Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    3arena more than likely closed til 2021

Closed till next April at the earliest you'd imagine, might even be closed till this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Heard Glen Rowe, the former Muse tour director, on BBC World Service today saying he can't see big gigs that are booked for April/May 2021 happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dohboy wrote: »
    Heard Glen Rowe, the former Muse tour director, on BBC World Service today saying he can't see big gigs that are booked for April/May 2021 happening.

Probably get slaughtered for this but I think governments need to look seriously about arena/stadium sized gigs can happen or even give a timeline

All this waiting for a vaccine stuff simply not enough this day of age. As said earlier Ireland could be left behind in this cautious approach in regards entertainment/sporting attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    Probably get slaughtered for this but I think governments need to look seriously about arena/stadium sized gigs can happen or even give a timeline

Reducing numbers in arenas may not make them viable, costly places to run I'd say

PTH2009 wrote:
    All this waiting for a vaccine stuff simply not enough this day of age. As said earlier Ireland could be left behind in this cautious approach in regards entertainment/sporting attendance

Again, it's about protecting the health system

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I think best case is small to medium outdoors gigs in summer and medium gigs in Autumn/winter next year. Spectators at outdoor sport will be a good indicator. If counties are in level 3 as is, can't see those sized gigs being able to happen fr a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

It's not enough, but it's all you're going to get. You're looking for governments to give certainty where none exists. Nobody knows when we'll have a vaccine and where the ICU & death numbers are going between now and then. The Trumps and Putins of this world are the only ones giving certainties right now.

TychoCaine wrote:
    It's not enough, but it's all you're going to get. You're looking for governments to give certainty where none exists. Nobody knows when we'll have a vaccine and where the ICU & death numbers are going between now and then. The Trumps and Putins of this world are the only ones giving certainties right now.

...the certainties they're giving is certain bullsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ...the certainties they're giving is certain bullsh1t

That's the thing. The only certainty that's coming out of the Irish government is that there isn't any certainties. They're full of "mights", "hopes" & "maybes", but isn't that the only honest way when there are so many unknowns?

TychoCaine wrote: »
    That's the thing. The only certainty that's coming out of the Irish government is that there isn't any certainties. They're full of "mights", "hopes" & "maybes", but isn't that the only honest way when there are so many unknowns?

i think theyre doing the best they can, of course they ll fcuk up here and there, but so will all governments, they truly need to do all they can to protect all workers and employers in the sector though

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think best case is small to medium outdoors gigs in summer and medium gigs in Autumn/winter next year. Spectators at outdoor sport will be a good indicator. If counties are in level 3 as is, can't see those sized gigs being able to happen fr a while now.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I honestly can't see this hell ending for the foreseeable future. Even assuming some kind of effective vaccine is found and distributed (yeah, right), I'm smack in the middle of the high risk group. As a result, the only gigs I could seriously consider going to are shows so socially distanced and sanitised, they'll be totally devoid of any atmosphere, spontaneity or fun.

Right now, it's the venue owners and staff plus the people at the bottom of the chain (roadies, etc) who can't even release CDs or sell tickets for live streams that I feel really sorry for.

A couple of years from now it'll be music fans like those of us on this thread who deserve my/our pity. Given that the record companies (what's left of 'em anyway) will adopt their default of only investing in lowest common denominator ****e like Ed Sheehan, we face a future filled with mindless pap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Rolling Blackouts in Vicar St postponed from March to September....looks like that will be the case for the indoor gigs anyway. Slight chance of outdoor ones going ahead maybe...? Hard to be optimistic....

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭T.V Eye

Ozzy tickets still on sale and the event is listed as taking place in a months time. It’s just funny at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

T.V Eye wrote: »
    Ozzy tickets still on sale and the event is listed as taking place in a months time. It’s just funny at this stage.

Looking at recent pictures of Ozzy and cant see him on stage

afro man wrote: »
    Looking at recent pictures of Ozzy and cant see him on stage

He says he hopes to be touring again in 2022

Lucky if he's not in the ground by then, he should just retire from live shows

2012?
    They can’t expect people to hold tickets 3 years from the original sale date. Explains the delay in calling it off. A lot of money will be flying out of somebodies bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

T.V Eye wrote: »
    2012?

What's your secret to time travel ?

How i wish I could go back in time now

Rfrip wrote: »

Fairly ambitious announcing new acts for next summer (if that's what this is)!

What's your secret to time travel ?

How i wish I could go back in time now

Yeah, that Mayan apocalypse wasn’t bad compared to this ****e.

Rfrip wrote: »

Olly Murs gig next June. Don't know how they're able to sell new gigs for next summer tbh. Can't see 5,000 people being allowed as soon as next June tbh. https://twitter.com/LATMofficial/status/1311924130493739008?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Olly Murs gig next June. Don't know how they're able to sell new gigs for next summer tbh. Can't see 5,000 people being allowed as soon as next June tbh. https://twitter.com/LATMofficial/status/1311924130493739008?s=19

They will try and sell the tickets that far in advance for a couple of reasons.
    If Covid is gone/finished/beaten etc at that stage, they have already sold the tickets for the gig and improved cash flow for the company as they will have 9 months cash up front.
    If it needs to be cancelled, they will probably keep the booking fees.

Assume there will be more "new" gigs organised in the next few months for the next couple of years ahead.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    They will try and sell the tickets that far in advance for a couple of reasons.
    If Covid is gone/finished/beaten etc at that stage, they have already sold the tickets for the gig and improved cash flow for the company as they will have 9 months cash up front.
    If it needs to be cancelled, they will probably keep the booking fees.

Assume there will be more "new" gigs organised in the next few months for the next couple of years ahead.

There's not a hope it will be gone though. So yeah either reschedule or cancel. Just seems daft

David Gray rescheduled from March until September. https://twitter.com/3ArenaDublin/status/1313796541262462976?s=19

David Gray rescheduled from March until September. https://twitter.com/3ArenaDublin/status/1313796541262462976?s=19

So they're rescheduling gigs for September while selling new gigs for June. Almost as if they're trying to hold on to people's money as long as possible..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭fafy

So they're rescheduling gigs for September while selling new gigs for June. Almost as if they're trying to hold on to people's money as long as possible..

My understanding isTM do not pay over the cash, until “after“ the performance has been completed, as this method allows refunds, in case of rescheduling or cancellation, so there is no cashflow benefit for the band or the promoters here, only for TM.

The promoters also get a “rebate” of a portion of the service charges that TM charges, i believe this is based on volume of tickets sold, again, this would only apply to completed performances.

fafy wrote: »
    My understanding isTM do not pay over the cash, until “after“ the performance has been completed, as this method allows refunds, in case of rescheduling or cancellation, so there is no cashflow benefit for the band or the promoters here, only for TM.

The promoters also get a “rebate” of a portion of the service charges that TM charges, i believe this is based on volume of tickets sold, again, this would only apply to completed performances.

That makes sense. Just the optics of it doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭fafy

That makes sense. Just the optics of it doesn't look great.

Agreed, it does not

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Sorry if it has already been covered earlier in this thread, I went back a few pages but couldn't find my answer.
    Are Ticketmaster offering refunds if your gig has been rescheduled and you don't want to/can't go on the rescheduled date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sorry if it has already been covered earlier in this thread, I went back a few pages but couldn't find my answer.
    Are Ticketmaster offering refunds if your gig has been rescheduled and you don't want to/can't go on the rescheduled date?

Yes.

Advertisement