Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

keep the head down, say nothing...

Say nattin to no-one about nattin sham !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

With the amount of tests being done in Limerick I would not be surprised if we see some next week

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Treepole wrote: »
    11 cases to be announced for Limerick tonight out of 196.
    Not too bad, after no cases yesterday.

Have today's number been released already?

Have today's number been released already?

There are daily leaks in the main thread around lunchtime

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

kilburn wrote: »
    With the amount of tests being done in Limerick I would not be surprised if we see some next week

It's not the number of tests that bring restrictions, it's the number of positive tests, which is running at around 1.5% of tests.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just had to get my 7 year old tested. He probably has a chest infection but I rang our GP this morning and he was tested in the last hour. 99.9% sure we both had it in March and he's so congested and phlegmy I'm almost completely sure it will be negative. Hopefully we'll get the results soon so we can stop isolating.

It's not the number of tests that bring restrictions, it's the number of positive tests, which is running at around 1.5% of tests.

Obviously fully aware of that but thanks for pointing it out.

My point is there is no smoke without fire.

The HSE are not going to add a new drive in test centre on Mulgrave St and open a mobile center in Rathkeale for nothing.

Quick turnaround we rang Tuesday and got appointment for today.

Hopefully it's a chest infection

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Quick turnaround we rang Tuesday and got appointment for today.

Incredibly fast. My GP called me at 11.28 and the text for the test arrived at 11.35. Appointment at 4.40. I guess the new test centre has sped things up for testing. Hopefully the results will be quick too but if there are a lot of swabs being sent in it might make things slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

iguana wrote: »
    Incredibly fast. My GP called me at 11.28 and the text for the test arrived at 11.35. Appointment at 4.40. I guess the new test centre has sped things up for testing. Hopefully the results will be quick too but if there are a lot of swabs being sent in it might make things slower.

I rang my gp yesterday morning as I have had two symptoms since last weekend, gp said they would put me forward for a test. Haven't heard anything since

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Obviously fully aware of that but thanks for pointing it out.

My point is there is no smoke without fire.

The HSE are not going to add a new drive in test centre on Mulgrave St and open a mobile center in Rathkeale for nothing.

The Rathkeale one is only there for one day.

Not really the point though, my point was they wouldn't put it there if they didn't think there was a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Treepole wrote: »
    HSE have announced a pop-up covid testing centre in Rathkeale tomorrow. No appointment needed.
    Has to be unlikely they would put us into lockdown now, Dublin considerably worse than us and if we went, Kildare and Leitrim would go too

Rathkeale for lockdown if cases high and spreading?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 24,768 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Well would you stay there any longer than that

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Ever see the Simpsons Movie......

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Ah now, sham, Rathkeale isn't that bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

Ah now, sham, Rathkeale isn't that bad...

Anyone hear the limerick doctor on Morning Ireland earlier?
    What was she saying? a Dr Murphy I think?

210 nationally

10 in limerick
    120 Dublin
    17 Louth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Glenomra

210 nationally

10 in limerick
    120 Dublin
    17 Louth
    so Limerick's percentage case numbers correspond closely with its percentage of the population of the Republic.............. so why all the calls for a Limerick lockdown. Prejudice??????????

Glenomra wrote: »
    so Limerick's percentage case numbers correspond closely with its percentage of the population of the Republic.............. so why all the calls for a Limerick lockdown. Prejudice??????????

I'd have thought Kildare was more likely than we are to go back in to lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Glenomra wrote: »

One question mark gets your point across, by the way.

The nature of our outbreaks and spread from index is why there is calls for a Limerick 'lockdown'. Not "Prejudice??????????????????".

I think the talk of a limerick lockdown has quelled a bit in the last 24 hours
    seems to be all Dublin Dublin Dublin now

Glenomra wrote:

Ridiculous comment it's a pandemic not d4 media bashing Limerick

Was it prejudice for the other counties locked down earlier.

I think the talk of a limerick lockdown has quelled a bit in the last 24 hours
    seems to be all Dublin Dublin Dublin now

Ya we were on the cusp but numbers havnt been increasing so Ide say we have dodged it for now

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ya we were on the cusp but numbers havnt been increasing so Ide say we have dodged it for now

Big numbers attended the one-day Covid-19 testing centre in Rathkeale yesterday . I say expect a big increase early next week

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    Big numbers attended the one-day Covid-19 testing centre in Rathkeale yesterday . I say expect a big increase early next week

Ya but they will take that into account. Its the number of close contacts any positive has that could screw it for us though

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ya but they will take that into account. Its the number of close contacts any positive has that could screw it for us though

And that's going to be the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

What are UL doing? Students are just on campus for 3 weeks over the term. Madness. They will travel from all over the country because it is not worth staying in Limerick for the whole term possibly bringing virus with them. They will party like mad for the week and then go back home to their elderly parents distributing the virus through the country to the most vulnerable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement