Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

furrybones wrote: »
    Does anyone have the email address for queries on this campaign?

Apologies, I know this has probably been asked many times but I can't find it in the thread.

Its
    CO2020@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Good luck Lady

Does anyone know what batch and OOM number they are on in Co Dublin this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Hi I was batch 23 OOM 22 I was offered DSP last week

When do you start? Do you know how many are in your batch?

Still waiting on my start date and location. I'm not sure on how many batches there are sorry

• Advertisement

May I ask - did you get the offer via email or phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Angela64

Hi I was batch 23 OOM 22 I was offered DSP last week

Congratulations 👠When did you do your interview. I'm batch 24, just wondering how long it might be. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭furrybones

Thank you so much.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Started DSP today. Very nice manager and Staff all very friendly, lot still working from home. Great facilities and location. Was told WFH will be very much an option on permanent basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Angela64

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Started DSP today. Very nice manager and Staff all very friendly, lot still working from home. Great facilities and location. Was told WFH will be very much an option on permanent basis.

Congratulations. How long is it since your interview?

• Advertisement

Angela64 wrote: »
    Congratulations. How long is it since your interview?

Just over 5 weeks. But had to give few weeks notice to previous HSE job. Glad to be joining Civil service

Congrats. Would you have any idea what batch and OOM they are on in Co Dublin today?

Sorry forgot to ask - did you get position via email or phone notification?

I was informed by the messages section on publicjobs.ie

Thank you. My interview date was the 12/04

I was informed by the messages section on publicjobs.ie

Same here. And HR thrn rang me.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jamieon

Could anyone tell me what training measures are in place for new CO's? I'm starting soon and to be honest I dont own a laptop and with the exception of Microsoft word and PowerPoint I wouldnt be the most clued up on the rest of the microsoft package..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

jamieon wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me what training measures are in place for new CO's? I'm starting [HTML][/HTML]soon and to be honest I dont own a laptop and with the exception of Microsoft word and PowerPoint I wouldnt be the most clued up on the rest of the microsoft package..

You are provided with a laptop and any equipment you need( if you are working remotely) . Each department usually has their own systems which they will definitely train you up on. Basic Microsoft skills are fine usually and when you are using keyboard skills everyday it's easy to pick up stuff you're not too sure of. People are very helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and keep a notebook ( you'll also get one at the induction 🙂)to not down notes and questions that come up Hope this helps, best of luck 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jamieon

abbeybella wrote: »
    You are provided with a laptop and any equipment you need( if you are working remotely) . Each department usually has their own systems which they will definitely train you up on. Basic Microsoft skills are fine usually and when you are using keyboard skills everyday it's easy to pick up stuff you're not too sure of. People are very helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and keep a notebook ( you'll also get one at the induction 🙂)to not down notes and questions that come up Hope this helps, best of luck ðŸ‘

Thanks very much for the reply, definitely puts my mind at ease !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mackers10

I’ve just received letter of consideration for CO with county council, pending return of certain documents. Absolutely delighted but need to get all my ducks in a row before getting too excited...

If anyone can offer their knowledge/experience on below questions I’d be so grateful!

When they ask for an original certificate from university, do they mean the cert you get at graduation or academic transcript with results?

(I’ve also to submit my leaving cert so that’ll be a deep dive into the boxes in the attic!)

They’ve asked me to confirm if I wish to be considered by 4th June, so I presume at that point they’ll send more requests for references and medical?

If they do ask for references, would it be written they’d look for, or just contact details?
    And do they usually require current employer for reference? (want to avoid an awkward situation at work if I haven’t handed in notice)

And at what stage of the consideration process is it wise to hand in notice to current job? Don’t want to jump the gun if I’m still at consideration stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Hey guys, I got an email asking to provide documents - one is a reference contact for the last 12 months.

On the Candidate Self-Declaration form there is a page for this, where you can either say if you have changed job since your application and to what and where that is now and a section for Gap in Employment.

What do you put down if you haven't been working for the last 12 months? Does it go into this Gap in Employment part? I have plenty of references including ones I've recently contacted to say they would still provide a reference, would this suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 condubh

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I got an email asking to provide documents - one is a reference contact for the last 12 months.

On the Candidate Self-Declaration form there is a page for this, where you can either say if you have changed job since your application and to what and where that is now and a section for Gap in Employment.

What do you put down if you haven't been working for the last 12 months? Does it go into this Gap in Employment part? I have plenty of references including ones I've recently contacted to say they would still provide a reference, would this suffice?

Yeah that’d just be gap in employment. I’m going through the process now of getting documents across to them, they need your last 12 months to be accounted, for including references from line managers “if any”. Its possible they might not want anything from you at all then in the way of references but idk I’d email them and explain you’ve been out of work but are happy to provide older references from past jobs if they’re needed and see what they say.

I was out of work for 6 months as well, so I had to get a letter from my local welfare office confirming same. I’m also getting a statement from revenue but not entirely sure if they need that or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Swalsh92

Hi I have been given an interview date for next week, I am hoping for some insight into what kind of thing has been asked at recent interviews for this campaign? Would be very grateful for all any advice. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hi123

Hi guys
    I’ve been offered a position in Court Services just wondering has anyone any information about the role... location etc. Awaiting a call from HR

Congrats! May I ask what batch and OOM you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hi123

Congrats! May I ask what batch and OOM you are?

Batch 23 OOM 30. Any other information please.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭furrybones

Contacted PAS to ask about the lifespan of this panel are got a reply saying that campaign was to close in May 2021 but as of yet no date has been finalised so it will continue on for the foreseeable future

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

As a Co who's your boss? Is it your EO...??

• Advertisement

As a Co who's your boss? Is it your EO...??

My boss is an experienced HEO.

Advertisement