Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating out/eating in - takeaways, restaurants and meal delivery Megathread

Options

Comments

Was the same in Drogheda today, too. I often feel like I have nothing going on in my life and I'm a bit of a boring person.

Then I see people like those, and I feel a lot better about myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You know it is confirmed to me every day that I am much more honest that other people that I have much more will power and that I am also much more intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

At least they're in their cars.

In Supermacs O'Connell St last night lots of people sitting inside eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Similar scenes at Carrickmines and Nutgrove. A bit weird alright, but they were in their cars, not doing anyone any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭sidcon

Similar scenes at Carrickmines and Nutgrove. A bit weird alright, but they were in their cars, not doing anyone any harm.

Apart from the McDonald's employee, who then went on to serve the other idiots

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Some people can't/won't cook and live a life of takeaways. Parents giving their children Deli hot food before school, a lunch of chocolate and taytos and a Macdonalds then for their dinner.
    It's these same parents that are panic buying as they will have major doses of the trots when their diet will be improving as they will have to cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I went for McDonald's today on my way home as a treat, because I know I won't have one for god knows how long (we go into lockdown in NZ tomorrow). I don't even eat McDonald's that much. I used the contactless kiosk to order my meal, stood two metres away from everyone while I waited and I didn't even lick the McDonald's employee when they left my bag up on the counter for me to take.

I can't see the problem with people going to the drive thru. Just because it's not your thing doesn't make everyone else a b*llox.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Lyan

Seems like this pandemic will be quite good for the health of the nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Lyan wrote: »
    Only if the other kebab shops are forced to close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

sidcon wrote: »
    Apart from the McDonald's employee, who then went on to serve the other idiots

...through a Perspex screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,949 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The bottomfeeders will simply get ready meals and frozen food. I wouldn't expect them to turn into Masterchef overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭kazamo

I don't think McDonalds closing has as much to do with their customers as it does with their own staff.
    Given the close proximity to each other, it would be very hard to enforce the 2m gap between employees in their food prep areas, and still serve the food in the same timeframe they usually do.

If one employee contracts the virus, they would all get it pretty quickly given that they're working on top of each other.

Time for people of Ireland to do a bit of cooking themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Its a pity people's brain cells dont replicate as fast as this virus. We must surely have a disproportionate amount of low IQ people in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,010 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Pinch Flat wrote:
    Its a pity people's brain cells dont replicate as fast as this virus. We must surely have a disproportionate amount of low IQ people in this country.

What's an iq?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I will admit that once I heard they were closing I was tempted, but it would mean leaving the house and I couldn't be added doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I went for McDonald's today on my way home as a treat, because I know I won't have one for god knows how long (we go into lockdown in NZ tomorrow). I don't even eat McDonald's that much. I used the contactless kiosk to order my meal, stood two metres away from everyone while I waited and I didn't even lick the McDonald's employee when they left my bag up on the counter for me to take.

I can't see the problem with people going to the drive thru. Just because it's not your thing doesn't make everyone else a b*llox.

Those kiosks are riddled with bacteria, there was a study on it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Something tells me some of that que just thinks they are in some traffic and don’t realise some are queuing to get into McDonald’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Something tells me some of that que just thinks they are in some traffic and don’t realise some are queuing to get into McDonald’s.
    This post just gave me hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Pinch Flat wrote: »

Can you get IQ's on the social?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

There is plenty of cheap rubbish convenience food full of sugar and salt and fat in the supermarkets. They’ll just buy that instead.
    Me little angles Drake and Lizzo will be sitting in front of the telly watching Netflix eating 25c Aldi chicken noodles dosed with grated cheese for the next 12 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭munster87

It’s basically traffic on a road, most probably not heading for the drive thru at all, just been slowed down by the ones who are

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I dunno I could see it. Teenagers, young people in the 20s are already left with nothing to do or no place to go right now. It's 'something to do' when everything else is closed.

No harm in it really, it's not like those clowns lining the streets of Howth for a bag of chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭Hoboo

KB22 wrote: »
    Can you get IQ's on the social?

No, but you should be entitleteh

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Good on you. By not licking people you will definitely help slow the spread of covid19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

That video is one of the main routes into Tralee. Quiet possible they are just stuck in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

That video is one of the main routes into Tralee. Quiet possible they are just stuck in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Take a look at these clowns queuing up in their cars to get a F***ing Big Mac. https://imgur.com/a/kQnbTs4
    Take a look at yer man taking a video on his phone while he's driving.:rolleyes:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I’d murder some junk food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭CaoinDory

I’d murder some junk food

Leo tweeted this morning that they are allowed to remain open

Advertisement