Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

it's well documented that saturday is the last day of the rollout week and is built for leftovers, sunday is when deliveries arrive and monday is when they're delivered. no clue why this has to be repeated every time :rolleyes:

Wouldn’t that make Sunday the last day of the rollout week?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

it's well documented that saturday is the last day of the rollout week and is built for leftovers, sunday is when deliveries arrive and monday is when they're delivered. no clue why this has to be repeated every time :rolleyes:

I know I shouldn't, but.....

Sunday is when deliveries arrive where?
    And what's the difference in the Monday deliveries?

I wouldn't be hiring you for any sort of efficient supply chain gig anyway.... Holy shi.t

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Mardyke wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't, but.....

Sunday is when deliveries arrive where?
    And what's the difference in the Monday deliveries?

I wouldn't be hiring you for any sort of efficient supply chain gig anyway.... Holy shi.t
    Sundays they arrive at the cold chain centre in Dublin. Monday they are dispatched to MVCs, GPs etc. Bulk of vaccinations then begin on Tuesday. That's it in basic terms, it's better explained in the vaccine thread

okedoke wrote: »
    Wouldn’t that make Sunday the last day of the rollout week?
    Sunday is the first, they arrive on a sunday

I presume that 4.5 day vaccine week (Tues-Fri + leftovers on Saturday) is only because of supply constraints atm?

• Advertisement

I presume that 4.5 day vaccine week (Tues-Fri + leftovers on Saturday) is only because of supply constraints atm?
    Yes

Fair enough then

• Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Father registered Saturday morning, getting his vaccine Wednesday morning in City Hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Stark wrote: »
    Father registered Saturday morning, getting his vaccine Wednesday morning in City Hall.

Oh that’s great! Good news for you.

My dad registered this morning, will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭opus

Good news! That's way faster than I'd have expected, gives me a bit of optimism for actually reaching that 80% target sometime in June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

My father is the same! He is delighted - my Mother, on the other hand, is up the walls with fear because he is getting astrazeneca.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭sporina

both parents fully vaccinated - phew..

• Registered Users Posts: 31,290 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

My Dad (68) is getting his first dose on Thursday in City Hall - huge relief! Still no word on my mother (66) though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭corkie

20/04 Covid-19: 390 additional cases, 11 further deaths

9 cases in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

corkie wrote: »
    20/04 Covid-19: 390 additional cases, 11 further deaths

9 cases in Cork

Good low Cork numbers but hate any deaths

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭whatever76

my god India not in a good place from latest news reports - scary !

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

The death rate has come down considerably as the over 80s are fully vaccinated.

The majority of deaths notified today occurred weeks ago.

Of the 11 deaths - 1 occurred in January, 4 in February, 2 in March and just 4 occurred in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

On the face of things (not with standing the delay in reports) that does not appear to be the case. On April 1st Ireland had 350,000 more vaccines in storage then administered. Upto April 18th (last day of information we have) we had administered, in total, 340,000 vaccines in the month of April. We were told at the end of March supply’s would ramp up significantly circa 800,000 in the month of April in total. So technically every Vaccine that has been delivered this month is not after getting administered from the projected 800,000. Whilst issues around supply obviously occur, we certainly aren’t administering them any where near as quickly as we could be. Talking about holding them back for second doses etc is just spin to save face. We were promised capacity to do 250,000 jabs a week not including the additional doses Pfizer promised the EU for delivery in April. The next vaccine delivery update will be very interesting unless we’ve knocked it out of the park the last 2 days on the administration of vaccines id be expecting to see big numbers of vaccines in storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/riochtconor2/status/1384912792462020610?s=21

Of the 187 deaths reported this month, 48 occurred in April - 26%.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I'm just off the phone with my mother - my father was scheduled to get his vaccine at 3:55pm in the city hall. He had to stand outside in the sun in a huge queue until 6pm. There was a huge delay. He's absolutely wrecked. I don't know what they would have done if it had been raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm from North Cork and our vaccine center is Mallow.
    People aged between 65 and and 69 are being told they'll be waiting a few weeks before they'll get an appointment.

* Others may be different tough.

With the news Pfizer are soon to vaccinate their staff and family (and J&J have a similar plan) I’m wondering who will be administering the vaccines considering the hoops CPL & HSE are making people jump through to work in MVC’s? Is their a private company they can hire to do it? Or will they need assistance from the HSE and “hire” a MVC to carry it out?

I’ve no issues with Pfizer or J&J doing this as it’s not affecting the projected numbers due to the EU but curious as to who will carry out the jabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

With the news Pfizer are soon to vaccinate their staff and family (and J&J have a similar plan) I’m wondering who will be administering the vaccines considering the hoops CPL & HSE are making people jump through to work in MVC’s? Is their a private company they can hire to do it? Or will they need assistance from the HSE and “hire” a MVC to carry it out?

I’ve no issues with Pfizer or J&J doing this as it’s not affecting the projected numbers due to the EU but curious as to who will carry out the jabs?

Most big pharma companies have lots of trained medical personal on their books.

Factories have a nurse in part time doing annual Medical’s for staff. And a doctor that might do a day a week reviewing tests and results for all staff, so presumably the nurse will.

Pfizer are doing all their vaccinations in some site in Dublin currently. There may have been local rollout previously.

Jnj are not currently offering their staff vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I know of somone working in Pfizer and pretty sure they got their vaccine a few months ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

leahyl wrote: »
    I know of somone working in Pfizer and pretty sure they got their vaccine a few months ago...

Yea, all staff and contractors on site got done a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I wonder if this rollout in pfizer is just staff or does it also include the contractors, would be brilliant if it was both, move people thousands of people up the queue for the national rollout.

I know a retired Pfizer employee who had to drive to Grangecastle in Dublin Tuesday to get done. I think they're offering anyone and everyone tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I know a retired Pfizer employee who had to drive to Grangecastle in Dublin Tuesday to get done. I think they're offering anyone and everyone tbh.

What about the gang that were protesting!!!

Advertisement