Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

What about penny’s??

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

10 further COVID19 related deaths are being reported today (RIP)

The HPSC confirms they have been notified of a further 426 cases of COVID19 in the Republic of Ireland

16 of the cases reported today are in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

The secondary school in Youghal remained closed today due to an outbreak of covid.

Are any other schools in Cork experiencing an outbreak?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The secondary school in Youghal remained closed today due to an outbreak of covid.

I thought it reopened today?

ACE, you are right. It did re-open.

• Advertisement

My 69 year-old neighbour received his vaccine last week in Pairc Uí Chaoimh.
    What age are now being vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My 64 year old mother is getting hers on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Beaumont Girls Ns;, Scoil an spioraid naoimh (Bishopstown) St. Fergal's National School,Killeagh; Gaelscoil Chorain (Youghal) and St Brigids Primary in
    Midleton are some of those mentioned

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    What about penny’s??

I think mid May for Penneys

My 69 year-old neighbour received his vaccine last week in Pairc Uí Chaoimh.
    What age are now being vaccinated?
    60 year olds registered today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

My Brother is 67, he'll be 68 in July and is getting his first jab in City Hall on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Offaly primary school closes as 23 Covid cases confirmed.... RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

My mum is 67 registered on the day (Saturday) the portal opened up for her age group and she’s heard nothing yet- beyond frustrating as medically she is high risk

My mum is 67 registered on the day (Saturday) the portal opened up for her age group and she’s heard nothing yet- beyond frustrating as medically she is high risk

Did she contact her GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Icantthinkof1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did she contact her GP?

She did, her GP told her they’re no longer giving vaccinations to those aged 60-69. They are only giving vaccines to the medically vulnerable outside that age group as per the HSE guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

She did, her GP told her they’re no longer giving vaccinations to those aged 60-69. They are only giving vaccines to the medically vulnerable outside that age group as per the HSE guidelines

My Brother is 67 he is 68 in July not medically vulnerable and he is being vaccinated on Friday in City Hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

68yo father signed himself and then my mother (64) up a few days after. Mother is being vaccinated tomorrow and no sign of him getting one yet. (??)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

One of my colleagues phoned to ask & it's pretty much random order once you're registered she was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Totally agree, my bro-in-law is 67, registered on opening day(69 year olds) and recieved his first dose last thursday. Only good thing about it he was sick as a dog for two days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dad got his second dose today (76)! That's one parent down! My mum gets her second dose on 14th :)

• Advertisement

It all depends on your location. Dublin is flying through it because the Citywest is the biggest MVC in the country. If your nearest MVC is Pairc Ui Chaoimh for example, and it's super busy for next week, you'll be delayed getting an appointment. Just how it works unfortunately.

Can you contact her nearest vaccine centre and even again the GP that she is high risk, I hope she gets soon

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭newuser99999

Pop up testing site opening in Midleton GAA on Friday. Will run for three days, April 30th, May 1st and May 2nd from 11am to 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm not having a go at any particular poster here but I can't help feeling that this thread will become very tedious if every poster decides to tell us when they've gotten their vaccination or when their parents, siblings or friends have gotten them.

Up to now, it's been grand as it's still relatively novel, but I fear where this thread is going: endless posts of "I got my jab", "I haven't got mine yet and I'm 100". "I waited 5 minutes, it was great", "I queued for hours, it's a disgrace, Joe".

Am I alone here?

I'm not having a go at any particular poster here but I can't help feeling that this thread will become very tedious if every poster decides to tell us when they've gotten their vaccination or when their parents, siblings or friends have gotten them.

Up to now, it's been grand as it's still relatively novel, but I fear where this thread is going: endless posts of "I got my jab", "I haven't got mine yet and I'm 100". "I waited 5 minutes, it was great", "I queued for hours, it's a disgrace, Joe".

Am I alone here?
    no you are not, the outrage is very predictable and tedious

Looks like someone smelling something to me.

no you are not, the outrage is very predictable and tedious

Not just the outrage.
    The pointless information, really.

I understand that getting the vaccination is a big deal for people but everyone telling us about it will be very tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭.red.

Looks like someone smelling something to me.

Would you drink it after somebody took it in their hand, put it to they're face and stuck their nose in it? I wouldn't.
    I'd have asked her for the €2.50 it cost lol.

Advertisement