Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid non-essential travel !!!

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Not going now obviously but would rather go somewhere different later in the year and not go near Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Gael23 wrote: »
    Not going now obviously but would rather go somewhere different later in the year and not go near Italy

So you're not being "forced" like you claim

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    So you're not being "forced" like you claim

I would rather just get a refund and forget the holiday. But I have to take a flight to Rome Witt Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Gael23 wrote: »
    But I have to take a flight to Rome Witt Ryanair

No one has to take a flight to Rome, unless you're Italian, and a medical professional who is actually needed in Italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    No one has to take a flight to Rome, unless you're Italian, and a medical professional who is actually needed in Italy?

No what s/he means that in the future, they can't change their flight to another destination.
    I don't understand why you can't get a refund?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

No what s/he means that in the future, they can't change their flight to another destination.
    I don't understand why you can't get a refund?

I changed a Ryanair flight to a completely different destination recently.

As per the terms and conditions of the ticket as sold, no refunds can be given, I got a refund with Easyjet, but Ryanair and others don't do refunds..

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I changed a Ryanair flight to a completely different destination recently.

As per the terms and conditions of the ticket as sold, no refunds can be given, I got a refund with Easyjet, but Ryanair and others don't do refunds..
    But if the flight has been cancelled, you'll get a refund.

Just to dispel any fear here.
    I was due to take an Easter flight with Ryanair to the Canaries.
    I got an email today to say that my flight was cancelled.
    I had the option to fill out a very brief and easy form to request a refund or I had the option to get in touch with customer care for a reschedule to the same or another destination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I have a trip booked with RA to Bergamo May 2nd till the 9th. Obviously my trip is off. Finally after years got a good deal in Bella Italia. Honestly though my heart is breaking for Italy, family and I have holidayed there 7 times in the last 16 years. I love the country and the people. If I were religious I would pray every day for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

Just FYI, back from fuverventura, lucky to get home. Absolute chaos at the airport. Everything in Fuerteventura locked down and i mean everything. Do not book or travel until things cool down. I have never seen airports as stressed as this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

6541 wrote: »
    Just FYI, back from fuverventura, lucky to get home. Absolute chaos at the airport. Everything in Fuerteventura locked down and i mean everything. Do not book or travel until things cool down. I have never seen airports as stressed as this.

Have to ask ,why did you go?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tombrown

My AirBnB refund came through today - its quite novel to see my credit card statement in the black, and it will et even more when I get my €2K back from RyanAir. Given there is sweet FA to spend money on at home, I expect no angst from Mastercard for the next couple of months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

The riots stopped did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭6541

The riots stopped did they?

people were fighting at the airport, seats a premium. very bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

people were fighting at the airport, seats a premium. very bad.

Were these the same people you reported as rioting in the streets last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Did you swim there from Lanzarote?
    I am meant to go to Lanzarote for Paddys week. Dont know what to do.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112646191

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

coylemj wrote: »

Boom!

Advertisement