Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were in Templebar last night..

Options

Comments

I think there is a generation or two who never experienced real hardship hence people going on the lash as they corona is far away and somebody else's problem. The reality will hit then pretty soon but until then I think younger people see this as a bit like an extended snow day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I'd say there are several generations here who haven't experienced real hardship. The majority no doubt.

Most people just have cop-on, consideration and are capable of thinking beyond themselves. Unfortunately it only takes a small number who don't, to jeopardise this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If you are in Temple Bar any night you are a mug punter with more money than sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Internet buzzwords might seem clever but you're not exempt from this. 368 people died in italy in the last 24 hours.

To prevent the likes of the above, people have to avoid going out unless necessary.

AlienatedOpenChimpanzee-max-1mb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

koutoubia wrote: »
    Driving a coach from the airport into city centre.
    The amount of hen/stag/general going on the lash groups arriving in even today was madness.
    I am actually gonna blame Boris and his govt as they have played down the seriousness of what is going on and people are carrying on as normal.

These are the 7 foolish virgins. I was forced to watch the Saturday night takeaway. The amount of dopes travelling allover the country and not a Scooby Doo between them. This virus is going to hit the big cities in London Birmingham, and the North west very hard. The elderly, homeless and junkies will suffer the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Such people are the social equivalent of ass holes who don't wash their hands after taking a piss or a dump. 9 out of 10 people would wash their hands but it's that solitary animal who'll happily have remnants of their sh1t and piss all over the door handle regardless of what practically everyone else does.

Here's a comment from the first thread, dated 22nd January (in response to the death toll in China at that point):

"Wow. Six people. I suspect my grandmother's cooking killed more. There are 11.08 million people in Wuhan. Well, 11.079994 now. Let's all panic."

Now that number is multiplied by 1,080 and counting - in 7.5 weeks. And across the world - not just Wuhan.

Why did people think it wouldn't be contagious?

Here's a comment from the first thread, dated 22nd January (in response to the death toll in China at that point):

"Wow. Six people. I suspect my grandmother's cooking killed more. There are 11.08 million people in Wuhan. Well, 11.079994 now. Let's all panic."

Now that number is multiplied by 1,080 and counting - in 7.5 weeks. And across the world - not just Wuhan.

Tbf the granny comment is bit funny

Just coz world going to sh1te no need for everyone to lose semse of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Leicester city won the premier league at 5000/1.

Why didn't the bloody fools mortgage there house for it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭greasepalm

And i see the party is going strong OMG.

https://worldcams.tv/ireland/dublin/temple-bar

• Advertisement

Tbf the granny comment is bit funny

Just coz world going to sh1te no need for everyone to lose semse of humour
    Didn't say anything against the humour.
    Taylor365 wrote: »
    Leicester city won the premier league at 5000/1.

Why didn't the bloody fools mortgage there house for it?!
    Highly contagious disease (in today's world of extensive air travel) vs odds of 5,000/1.

Come on now. Not saying they should have predicted how bad it would get, but when something is contagious it's not going to just stop at six deaths.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I've noticed on boards that it's a highly popular activity to knock people in order to take the moral high ground for the sake of it.

This.. What has struck me in this whole thing is how quickly people are turning around to point the finger and hurl abuse at people..

I've been told it's been called "The persecuting spirit", and that it's never too far away..

This.. What has struck me in this whole thing is how quickly people are turning around to point the finger and hurl abuse at people..

I've been told it's been called "The persecuting spirit", and that it's never too far away..
    Criticising people for actively helping spread the virus is NOT taking the moral high ground for the sake of it.

People are certainly biting the heads of others here for simply asking questions, which I agree is obnoxious, but going against the official advice when it's clear what's happening in italy... deserves all the criticism it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

No one's taking the moral high ground for the sake of it. Many of us have elderly or vulnerable family members and are taking every precaution possible to keep them safe. Then we read about arseholes putting all those precautions at risk by heading off to Cheltenham and Spain, cramming into pubs and night clubs, holding covid 19 parties, dismissing medical advice about hand washing, and seemingly too thick, selfish and arrogant to understand their behaviour will kill other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There were plenty of Irish people in bars and clubs and holding covid 19 parties.

Many of whom have now put vulnerable people at very very serious risk. If you're one of them, words can't describe what you are.

Cünt is a very good descriptive term.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Computer Science Student

anyone watching the cam tonight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Cünt is a very good descriptive term.

Sometimes CŰNT is the only word to describe certain people. I love the look of shock on the face of someone I've just directed it towards.
    We need a word like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

Cunt. I believe that was the word you were looking for. Same as those Cheltenham folk. Cunts the lot of them.

I went to Cheltenham in Tuesday with 4 others and returned home Friday night. All 5 of us travelled over because we were told it was safe to do so. We spoke to HSE reps and a TD who assured us that there was nothing wrong with going. We travelled over, had a great few days and exercised as much caution as we could. Since we’ve returned home all 5 of us have self isolated and have had no direct contact with anyone. I personally phone the HSE on Thursday morning and had a flight home ready to book but I was told not to worry, that we were ok to remain in the UK but just to be mindful, continue to use caution and continue to follow procedures set out surrounding personal hygiene.

Do not compare me, or anyone else who went to Cheltenham, to those that were in Temple Bar or any other bar in Ireland last night. We followed advice and did what we were told and we will continue to do so. Those people who went to the pub last night did not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Motivator wrote: »
    I went to Cheltenham in Tuesday with 4 others and returned home Friday night. All 5 of us travelled over because we were told it was safe to do so. We spoke to HSE reps and a TD who assured us that there was nothing wrong with going. We travelled over, had a great few days and exercised as much caution as we could. Since we’ve returned home all 5 of us have self isolated and have had no direct contact with anyone. I personally phone the HSE on Thursday morning and had a flight home ready to book but I was told not to worry, that we were ok to remain in the UK but just to be mindful, continue to use caution and continue to follow procedures set out surrounding personal hygiene.

Do not compare me, or anyone else who went to Cheltenham, to those that were in Temple Bar or any other bar in Ireland last night. We followed advice and did what we were told and we will continue to do so. Those people who went to the pub last night did not.

So you really had to ask was it ok to go to Cheltenham!?
    I know not much about nothing and nothing about not much.... But I knew it was ridiculous and dangerous for all those people to go...

anyone watching the cam tonight ?

Yeah Tourist dopes wondering why the place is deserted and and locals on their way home from the shops, restaurants still open.

• Advertisement

Motivator wrote: »

Would it really have killed ye to have missed it for 1 year? Would it killed ye to have saved the money, bought an extra big TV, ordered food in from a restaurant and gotten a keg and €200 bottle of Middleton, phoned in your bets and had a "golf weekend" later in the year?

Would it really? Stop absolving your responsibility by putting it on a TD (who is really only in the job because his grandfather was in the biscuit factory and he will tell you want you want to hear) and some public servant in the HSE who doesnt really have time to take you seriously.

If you felt you had to ask that question you know morally you shouldnt have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

All you have to do is read about patient 31 in South Korea to see the damage one selfish person can do. Thousands exposed because of one person's stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Jokes on you because I was a cünt before I went to the pub last night

gandalf wrote: »
    All you have to do is read about patient 31 in South Korea to see the damage one selfish person can do. Thousands exposed because of one person's stupidity.

Pretty hard to argue with shutting stuff down after a quick.google there

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭sonyvision

I saw 15,000 people line up and run a half marathon in Bath UK this morning at 11am!! Supported by over 10,000 lining the streets.

On a flight back out of Bristol I heard and Irish man explaining to the passenger next to him how it's a bloody disagree people complaining about the run etc. He flew over to support his two children running and was out eating and drinking Saturday no issues... and now they closed his local pub in Galway!!.. the cheek! IDIOT... you my friend are an IDIOT!!.

i didn't want to travel this weekend but to me this was essential, I touch no handrail in the airport washed my hands at every opportunity. It's the last travelling I'll be doing untill this is over and working from home for the next 4/5 days.

There is no words to describe the selfishness of some people!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Yeah Tourist dopes wondering why the place is deserted and and locals on their way home from the shops, restaurants still open.

Look at the inside cam. Party going strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Plenty of people out last night in Belfast and even today. Some pub owners have had a bit of cop on and closed early but it’s a rock and a hard place. I’ve family who are publicans employing a lot of staff across a number of premises and even though in the north they’re following the advice from the “experts” it’s not practical to implement and the reality is until the UK government do a u-turn I foresee a crisis ahead.

sonyvision wrote: »
    I saw 15,000 people line up and run a half marathon in Bath UK this morning at 11am!! Supported by over 10,000 lining the streets.

On a flight back out of Bristol I heard and Irish man explaining to the passenger next to him how it's a bloody disagree people complaining about the run etc. He flew over to support his two children running and was out eating and drinking Saturday no issues... and now they closed his local pub in Galway!!.. the cheeky!! IDIOT... you my friend are an IDIOT!!.

I didnt know you could assemble that many idiots in the one area.

The great thing about intelligence is we can quantify it with IQ tests. The thing about stupidity is we are still plumbing it depths. If you see that guy again put a halter on him, if you brought him to the county fair he would get a blue ribbon for stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Look at the inside cam. Party going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

So you really had to ask was it ok to go to Cheltenham!?
    I know not much about nothing and nothing about not much.... But I knew it was ridiculous and dangerous for all those people to go...

A TD assured you ? Which virologist member of the house was that?
    You went to a mass gathering event of tens of thousands of people for four days. Common sense would dictate not needing to seek advice but simply stay at home for the sake of you and your fellow citizens. Even worse is you trying to further defend yourself. You have no defence and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Advertisement