Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled and Rescheduled gigs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

hynesie08 wrote: »
    http://iradio.ie/festival-chief-hugely-optimistic-for-2021-festivals/

Dermot Desmond confident summer festivals will go ahead...... Big statement but realistically he knows the sum total of **** all, same as the rest of us.....

“The return to business involves no social distance, and I see no reason why that can’t happen this summer,” Desmond said. There's a fine line between optimism and delusion but that seems fairly out of touch with reality tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭Zardoz

https://www.iq-mag.net/2021/01/fauci-live-shows-return-autumn-2021/
    Fauci said for shows to return, between 70% and 85% of the US population would need to vaccinated against Covid-19. “If everything goes right, this is will occur some time in the fall [autumn] of 2021,” he explained, “so that by the time we get to the early to mid-fall, you can have people feeling safe performing on stage, as well as people in the audience.”

Fauci suggested that, should that vaccination goal be met, venues with good ventilation and proper air filters could open without social distancing – though some theatres may ask audience members to continue to wear masks.

Thats in the US but I suppose we should expect to see something similar here .
    HSE rollout of the vaccine is very slow so 70-85% coverage could be a long way off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Probably no point booking All Together Now tickets. August may be too early. What do people reckon?

Annoyed at the Sugar Club. Was going to a gig there in March and got 4 tickets. There was an email to request a refund and no reply after several emails from me :mad:

Mimon wrote: »
    Probably no point booking All Together Now tickets. August may be too early. What do people reckon?

Annoyed at the Sugar Club. Was going to a gig there in March and got 4 tickets. There was an email to request a refund and no reply after several emails from me :mad:

I don't see ATN happening this year unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 17 damomaher

Outdoors will be easier , but no reason for attending a gig if have a vaccine and/or negative test

Ticketmaster working hard on cheap test on day of the gig , that is key , whether that saves festivals hard to know

Really depends on ability of our government to roll out vaccine , this im less confident on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,151 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

damomaher wrote: »
    Outdoors will be easier , but no reason for attending a gig if have a vaccine and/or negative test

Ticketmaster working hard on cheap test on day of the gig , that is key , whether that saves festivals hard to know

Really depends on ability of our government to roll out vaccine , this im less confident on

I'll be very pissed if we see tours taking place in other countries but we're still in partial lockdown

Atm I'd take a few 3arena/olmypia shows for the Autumn/Winter.

Can see tickets selling very well when shows do return

• Registered Users Posts: 17 damomaher

Guaranteed to be behind most countries , a) due to size ( pulling power) and b) our government doesnt have efficient civil service , organisational skills

By current roll out rates , it will take 2 years , UK will have 300k a day by tomorrow , we have 15k in total

Isreal will be finished by April

Realistically I think we will have most done by Sept and little expectation of travel / gigs pre then

Only way festivals go ahead is with Govn insurance as takes minimum 11 weeks to be ready , our Govn wont they will throw them a few bob instead

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

0% chance of this. Not feasible.

Ticketmaster/Livenation blowing hot air to try to protect their stock price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

0% chance of this. Not feasible.

Indeed. Tested where and when? The morning/afternoon of the gig? Could easily get Covid somewhere else a few minutes after the test and then the gig is a super spreader event.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Guaranteed to be behind most countries , a) due to size ( pulling power) and b) our government doesnt have efficient civil service , organisational skills

By current roll out rates , it will take 2 years , UK will have 300k a day by tomorrow , we have 15k in total

Isreal will be finished by April

Realistically I think we will have most done by Sept and little expectation of travel / gigs pre then

Only way festivals go ahead is with Govn insurance as takes minimum 11 weeks to be ready , our Govn wont they will throw them a few bob instead

"Current rollout rates"
    These will change in the next week or so, and then again when more vaccines are improved and dosage amounts arrive, it's already being recalculated based on Pfizer approving a 6th vaccine from every vial. They're estimating 500,000 vaccines a week by July, and everything is going to plan so far.....

We've actually vaccinated over 50,000 people so far, and using Israel is a terrible example, since they're basically the Guinea pigs for large scale vaccination, also they're not giving the vaccine to palestine....... We'd be done quicker if we only vaccinated catholics.....

I think we can effectively write of festivals, but I think we'll see outdoor, socially distanced gigs during the summer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Interesting study

https://www.iq-mag.net/2021/01/second-german-study-konzerthaus-dortmundshows-venues-not-places-infection/#.X_80nJP7SCc
    There is little risk of an infected person transmitting Covid-19 even in an indoor concert venue, reveals a study of aerosol transmission at Konzerthaus Dortmund

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Zardoz wrote: »
    Interesting study
    Pic of it here. Doesn't look like most venues I would be going to here

musiksaal-im-konzerthaus-dortmund-ruhrgebiet-nordrhein-westfalen-CMT6FM.jpg

rubadub wrote: »
    Pic of it here. Doesn't look like most venues I would be going to here

musiksaal-im-konzerthaus-dortmund-ruhrgebiet-nordrhein-westfalen-CMT6FM.jpg

Looks kinda like the NCH

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks kinda like the NCH

It does, just wanted to show a pic in case people did not click the link and had pictured "indoor concert venue" as being something else.

rubadub wrote: »
    It does, just wanted to show a pic in case people did not click the link and had pictured "indoor concert venue" as being something else.

Ah yeah makes sense. Think there was talk of trial gigs in NCH around Christmas but say it might not have happened with the cases getting so high.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Primavera allegedly moving from first weekend in June to 9th-11th September. Same weekend as Parklife and Lovebox have moved to. Talk of All Points East being on that weekend too.

Governors Ball in NYC has officially moved from that same weekend in June to the 24th-26th Sept.

https://twitter.com/GovBallNYC/status/1349393696085712899

• Registered Users Posts: 38,151 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Primavera allegedly moving from first weekend in June to 9th-11th September. Same weekend as Parklife and Lovebox have moved to. Talk of All Points East being on that weekend too.

Governors Ball in NYC has officially moved from that same weekend in June to the 24th-26th Sept.

https://twitter.com/GovBallNYC/status/1349393696085712899

Pity we don't have the climate for Autumn/winter outdoor gigs in Ireland but hoepfully they might permit indoor gigs for that time. A decent lineup in the 3Arena already listed

Obviously extremely disappointing no gigs for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

hi guys i've got tickets for three upcoming gigs for
    god is an astronaut in the academy on march 12th ( rescheduled from last year)

doves scheduled for april 6th in the olympia

the frames in june (rescheduled from last summer)

let's be honest none of these is going to go ahead so can i request a refund now?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Pity we don't have the climate for Autumn/winter outdoor gigs in Ireland but hoepfully they might permit indoor gigs for that time. A decent lineup in the 3Arena already listed

Obviously extremely disappointing no gigs for the summer

Guess EP would count in Autumn. Not sure about UK having decent weather then for the festivals moved to September either!

Not sure are they pushed out of hope that they will go ahead then or expectation that they won't and be pushed out to next summer. Easier to keep money until then and encourage people to hold on to tickets again for next one.

I see Aiken have rescheduled a gig from March to May 2022.

Guess they will have to make a call on Marquee and Iveagh Gardens gigs sooner rather than later.

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1350020338403446784

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

I see Aiken have rescheduled a gig from middle of March to middle of May which seems fairly pointless.

Guess they will have to make a call on Marquee and Iveagh Gardens gigs sooner rather than later.

https://twitter.com/aikenpromotions/status/1350020338403446784

The new date is in 2022 though

hkjohn wrote: »
    The new date is in 2022 though

Do'oh, you're right! I'm still getting used to it being 2021 so dunno how i missed that..

Do'oh, you're right! I'm still getting used to it being 2021 so dunno how i missed that..

15 months and mid-2022 is probably the most realistic piece of rescheduling in this entire thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mr.S wrote: »
    Could EP go off in October or is that crazy?

Capture.png

Certainly optimistic re September. Leo on the news this morning said they hope to vaccinate with a first dose by then too.

Could EP go off in October or is that crazy?

EP in October would be a quagmire

• Registered Users Posts: 12 T55PLUS

What's the story with rescheduled events. Is it still possible to get a refund?

Alternatively better tickets for the gig have opened up due to presumable people cancelling tickets. Is it possible to get tickets transferred to a different seat of the same price?

Cheers

I think it is extremely unlikely there are going to be any gigs of any kind within this year. We all saw what happened when the govt kowtowed to the bunch of stupid eejiits who decided we had to have Christmas. Can't see them making the same mistake twice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

The Nal wrote: »
    Capture.png

Tens of thousands of the people who are currently obeying the restrictions will be jobless and homeless and living in tents by the time they are lifted so this will actually happen.

:D wrap up warm, be fine.

Given that half the people who show up do so with no more than a Wendy House for a tent, flip-flops and a penny’s rainjacket I think it’s safe to say hundreds would die!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭hynesie08

hkjohn wrote: »
    I think it is extremely unlikely there are going to be any gigs of any kind within this year. We all saw what happened when the govt kowtowed to the bunch of stupid eejiits who decided we had to have Christmas. Can't see them making the same mistake twice

So at no point this year will someone perform live music in front of a crowd? That's just wrong, considering it happened last year......

If you're pro government and anti NPHET, then our esteemed government have said all vaccinations will be done by August, how will there be no gigs this year?

Advertisement