Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lunab

Ok thank you did it take long for you to get a reply to your email. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Clarkeel

Lunab wrote: »
    Ok thank you did it take long for you to get a reply to your email. Thanks

I emailed them Friday evening and they replied Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shrugh8p

Notified yesterday and interview is the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Has anybody any idea if they started interviews for Longford yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ladz

Yukuza2008 wrote: »

just posted about longford yesterday up there ^^^^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It's worth saying again people have had their interviews or even job offers cancelled after making it possible to link a boards account to an interviewee through saying your number or when your interview is.

Saying something racist, sexist or anything else online even if there is some truth to it is enough to fail your probation, so be careful linking your post history to your application. PAS do check this thread regularly and the Work & Jobs forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

GarIT wrote: »
    It's worth saying again people have had their interviews or even job offers cancelled after making it possible to link a boards account to an interviewee through saying your number or when your interview is.

Saying something racist, sexist or anything else online even if there is some truth to it is enough to fail your probation, so be careful linking your post history to your application. PAS do check this thread regularly and the Work & Jobs forum.

Jesus, the modern world. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fred123456

Hi Does anyone have any knowledge of the specific interview questions that are likely to be asked in an interview for a Clerical Officer Portal Inspector (at Dublin Port)??? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭ShellBell89

I believe there has still been some movement on the 2018 panel. I was contacted about a position a few weeks ago. I was so surprised, wasn't expecting it. I must have been one of the last hired off the 2018 panel. I didn't want to post anything until it was more official. This must also be why there hasn't been much movement on the 2020 campaign yet.

Yeah, I've heard of ppl being taken off the 2018 panel in the last few weeks.

Fred123456 wrote: »
    Hi Does anyone have any knowledge of the specific interview questions that are likely to be asked in an interview for a Clerical Officer Portal Inspector (at Dublin Port)??? Thanks!

I wonder how many Freds are in the less than 100 people being interviewed for Dublin Port and how PAS feels knowing one of them is publicly looking to cheat in the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I wonder how many Freds are in the less than 100 people being interviewed for Dublin Port and how PAS feels knowing one of them is publicly looking to cheat in the interview.

Asking for advice on what likely questions to prepare for is not cheating. It's good interview prep.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Anybody know if your OOM changes after interview for this competition as in the 2018 one, or is it a pass/fail situation? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

That’s pretty silly, what if someone lies about their OOM here? Are you saying the person who really is that number would be ruled out just because someone posted it on Boards, claiming that it’s theirs?

They’d want to have fairly solid proof before ruling someone out like that, and not just them posting an OOM or asking question about an interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Blubelle18 wrote: »
    Anybody know if your OOM changes after interview for this competition as in the 2018 one, or is it a pass/fail situation? Thanks.

OOM changes after interview AFAIK, my OOM dropped anyway. I presume it could also go the opposite direction too based on interview performance.

shmeee wrote: »
    OOM changes after interview AFAIK, my OOM dropped anyway. I presume it could also go the opposite direction too based on interview performance.

Have you done an interview for the 2020 competition? I know it changed based on performance for the 2018 competition. Just wondering have they changed the format this time as they're only interviewing small batches at a time.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Asking for advice on what likely questions to prepare for is not cheating. It's good interview prep.

I think asking about the specific questions is a little different in an interview where there are set questions and the answers to the questions are graded in the same way a written questions would be in an exam.

Gives an unfair advantage when one person knows word for word the questions they will be asked and possibly the answer being looked for and another doesn't have a clue.

There was one case where the interview was rewritten overnight and and the new interview issued to the interviers without any time for prep the next morning as the script was shared on boards the evening before.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    That’s pretty silly, what if someone lies about their OOM here? Are you saying the person who really is that number would be ruled out just because someone posted it on Boards, claiming that it’s theirs?

They’d want to have fairly solid proof before ruling someone out like that, and not just them posting an OOM or asking question about an interview.

I'm not sure, I'd imagine they do have to have solid proof, someone could share their OOM in one thread, the town or estate they live in in another thread, employment history in another, it's not too hard to prove who someone is depending on their boards history. I've seen more cases with twitter and facebook but have heard boards has happened a few times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Carmol123

Yukuza2008 wrote: »

Not started yet in lonford got email from them on Tuesday advising same

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Anyone called for interview for Dublin yet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Have you done an interview for the 2020 competition? I know it changed based on performance for the 2018 competition. Just wondering have they changed the format this time as they're only interviewing small batches at a time.

No, 2018 I was referring to sorry.

But surely if you mess up at interview you have to drop places. Or else knock em dead, you will jump places.

shmeee wrote: »
    No, 2018 I was referring to sorry.

But surely if you mess up at interview you have to drop places. Or else knock em dead, you will jump places.

That's why I was wondering as sometimes in these comps it's just a pass or fail and you remain at the same OOM. Anyway time will tell for this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

L390 wrote: »
    Anyone called for interview for Dublin yet ???

Not that I've seen or heard of . OOM 30 ... 🀔🀔 I'd love a job . Any job !!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

That's why I was wondering as sometimes in these comps it's just a pass or fail and you remain at the same OOM. Anyway time will tell for this one!

The TCO2020 was pass or fail . OOM stayed the same. I was top 10 and they have placed 3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fred123456

Does anyone have any knowledge of the specific questions that are likely to be asked in an interview for a Clerical Officer Portal Inspector (at Dublin Port) or been to one of the interview in the past???

The job description is totally different to the "normal" Clerical Officer role, hence my question ...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

Anyone check on movement to interview lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

I checked last week 5 for limerick 3 for tipp these may not be your areas but they are very good to reply if you mail them

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

What email address are you guys using to query panel progression for CO 2020, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

I emailed them at CO2020@publicjobs.ie to ask about Wexford. They've only interviewed 1 so far. Crazy slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭tiny14

What email address are you guys using to query panel progression for CO 2020,

CO2020@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

finla wrote: »
    I emailed them at CO2020@publicjobs.ie to ask about Wexford. They've only interviewed 1 so far. Crazy slow.

Not looking too good for us in Wexford so far!! Hopefully in the next few weeks there might be some movement with new Government etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

pjcpolly wrote: »
    Not looking too good for us in Wexford so far!! Hopefully in the next few weeks there might be some movement with new Government etc

I’ve heard there’s quite a bit of movement in various departments from EO up so hopefully that will pave the way for some clerical recruitment soon in Wexford. Are you high up on the panel?

Advertisement