covid?

We were supposed to be going to Ludovico Einaudi gig on 13 March 2020. That got rescheduled to 25 November 2020 so obviously not going ahead. I'd prefer to get a refund as this stage rather than another new date.

Yep you can submit a refund request on their website. They'll get it to you within a week or two.

They can be tricky if the gig hasn't been rescheduled yet but if yours have, just submit the claim and they'll process it.

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353

Life needs to go on with this virus, vaccine or not. Different times different demands compared to the spanish flu

Without derailing the thread, and irrespective of how much anyone agrees or disagree with saying life goes on, venues and promoters simply won't get insurance or approval to open as long as its around. No matter how much they do or don't like it. So unfortunately it won't go on in the entertainment industry until its either gone, or a vaccine exists.

I've started getting Q1 postponements now so still no sign of gig-free life slowing down unfortunately.

by xmas id be expecting we will have new dates for shows scheduled for Jan-May 2021. For outdoor Summer 2021 (previously 2020 shows :() its really day by day and we might see them rescheduled/cancelled early 2021

Would love if they allowed gigs for Summer 2021 and then we move onto indoor ones for Autumn/Winter 2021

What does this even mean??

And allowing gigs is a tiny fraction of what's required, you need an EU wide directive, insurance need to be on board, and you actually need bands to tour.....

Do you think green day are holed up in the radisson waiting for Michael to let them play Dublin??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,686 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Indiependence cancelled for next summer unfortunately https://twitter.com/Indie_pendence/status/1321721408137895939?s=19

Advertisement