Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Got my snow today, got the snowboy sorted and when pushing for him I spotted a lily of the valley flower for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

My island is covered in snow - it’s gorgeous!

Does anyone have Celeste tonight? I’m missing the Sagittarius recipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Does anyone have Leif today? Looking for some extra Holly starts for around my ice rink.

Bells21 wrote: »
    Does anyone have Leif today? Looking for some extra Holly starts for around my ice rink.

I had Leif yesterday - I can travel back if you like? It’s no bother!

I had Leif yesterday - I can travel back if you like? It’s no bother!

Ah no no, I'll pick some up at some point. No point in putting yourself to that but thank you for being so kind :)

• Advertisement

Ah no no, I'll pick some up at some point. No point in putting yourself to that but thank you for being so kind :)

It’s already done. No bother at all. My gates are open. I won’t be able to chat, so feel free to shop away!

Thanks a mill for the snowflake wreath!

Aw I just realized I never took Ken’s photo when he was on my island and he moved away the other day. I have posters of every villager I’ve had so far. Has anyone Ken’s poster they could send me?

Spent ages trying to get two perfectly proportioned snowballs to make a perfect snowman. Couldn't get them to come together and then accidentally knocked the big one into the little. Now I have a top heavy snowman who's moaning about being on display looking like that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Spent ages trying to get two perfectly proportioned snowballs to make a perfect snowman. Couldn't get them to come together and then accidentally knocked the big one into the little. Now I have a top heavy snowman who's moaning about being on display looking like that!!!

Had the exact same thing happen to me today. I thought for some reason once they were the right proportions it would arrange them the right way once pushed together. Can see myself making a balls of a lot more of these :)

• Advertisement

skerry wrote: »
    Had the exact same thing happen to me today. I thought for some reason once they were the right proportions it would arrange them the right way once pushed together. Can see myself making a balls of a lot more of these :)

We'll have an army of wonky snowmen by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,190 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Finished the fish museum last night. Last to be caught was the stringfish. Nothing happened when I donated it because I had caught sea butterfly but hadn’t donated it. Luckily I had some of them in storage waiting to make a model!

We just need one piece of art (valiant statue) and 2 sea creatures (not available until March) to complete the museum now

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Aw I just realized I never took Ken’s photo when he was on my island and he moved away the other day. I have posters of every villager I’ve had so far. Has anyone Ken’s poster they could send me?

I will get that poster for you and send it over now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My Christmas market, tree farm and reindeer stable are ready and waiting for some festive DIYs to come along for the finishing touches :D And have a penguin villager moving in too.

Managed to make a perfect snowboy today too! Found a YouTube video showing a trick using paths. Can be fiddly with the angles alright, my husband tried for ages yesterday and it didn't work.

Star Lord wrote: »
    I will get that poster for you and send it over now!

You’re an absolute star - thanks a mill! I was raging with myself that I’d missed one!

Got a perfect snowman today - only took about 3 goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

I don’t think the perfect snowmen look perfect at all, a smaller head would look better :pac:
    I spent ages today switching out fruit trees for evergreens in my town centre so I can have lights. Planted lots of saplings, then realised they might not be full size by 15th (i think that’s when we get lights), so I ate a ton of apples and dug up full trees from my forest and replaced then with saplings. Instant full grown evergreens in my town. If they don’t all get lights I’m going to be pretty pissed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Dodge wrote: »
    Finished the fish museum last night. Last to be caught was the stringfish. Nothing happened when I donated it because I had caught sea butterfly but hadn’t donated it. Luckily I had some of them in storage waiting to make a model!

We just need one piece of art (valiant statue) and 2 sea creatures (not available until March) to complete the museum now

It's a bit disappointing you don't get some sort of reward for finishing out the museum sections, those plaques you got on stamp day would've been a good reward for completing sections instead

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭tbahh

I've opened up island for a little while as I do chores. Celebratory candle on sale in Nooks. There are some flowers if you want to water but don't worry if not! Iay be away from switch!

Cannot get the hang of these snowboys at all. Reckon I have stock piles of snowflakes after Christmas and no recipes

Cannot get the hang of these snowboys at all. Reckon I have stock piles of snowflakes after Christmas and no recipes

The method I found online and that worked for me today is, once you start rolling with your hands count to 17 for the big ball and 12 for the small snowball.
    I also saw another method where you roll the large ball until your start to struggle and roll the small one until the height is up to your person's earlobe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

There are videos online, but basically the head has to be just 10% smaller than the body. It doesn’t matter what size you roll them as long as they’re in that proportion.

The trick I used was get both balls to the max size. Then lay 10 paths or customs patterns in a straight line. Put one ball at the end, then roll the other ball over the 10 paths and push onto the big ball and it will have gotten smaller by the perfect amount.

I had to move some trees to get the space but it worked.

My method is to roll it until it’s about the same size as my character’s eye line

Then hope the second one is about 90% of that. Ha

Thanks for all the advice lads. I'll give it another go tomorrow. Seem a website recommend small one up to your ear and bigger one up to eye so was aiming for that. Kicked 3 of them off a cliff before I even got to roll it, had to reload a few times.

Any tips for getting island to 3 stars. I've been flat out building bridges and inclines the last week but don't think I have enough villagers and the tips are vague enough for island improvement

Loving the crunch of snow underfoot at the moment. Winter definitely my favourite season in it so far

Thanks for all the advice lads. I'll give it another go tomorrow. Seem a website recommend small one up to your ear and bigger one up to eye so was aiming for that. Kicked 3 of them off a cliff before I even got to roll it, had to reload a few times.

Any tips for getting island to 3 stars. I've been flat out building bridges and inclines the last week but don't think I have enough villagers and the tips are vague enough for island improvement

Loving the crunch of snow underfoot at the moment. Winter definitely my favourite season in it so far

If you ask Isabelle what your rating is she should tell you what you need to do to improve it, invite more villagers, more trees, more decorations.

If I remember back to that stage, Isabelle was all about fences?

Do you still the sagittarius recipe Holly? I’ve shooting stars tonight and might be able to open up

Dodge wrote: »
    Do you still the sagittarius recipe Holly? I’ve shooting stars tonight and might be able to open up

Hiya, yes! Still missing it. I haven’t been able to play much in the evenings for the last while. If Celeste turns up I’d love to pop over!

Ok Celeste here for the meteor shower

I’ll be open for about an hour or so

Dodo code - LCF0L

Take any DIYs, shop away etc

• Advertisement

I'm totally confused from reading and maybe someone here can help...... When will I be able to start collecting ornaments? Isabelle hasn't made the announcement yet about decorating a tree?

Advertisement