Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway COVID-19, local news and discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Any of you notice the COVID App is draining your battery from full to empty in a matter of a few short hours today?

Have it since launch without issue, but today it drained my phone from fully charged to empty in 4 hours.

Samsung popped up a warning identifying the App as the culprit.

Nope, midday at full and currently on 85%.

Government needs to act fast now, things are going to sh1t. We need a full country wide lockdown asap. Everything bar essential shops shops close, give tourists nothing to travel for and force people to stay at home.

Unfortunately that “I told you so” I really hoped I would not have to say is getting close to having to be said. Past an absolutely packed pub beer garden earlier, what the hell is wrong with people that they can’t stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Government needs to act fast now, things are going to sh1t. We need a full country wide lockdown asap. Everything bar essential shops shops close, give tourists nothing to travel for and force people to stay at home.

Unfortunately that “I don’t you so” I really hoped I would not have to say is getting close to having to be said. Past an absolutely packed pub beer garden earlier, what the hell is wrong with people that they can’t stay at home.

They said these figures were expected due to the testing in the meat plants why would you lock down the Country you need to calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Unfortunately that “I don’t you so” I really hoped I would not have to say is getting close to having to be said. Past an absolutely packed pub beer garden earlier, what the hell is wrong with people that they can’t stay at home.

People need to take personal responsibility. If i was going into a packed pub id stop and leave. Its a beautiful day, people shouldnt have to stay at home. Plenty of people will be out today and will properly socially distance. Even you were out. Is it ok for you to be out while you expect everyone else to stay at home?.

Any more importantly these latest outbreaks were in DP locations and in meat factories. We haven't had any in pubs yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

It only take 1

be vigilant

• Advertisement

More hysteria from our resident hermit. Pontificating from your farm is pointless.

110 of the cases are in Kildare, more if you include the 'lockdowned' counties. They were known and expected.

More hysteria from our resident hermit. Pontificating from your farm is pointless.

110 of the cases are in Kildare, more if you include the 'lockdowned' counties. They were known and expected.

Attack the post not the poster, makes you sound needy Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Any of you notice the COVID App is draining your battery from full to empty in a matter of a few short hours today?

Have it since launch without issue, but today it drained my phone from fully charged to empty in 4 hours.

Samsung popped up a warning identifying the App as the culprit.

Didn't experience it myself but there was a thread on the Ireland subreddit with many users expressing the same issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/i5wo9v/covid_app_acting_strange/

Attack the post not the poster, makes you sound needy Ben

Superb irony, congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The weather is magnificent, so of course people are going to be out. The beaches were busy out west today (and the traffic was chronic out beyond Maam Cross - roadworks) but everyone in good spirits and keeping safe from what I could observe.

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote: »
    The weather is magnificent, so of course people are going to be out. The beaches were busy out west today (and the traffic was chronic out beyond Maam Cross - roadworks) but everyone in good spirits and keeping safe from what I could observe.

this is a galway city forum

Gee, really? Another top contribution from your good self.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Didn't experience it myself but there was a thread on the Ireland subreddit with many users expressing the same issue

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/i5wo9v/covid_app_acting_strange/

Looks like Google Services update last night caused it.

94a6d6fe53.JPG

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Looks like Google Services update last night caused it.

94a6d6fe53.JPG

Hopefully it's resolved soon to prevent more people un-installing the app.

Gee, really? Another top contribution from your good self.

Attack the post not the poster, makes you sound needy Joe

Are you a mod here because you act like you are

Attack the post not the poster, makes you sound needy Joe

You don’t see the deep irony in that? I’m not sure why I waste the bandwidth replying, but here it goes, one last time. Someday there might be a post here with your name attached that is worth reading. 1300 posts in and counting, the chances seem very remote.

People need to take personal responsibility. If i was going into a packed pub id stop and leave. Its a beautiful day, people shouldnt have to stay at home. Plenty of people will be out today and will properly socially distance. Even you were out. Is it ok for you to be out while you expect everyone else to stay at home?.

Any more importantly these latest outbreaks were in DP locations and in meat factories. We haven't had any in pubs yet.

