Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,205 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know a retired Pfizer employee who had to drive to Grangecastle in Dublin Tuesday to get done. I think they're offering anyone and everyone tbh.

Was told about a contractor who did the same yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

What about the gang that were protesting!!!
    Might make a trip myself it's being handed out like a brochure at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

leahyl wrote: »
    I know of somone working in Pfizer and pretty sure they got their vaccine a few months ago...

yep, staff got their first jab in mid January

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yeah a relatives a contractor there, he got the jab in January. He has no idea if his family will get it though , from what is being said on site today it looks like it'll be just staff

14 cases in Cork today.
    Fantastic given that today includes a backlog from yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

https://twitter.com/riochtconor2/status/1385263028099297282?s=21

3 lowest figure of the year so far today!! Great news

As far as I can see Cork now has the second lowest incidence

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

14 cases in Cork today.
    Fantastic given that today includes a backlog from yesterday.

How is their backlogs :confused:

Intel has a outbreak cluster of 70 in Leixslip

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How is their backlogs :confused:

Intel has a outbreak cluster of 70 in Leixslip

Backlog of cases
    Delays in approving vaccines/ delivery’s
    Variants (Indian this time)
    Yup we’ve had a full house in the NPHET bingo card this week

It’s almost as if the government are about to announce easing of restrictions..........

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 06/04/2021 to 19/04/2021

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 6 (-2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 16.1 (-5.4)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 7 (-7), LEA rate per 100k pop: 19.9 (-20.1)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 21 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 62 (+9)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9 (-14), LEA rate per 100k pop: 21 (-34)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 20 (-12), LEA rate per 100k pop: 50 (-30)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 20 (-32), LEA rate per 100k pop: 51 (-84)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 8 (-18), LEA rate per 100k pop: 19 (-42)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 21 (+1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 45 (+2)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 30 (+10), LEA rate per 100k pop: 82 (+27)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: 20 (-)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9 (-10), LEA rate per 100k pop: 24 (-28)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 7 (-9), LEA rate per 100k pop: 24 (-31)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 15 (-21), LEA rate per 100k pop: 33 (-44)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 7 (+1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 23.1 (+3)

Really significant improvement county-wide over the last 7 days

• Advertisement

Backlog of cases
    Delays in approving vaccines/ delivery’s
    Variants (Indian this time)
    Yup we’ve had a full house in the NPHET bingo card this week

It’s almost as if the government are about to announce easing of restrictions..........

The Indian variant is now here?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

3 confirmed cases at press conference last Monday evening

3 cases associated with travel. Indian variant isn't a worry anyway so doesn't really matter.

Ya it was headline RTÉ news for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Easily dismissing any variant at this stage would be fool hardy at best if not fatal.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Easily dismissing any variant at this stage would be fool hardy at best if not fatal.
    It's well documented in various sources that it hasn't the mutations necessary for increased transmissibility or vaccine evasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

It's well documented in various sources that it hasn't the mutations necessary for increased transmissibility or vaccine evasion.

That's a roundabout way of admitting you have a hunch but zero knowledge to back it up.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    That's a roundabout way of admitting you have a hunch but zero knowledge to back it up.
    happy reading
    https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1384112892857905154?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

Vaccine registration for 64 year olds opening today, with 63, 62, 61 and 60 year olds each day after. I wonder when 50-59 year olds will be done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Vaccine registration for 64 year olds opening today, with 63, 62, 61 and 60 year olds each day after. I wonder when 50-59 year olds will be done

Wondering the same here. Does anyone know how long it takes from date of registration to date of vaccine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Treehelpplease

The turnover from 65-69 to 60-64 was definitely faster than I expected, hopefully it keeps going like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭sporina

a mate of mine who's 38 got a call from his GP to see if he wants the vaccine next week.. he has a v mild condition of sorts.. wouldn't begrudge him but just shows flaws in the system when there are others who would be higher in the priority list waiting longer than him.. and he didn't ask to be expedited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

I'm now of the opinion that I know way more now that have been fully vaccinated or in process of for multiple reason ( age, job, health reasons, ) than had Covid (I know of 5 people between work and family ) so I am taking that as a positive sign ...

I got my first dose from GP today of Pfizer as I was in category 4 and/or 7, asthmatic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I got my first dose from GP today of Pfizer as I was in category 4 and/or 7, asthmatic

Great to hear JP Liz :)

Huge Q’s outside the City Hall currently.

Another step forward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Was told this morning that my gp still working through the over 70. My parents are probably gonna get this vaccine before me at this stage. They can register next week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Be right back

30 cases in Cork.

30 cases in Cork.

1 death (RIP) 434 cases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭sporina

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Was told this morning that my gp still working through the over 70. My parents are probably gonna get this vaccine before me at this stage. They can register next week

are you hoping to get it sooner than later for medical reasons?

Advertisement