Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs when/will they re-open - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Few pints tonight plus burger and chips in the local

Nice to get out with the better half

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

Few pints tonight plus burger and chips in the local

Nice to get out with the better half

I do not expect you reporting your symptoms here a week later. This is private information, we should not expect it shared. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I'm surprised most wet pubs have not started a limited food option to open, Would toasted sandwiches not cover the €9 substantial meal requirement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    They are called wet pubs because the toilets are usually all urine and punters all over each other spitting COVID everywhere. Let’s face it they were super spreader places.

After what I saw at the weekend, the general public are still a pack of Cnuts who think the rules don’t apply to them. Made absolute pigs of themselves. 4 or 5 pints was all it took for certain individuals to act like arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

After what I saw at the weekend, the general public are still a pack of Cnuts who think the rules don’t apply to them. Made absolute pigs of themselves. 4 or 5 pints was all it took for certain individuals to act like arseholes.

what behavior did you see Mongfinder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

showpony1 wrote: »
    what behavior did you see Mongfinder?

Only short of getting up on each other. Hugging, hand shakes, crowding into toilets, approaching the bar when repeatedly told not to, ignoring the one way system, moving between tables. The poor staff were run ragged. I won’t be out drinking until restrictions are lifted. Not enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

i was in the pub on sat and it was glorious. My previous posts have shown that I am against any restrictions regarding covid for a multitude of reasons.

But what struck me (tbh annoyed me a little) was I met some people who were rabid covid panic merchants there too.
    The people who would be virtue signalling how dangerous covid is and we needed more lockdown , people who on social media were shaming teenagers, non mask wearers, conspiracy theorists or anybody with a view contrary to Nphet you know the type..

I fully respect people who are genuinely worried about covid and act accordingly so this isn't an attack on you.

But I really have a strong dislike now for people who follow "the rules" and shout about it - but think just cos the government said "open the pubs" that it is grand.

Covid is still there so i don't understand how it's any safer. So why are you out? Have you no critical thinking?

It just proves you are an easily led moron or a virtue signalling liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

paw patrol wrote: »
    i was in the pub on sat and it was glorious. My previous posts have shown that I am against any restrictions regarding covid for a multitude of reasons.

But what struck me (tbh annoyed me a little) was I met some people who were rabid covid panic merchants there too.
    The people who would be virtue signalling how dangerous covid is and we needed more lockdown , people who on social media were shaming teenagers, non mask wearers, conspiracy theorists or anybody with a view contrary to Nphet you know the type..

I fully respect people who are genuinely worried about covid and act accordingly so this isn't an attack on you.

But I really have a strong dislike now for people who follow "the rules" and shout about it - but think such cos the government said "open the pubs" that it is grand.

Covid is still there so i don't understand how it's any safer. So why are you out? Have you no critical thinking?

It just proves you are an easily led moron or a virtue signalling liar.

Just using extremely rare opportunity to say i'm completely agree with you :)

Thats me wrote: »
    Just using extremely rare opportunity to say i'm completely agree with you :)

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will many places open Xmas Eve and Stephens day

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will many places open Xmas Eve and Stephens day

The food novelty will wear off fast i was in a place at the weekend but the atmosphere at half 9 was dying fast
    People will have so much food and drink stocked up at home for Christmas I can't see many going to the pub for a 9 euro meal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

SB71 wrote: »
    thats shocking, no time limit nonsnese where i was,in fact this is the first ive read where someone had to leave , most people posting stayed the night

The BANK in Dame St was throwing people out after 2 hours and not too polite about it either
    Did not bother them the last time when they few bookings ,Christmas now and its all changed

ingo1984 wrote: »
    Don't think Tony is anti pubs, as he likes a drink himself. In his opinion, keeping the pubs closed was the best option. Regardless of whether you think that was right or not makes no difference. It was his calculated opinion of which the elected government also agreed with. Any resulting hardship caused by these decisions has been offset by wage subsidies, pup payments and business supports. People haven't lost money during the pandemic, they just haven't been able to spend it as they would like. Once we get through the pandemic and pubs reopen fully, people be throwing cash around the bar like the good auld celtic tiger days.

Any proof on the piece in bold

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Have heard pubs saying they will close on Stephen's Day with the lack of food deliveries on Stephen's day and to give staff a "hard earned" day off. Hard earned? I'm not being smart or heartless but most bar staff have been on the PUP for the best part of 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Will the Shop sales still be on Stephens day?

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Will the Shop sales still be on Stephens day?

Most have their sales on now ,as I found to my cost on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

looked back a few pages and cant see this answered. for pubs that are open now, can they show football with sound again? or is it still volume off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

site_owner wrote: »
    looked back a few pages and cant see this answered. for pubs that are open now, can they show football with sound again? or is it still volume off?

When was there ever a sound off rule? I was able to go to my local the last time and watch football with sound. Watched the Europa League final with sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

site_owner wrote: »

Volume was on where I was yesterday.

When was there ever a sound off rule? I was able to go to my local the last time and watch football with sound. Watched the Europa League final with sound.

The Guards came into my local the last time and told them to turn off the TV
    Granted a lot of Liverpool supporting knobheads frequent my local
    Has not been on since
    Pubs in town have them on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-no-music-and-tv-volume-turned-down-low-the-new-rules-for-pubs-39516984.html

some pubs definition of low is probably different to my locals. but last time i went, we couldnt hear it and we were sitting in a decent spot usually for watching. bar man said thats what they were told to keep it at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

brisan wrote: »
    Has not been on since

Landlord should have told the Guard to mind his business. There is no rule that the sound on tv has to be muted, or that TVs can't be on.

GT89 wrote: »
    Have heard pubs saying they will close on Stephen's Day with the lack of food deliveries on Stephen's day and to give staff a "hard earned" day off. Hard earned? I'm not being smart or heartless but most bar staff have been on the PUP for the best part of 6 months.

People will have no interest in booking slots and meals Stephen s day with zero craic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

volume can give you covid.. duh!!

GT89 wrote: »
    sasta le wrote: »
    People will have no interest in booking slots and meals Stephen s day with zero craic

pubs out my way are already booked out on stephens day

paw patrol wrote: »
    pubs out my way are already booked out on stephens day

Have you to order food?Time limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Has not been on since

The guards doing that is some load of blolix

The guards doing that is some load of blolix

I agree and so does the landlord
    Its either that or 3 or 4 visits a day
    Most of the pubs in the area are getting regular visits
    Methinks the local Inspector is a buddy of Tony's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Has not been on since

I am not sure if this is posted by a Man United fan, a pub hater/buzz killer or a GAA fan with a sincere hatred of the beautiful game, it is possibly one of the most duplicitous posts I have read in a while?

The Gards did in their phuck go into a pub and told them to turn down the box either, what do you think they do be doing?

BTW, cards on the table here, I also think soccer is a garbage sport, but it wouldd not stop me going to the pub, or having a laugh about it. The Gards turning down the telly my eye.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I am not sure if this is posted by a Man United fan, a pub hater/buzz killer or a GAA fan with a sincere hatred of the beautiful game, it is possibly one of the most duplicitous posts I have read in a while?

The Gards did in their phuck go into a pub and told them to turn down the box either, what do you think they do be doing?

BTW, cards on the table here, I also think soccer is a garbage sport, but it wouldd not stop me going to the pub, or having a laugh about it. The Gards turning down the telly my eye.

Well then anytime you feel like it walk into the Goblet pub on the Malahide road and see for yourself
    And no I am not a Man Utd ,nor a pub hater ,buzz killer (I always went to my local at 7.30 on a weds for a match ) and I am only a casual GAA fan
    Oh the sound is not turned down ,the TV is off as are all TVs in the pub
    As for being a pub hater .my wife says the exact opposite 3 times a week on average

Advertisement