Stay at home from pubs, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, clothes shops etc etc and anything else non-essential. Being outside somewhere that you can distance is ok but places like salthill last weekend which I passed though it was very difficult to distance from what I could see.

I drove past the beer garden coming from a food shop btw hardly out and about. Enjoying beers and bbq in the back garden now, most could be doing the same rather than risking restaurants etc. And this is coming from a person who was in the pub twice a week and ate out at least that many times too yet I can manage to stay away.

You don’t see the deep irony in that? I’m not sure why I waste the bandwidth replying, but here it goes, one last time. Someday there might be a post here with your name attached that is worth reading. 1300 posts in and counting, the chances seem very remote.

It's attention seeking, if we all had her on ignore it might make some difference. Just keep reporting maybe.

Someday there might be a post here with your name attached that is worth reading. 1300 posts in and counting.

good detective work

• Advertisement

It's attention seeking, if we all had her on ignore it might make some difference. Just keep reporting maybe.

why do you just assume my gender

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

whereisgalway banned for backseat moderation & ignoring mod instructions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 leocullensface

why do you just assume my gender

If your gender neutral or fluid it’s ok, plenty of people here are racist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭TwoWheeledTim

Christ we're awful fiends for the coffee in Galway...

522486.jpg

https://twitter.com/MissYaBigMan/status/1292149880832569344?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Stay at home from pubs, restaurants, cafes, cinemas, clothes shops etc etc and anything else non-essential. Being outside somewhere that you can distance is ok but places like salthill last weekend which I passed though it was very difficult to distance from what I could see.

I drove past the beer garden coming from a food shop btw hardly out and about. Enjoying beers and bbq in the back garden now, most could be doing the same rather than risking restaurants etc. And this is coming from a person who was in the pub twice a week and ate out at least that many times too yet I can manage to stay away.

Are you not tired of this act by now?

Got to agree with you.

There seems to be attitude that we're done now with the pandemic. Why can't people continue to refrain and adapt, we all adapted great for the first couple of months.

I have an 85 year old grandparent in a nursing home that has been quarantined since early March. They have only been able to get visitors from behind a glass screen recently... but their hearing and sight mean they aren't even aware of the visit. They don't know who is there. They have had to visit the hospital twice (minor falls) and they couldn't have any relative with them on the ambulance and had to stay in their room for 14 days after each time. They haven't seen family in 5 months and they feel abandoned.

We need to crunch the numbers down to near nil so all those still quarantining can reclaim some quality of life. We don't need sit down restaurants, pubs, sit-in cafes, house parties...

Got to agree with you.

There seems to be attitude that we're done now with the pandemic. Why can't people continue to refrain and adapt, we all adapted great for the first couple of months.

I have an 85 year old grandparent in a nursing home that has been quarantined since early March. They have only been able to get visitors from behind a glass screen recently... but their hearing and sight mean they aren't even aware of the visit. They don't know who is there. They have had to visit the hospital twice (minor falls) and they couldn't have any relative with them on the ambulance and had to stay in their room for 14 days after each time. They haven't seen family in 5 months and they feel abandoned.

We need to crunch the numbers down to near nil so all those still quarantining can reclaim some quality of life. We don't need sit down restaurants, pubs, sit-in cafes, house parties...

We all adapted great for the first couple of months because we were locked down now we can go out and do things that are approved by the medics, we cannot go from lock down to lock down the economy will collapse we will have no jobs and people's health will suffer we will crack up, this is going to be with us for years and we will have to find some way around it to carry on as best we can. There have been no reported cases from pubs or restaurants people have lives to live, look at Sweden ten million people no lock down and only 41 cases yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 leocullensface

Storm 10 wrote: »
    There have been no reported cases from pubs or restaurants people have lives to live, look at Sweden ten million people no lock down and only 41 cases yesterday.

There are community transmission from unknown sources.

Normal life and interaction in Sweden is very different to normal life here.

• Advertisement

There are community transmission from unknown sources.

Normal life and interaction in Sweden is very different to normal life here.

We can't stay in lock down for ever it's not going to go anywhere soon just have to get on with life as best we can. They did say no cases from pubs or restaurants could be travel etc

Advertisement