Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating out/eating in - takeaways, restaurants and meal delivery Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

You could keep a drive through going with 6 or 7 staff all not interacting closely with each other tbh.

True. Was only presuming that was the main reason

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Takeaways are booming. Finally caved in Friday night and ordered my first chipper of the catastrophe, took quite a bit longer than normal.

Pity to scrap the drive through Mickey Ds TBH.

My 2 local chippers are closed for 8 weeks as of last Friday! Dying for some junk food!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,948 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

My copilot has one everyday. Most branches in Dublin went drive tru only last week. I thought this was safe enough for staff. I'm surprised at the announcement. I'm not sure what my copilot will do after tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Most are on zero hour contracts, I'd say a week or 2 at most and then dole.

Zero hours In McDonald’s Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Cork_Langer1

Most are on zero hour contracts, I'd say a week or 2 at most and then dole.

I thought 12 hours was the minimum hours you could get.
    Seeing how they famously offer people zero hour contracts I cant see them paying.

Im thinking the b@stards are sending them to the dole but hopefully I'm wrong, if that's the case they should be boycotted, when this Chi-na virus calms down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I thought 12 hours was the minimum hours you could get.

Im thinking the b@stards are sending them to the dole but hopefully I'm wrong, if that's the case they should be boycotted, when this Chi-na virus calms down.

I sympathise with the staff but why should they be paid if laid off.

Remember McD is a franchise operation so local owners would have to pay the staff and not the massive head office.

Will you be boycotting pubs, restaurants and shops that have also let staff go? People seem to understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seeing how they famously offer people zero hour contracts I cant see them paying.

These myths get thrown around but zero hour contracts were banned in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Loads of time now to prepare and make home cooked nutrious food that will boost your immune system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Passed by Mc Donalds on saturday and was a very long q of cars waiting for drive thru.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I sympathise with the staff but why should they be paid if laid off.

Remember McD is a franchise operation so local owners would have to pay the staff and not the massive head office.

Will you be boycotting pubs, restaurants and shops that have also let staff go? People seem to understand that.

Even though they're franchises they make a lot of money and have the McDonald name over their stores, I have huge sympathy for small businesses who have no other choice but send employees to the sign on, big businesses will and should be boycotted if they don't pay their employees for a few weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loads of time now to prepare and make home cooked nutrious food that will boost your immune system.

Yes, frozen chips and burgers imported from somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Drove through city centre tonight, only place I saw open was the Spar and Supermacs on O'Connell St and the Spar and Centra on Dame St.

Lots of places had groups of delivery cyclists hanging around outside though so plenty not open but seemingly doing deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

murpho999 wrote: »
    These myths get thrown around but zero hour contracts were banned in 2018.

Doesn't matter.
    Point is they were the same company who did that. Can't expect them to pay people now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

All Subways are closing up at 5pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Supermacs closing 26th March

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Doodah7

And the Guards have had to clear all of the f*cking morons queueing for McDonalds in Maynooth and elsewhere. Have people completely lost a grip of sense and reality???

Maybe the next virus could just attack the f*cking stupid?? Leave the world in a far better place after it...

Doodah7 wrote: »
    And the Guards have had to clear all of the f*cking morons queueing for McDonalds in Maynooth and elsewhere. Have people completely lost a grip of sense and reality???

Maybe the next virus could just attack the f*cking stupid?? Leave the world in a far better place after it...

Passed through the drive thru McDonald's in blanch centre earlier. Long que out the door and loads of cars.

Gas isn't it? I guess if you tell someone you can't have anything for the next while it creates this mad need.

Passed through the drive thru McDonald's in blanch centre earlier. Long que out the door and loads of cars.

Gas isn't it? I guess if you tell someone you can't have anything for the next while it creates this mad need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Hillbillies will be my first call after this ends. Couldn't give a **** if McDonald's never opened again tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

What's wrong with getting a takeaway McDonald's from your car? Hardly any different from ordering a curry is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Fieldsman

How did people manage to eat years ago when there was no Deli's or Chinese take-away's etc.What's wrong with cooking proper food at home knowing whats in at considerable less cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Doodah7

MarkY91 wrote: »
    What's wrong with getting a takeaway McDonald's from your car? Hardly any different from ordering a curry is it?

Because the mouth breathers who are so DESPERATE for a takeaway will still not keep their distance when out. Have a look at the video for Beshoffs in Howth yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Fieldsman wrote: »
    How did people manage to eat years ago when there was no Deli's or Chinese take-away's etc.What's wrong with cooking proper food at home knowing whats in at considerable less cost.

There's nothing wrong with it but some people simply don't like it and they don't care about the cost impact of it.

McDonald should be boycotted, they sacked every single employee, revenue of 5.9b December 2019.

B@stards.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Yer wan on RTE news "just to get de kids sumtin t'eat"
    You could have cooked them something several times over in the time it took you to queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Because the mouth breathers who are so DESPERATE for a takeaway will still not keep their distance when out. Have a look at the video for Beshoffs in Howth yesterday.

People are complaining about McDonald's today.
    They were safe and sound in their cars...

The people at Beshofs cis a whole other conversation and I agree with you on that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Home cooking for me will be having to add many more dishes as cannot have chips with everything.Fun times ahead.
    Domino pizza have said now no take away service but free home delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Take a look at these clowns queuing up in their cars to get a F***ing Big Mac. https://imgur.com/a/kQnbTs4

What type of wet brain thinks it’s a good idea to leave the house during a time like this to get a McFlurry. A friend of mine works in a different McDonalds and they had to finish normal service at 3pm to work on the orders from the drive thru.

There really is a dumbing down of society. Learn to book an egg ffs. Not to mention that I don’t want anyone handling or sneezing on my food at the moment. Everything I eat now is done in house.

Advertisement