Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Horseylady wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, just wondering how are ye able to find these things out so I can keep an eye on it myself?

CO2020@publicjobs.ie I emailed yesterday and got a quick response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I think, based off the numbers that have been called for an interview so far, very few people are going to be employed from this 2020 list. Especially now that the panel is only one year instead of two. I am in the mid 100's my county and was hopeful of an interview at the start, but with such low numbers being called, it's getting very unlikely IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lockoo

How long does one have to wait to hear if they get the job, not holding out any hope because of my interview, is it a straight yes or no successful or does everyone called make a panel of OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

New way of recruiting is a disaster. Presume new EO campaign will work the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Vologda69 wrote: »
    New way of recruiting is a disaster. Presume new EO campaign will work the same way.

Anyone know when that might be coming up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Anyone know when that might be coming up ?

The EO is expected in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Notification for interviews for up to the 90s for Dublin. Could be called up to a higher OOM than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

Notification for interviews for up to the 90s for Dublin. Could be called up to a higher OOM than that.

So they have called up to OOM 90 for Dublin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

pconn062 wrote: »
    I think, based off the numbers that have been called for an interview so far, very few people are going to be employed from this 2020 list. Especially now that the panel is only one year instead of two. I am in the mid 100's my county and was hopeful of an interview at the start, but with such low numbers being called, it's getting very unlikely IMO.

Where did it say the panel was only 1 year this time?

Edit: I see now it says May 2021 in the information booklet thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lalalu13

Did anyone hear something back about the Port interviews? I thought they would be faster to give us feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Cindy20201

If you decide to not attend the interview for you first choice, can you still be called to interview for the 2nd county?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Cindy20201 wrote: »
    If you decide to not attend the interview for you first choice, can you still be called to interview for the 2nd county?

Yes just email them and let them know . They will take you off the panel for county 1 and leave you on county 2

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HungrySeagull

Jassgal wrote: »
    So they have called up to OOM 90 for Dublin now?

Not actually interviewed yet but asking if you wanted to be interviewed for that county and that you would be removed from the panel of your other county of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cindy20201 wrote: »

I always thought when you were called to interview, your performance in that interview counted for both counties

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭EO2019

PAS have confirmed that for this panel if you go for interview for a county you will be removed from your other choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Donegal panel is at OOM 4

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭doc22

EO2019 wrote: »
    PAS have confirmed that for this panel if you go for interview for a county you will be removed from your other choice.

Perhaps it the Managers in the given county are making the call to hire you or not. In Dublin managers can't be too selective while in the regions they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

doc22 wrote: »
    Perhaps it the Managers in the given county are making the call to hire you or not. In Dublin managers can't be too selective while in the regions they can.

No. The interviewers alone make that call. They are also not even alowed to make a call, they are told the decision by the marking scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

doc22 wrote: »

From my experience the manager will know very little about you until you arrive at his desk and fill him in yourself after you have started.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ooops..

Did anyone else get a message yesterday regarding from publicjobs regarding upcoming Dublin interviews? Not with an interview date but to confirm I was still interested- with a reply date of 9am this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Ooops.. wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a message yesterday regarding from publicjobs regarding upcoming Dublin interviews? Not with an interview date but to confirm I was still interested- with a reply date of 9am this morning.

Nope I didn’t get one

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ooops..

Just to add, I was advised last week that 56 had been interviewed for the Dublin Region. I am in the late 100's hence my confusion at yesterday's mail..

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lass1

Ooops.. wrote: »
    Just to add, I was advised last week that 56 had been interviewed for the Dublin Region. I am in the late 100's hence my confusion at yesterday's mail..

Fingers crossed for you I’m mid 600

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Just got email for me to confirm I'm still interest in interview for dublin region...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jassgal

L390 wrote: »
    Just got email for me to confirm I'm still interest in interview for dublin region...

Same, but no interview date..wonder when they are going to start actually interviewing

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

If anyone on the Dublin panel is looking for clerical work in a public sector body whilst waiting for interview etc. This may be of interest:

https://www.staffline.ie/job/public-sector-customer-service-administrators/?email_id=142033145&utm_campaign=volcanic-tracking&utm_medium=standard&utm_source=email

At Staffline Recruitment we currently have some exciting opportunities available with our client, a prominent Public Sector body with Dublin City Centre offices. They are seeking to recruit a number of experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Clerical Officers to join their team.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big_Baner

Waterford is at 9 for the OOM panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Galway is 4 oom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭jaffa20

cvb03 wrote: »
    If anyone on the Dublin panel is looking for clerical work in a public sector body whilst waiting for interview etc. This may be of interest:

https://www.staffline.ie/job/public-sector-customer-service-administrators/?email_id=142033145&utm_campaign=volcanic-tracking&utm_medium=standard&utm_source=email

At Staffline Recruitment we currently have some exciting opportunities available with our client, a prominent Public Sector body with Dublin City Centre offices. They are seeking to recruit a number of experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Clerical Officers to join their team.

It's interesting that it says initially fixed term. I wonder could they become permanent. Also, the salary is higher than the permanent entry level roles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

If anyone is interested in EO roles, there is a new thread for

Executive Officer 2020 in the Civil Service - Nationwide

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=114119773

Advertisement