Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

.red. wrote: »
    Would you drink it after somebody took it in their hand, put it to they're face and stuck their nose in it? I wouldn't.
    I'd have asked her for the €2.50 it cost lol.

I was responding to the made up nature of the tweet claiming that the guard was tasting and swigging from drinks. It isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

I was responding to the made up nature of the tweet claiming that the guard was tasting and swigging from drinks. It isn't true.

Not sure how smelling someone’s drink makes it any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not sure how smelling someone’s drink makes it any better.

I made no claim to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

One Life Fitness, which operates gyms on Musgrave Road/Camden Quay & South Terrace, have stated on FB they will reopen on 24 May regardless of what guidelines are in place at the time.

https://www.facebook.com/2233876316629833/photos/a.2358886644128799/4806022356081870

Given the urgency & passion of their statement, it strikes me odd they're giving themselves an entire month to wait to reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,290 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pen Rua wrote: »
    One Life Fitness, which operates gyms on Musgrave Road/Camden Quay & South Terrace, have stated on FB they will reopen on 24 May regardless of what guidelines are in place at the time.

https://www.facebook.com/2233876316629833/photos/a.2358886644128799/4806022356081870

Given the urgency & passion of their statement, it strikes me odd they're giving themselves an entire month to wait to reopen.

Seems wise on their part.. it sounds like the biggest frustration for them was a lack of clarity, rather than necessarily just the restrictions themselves. This way, they provide that clarity for their staff and members, while also allowing enough time that Cork’s most vulnerable and over-60’s should all be vaccinated by then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Empty vessels and noise comes to mind. Some less than flattering reviews on their fb page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭corkie

13 deaths and 371 cases confirmed:

131 in Dublin, 38 in Kildare, 33 in Donegal, 18 in Cork, 17 in Meath and the remaining 134 cases are spread across 17 other counties

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/e6c9b-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-wednesday-28-april/

Strange at 18 where 4 in the top list.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

corkie wrote: »
    13 deaths and 371 cases confirmed:

131 in Dublin, 38 in Kildare, 33 in Donegal, 18 in Cork, 17 in Meath and the remaining 134 cases are spread across 17 other counties

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/e6c9b-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-wednesday-28-april/

Strange at 18 where 4 in the top list.

From school cluster outbreak?

RIP those 13

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Today’s numbers show that 20,498 were tested with only 439 positive cases. That’s represents a positivity rate of just 2.1% the lowest since November 30th 2020.

Fantastic news on the eve of the announcements on easing of restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    From school cluster outbreak?

RIP those 13

the schools outbreaks would pronbably account for the Cork ones anyway. The bulk of the tipperary and offaly cases too would be from schools in nenagh and other villages around and the big load in school in edenderry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Empty vessels and noise comes to mind. Some less than flattering reviews on their fb page.

They took over River's Edge Fitness on Sullvian's Quay just before the pandemic. It went from a brilliant, welcoming gym to a total kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Seems wise on their part.. it sounds like the biggest frustration for them was a lack of clarity, rather than necessarily just the restrictions themselves. This way, they provide that clarity for their staff and members, while also allowing enough time that Cork’s most vulnerable and over-60’s should all be vaccinated by then.

I mean the guards will have it closed within an hour and owner will end up with a nice fine so not sure it's that wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Cork2021

CUH is now covid free as of this evenings HSE operations report 1 patient in the Mercy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Cork2021 wrote: »
    CUH is now covid free as of this evenings HSE operations report 1 patient in the Mercy!
    what a county

• Registered Users Posts: 31,290 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

titan18 wrote: »
    I mean the guards will have it closed within an hour and owner will end up with a nice fine so not sure it's that wise.

I mean saying a time in the future rather than now.

They’ll still be closed down if restrictions haven’t changed by then, but by giving it a month it gives them a little more leverage in terms of a reasonable reopening, and perhaps helps sway the decision in their direction. Maybe it’ll work, maybe it won’t, but reopening now would definitely have failed.

(My post was in reply to someone finding it odd that they were leaving it a month)

37 cases today.

I'm aware of a significant cluster on Mardyke Walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

474 cases.
    37 in Cork.
    3 deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

37 cases today.

My mother in law lives over there - any idea what the cluster is related to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

37 cases today.

All those coffee huts :pac:

Is there a particular residence along there that might be part of it?

COVID-19 14-day incidence rates per 100,000 population by Local Electoral Area (LEA), Cork 13/04/2021 to 26/04/2021

Bandon-Kinsale - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 5 (-1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 13 (-3)

Bantry-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Carrigaline - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 6 (-1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 17 (-3)

Cobh - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 27 (+6), LEA rate per 100k pop: 79 (+17)

Cork City North East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 9 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: 21 (-)

Cork City North West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 27 (+7), LEA rate per 100k pop: 67 (+17)

Cork City South Central - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 10 (-10), LEA rate per 100k pop: 26 (-25)

Cork City South East - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 7 (-1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 16 (-3)

Cork City South West - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 20 (-1), LEA rate per 100k pop: 43 (-2)

Fermoy - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 25 (-5), LEA rate per 100k pop: 69 (-13)

Kanturk - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Macroom - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 7 (-2), LEA rate per 100k pop: 19 (-5)

Mallow - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 10 (+3), LEA rate per 100k pop: 24 (+10)

Midleton - Confirmed Cases in LEA: 54 (+39), LEA rate per 100k pop: 119 (+86)

Skibbereen-West Cork - Confirmed Cases in LEA: <5 (-), LEA rate per 100k pop: <5 (-)

Almost all cases in last week from Midleton LEA.

• Advertisement

Cork Lass wrote: »
    My mother in law lives over there - any idea what the cluster is related to?
    Heard that there was 150 students from Kerry who had a big party together.

Oh, she was hardly at that - she's 84 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

37 cases today.

That's a big figure

Hopefully that cluster is contained

37 cases today.

474 cases.
    37 in Cork.
    3 deaths.

Those students never learn :mad: I hope they are fined and their colleges punish them too

How is Midleton so high?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

All those coffee huts :pac:

Is there a particular residence along there that might be part of it?
    I passed it the other day and it was packed.

MM even sounds hopeful, his first address with a "plan", it will be nice to have some normality and restrictions lifted, may the force of hope be with us all :p

Those students never learn :mad: I hope they are fined and their colleges punish them too

How is Midleton so high?
    Youghal.

MM even sounds hopeful, his first address with a "plan", it will be nice to have some normality and restrictions lifted, may the force of hope be with us all :p

Yes, and those aged 50-59 will be invited to register for a vaccine next week.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Oh, she was hardly at that - she's 84 :D

She has had her vaccine, so you never know ;)

Advertisement