Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Once you pass Munchins, you are in Clare
    simple!!
    Tesco, Mughals etc, all Clare
    The county boundary runs though the center of the river, so once you cross the river you're in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The county boundary runs though the center of the river, so once you cross the river you're in Clare.

You can share your map if it helps !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

maebee wrote: »
    I've been living in Corbally for the past 35 years and I still don't know if I live in Limerick or Clare :)

Depends on what side of Athlunkard bridge you live

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭SEORG

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Pretty much what I said so, no.....??
    Munchins practically on the bridge, bar the arse end of the irish estates and that old vagabond house at the pedestrian crossing that people sometimes mysteriously appear out of!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door
    Let it go (go, go, go go, go go, go go, go, go, go go)
    Let it go
    Let it go
    Let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

geotrig wrote: »
    The thing is we know that there has been over *** amount of cases (i cant remember how many now ):p the last 2 weeks. So we know there is a surge in limerick and surrounding area's breaking it down wont actually solve anything as it will just give some people the excuse " well it a certain part of the city i'll just keep away from there " etc its surging here and we know how we should be behaving ,unfortunately some wont behave accordingly .I think our social distancing has become nearly non-existent bar queuing and that is hit and miss depending who is queuing around you at times

I'm not disputing that there's been a surge in cases, but the news outlets showing countrywide breakdowns of X cases in meat plants/DP/nursing homes etc will just fuel speculation that Y of those are almost certainly definitely probably Limerick because Mary's brother Johnny's son heard of a case at work so the number increasing in factories/nursing homes/garda stations etc since the last article must be a Limerick case.

At least showing Limerick/Munster had no new cases in a certain section eliminates the speculation.

SEORG wrote:
    Google maps

Private joke but thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

kilburn wrote: »
    Have they released a statement?

Doubtful, don't think they'd have social media. You're not talking about your Pikes, Janesboro or Regional. Small club that's mostly a family ran club. So rethinking the proper club or group of friends question, you could say it's both. Similar to Arthlunkard Villa.

I'm not disputing that there's been a surge in cases, but the news outlets showing countrywide breakdowns of X cases in meat plants/DP/nursing homes etc will just fuel speculation that Y of those are almost certainly definitely probably Limerick because Mary's brother Johnny's son heard of a case at work so the number increasing in factories/nursing homes/garda stations etc since the last article must be a Limerick case.

At least showing Limerick/Munster had no new cases in a certain section eliminates the speculation.

Don;t trust that fellah atall !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭adaminho

Doubtful, don't think they'd have social media. You're not talking about your Pikes, Janesboro or Regional. Small club that's mostly a family ran club. So rethinking the proper club or group of friends question, you could say it's both. Similar to Arthlunkard Villa.

Just to confirm, It's not Athlunkard Villa! JohnnyRyan89 is only giving an example.

Would be nice to know who it was though

If it's alright with the mods I'll post the name of the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Just a kick about then?

0 cases in Limerick today
    Less than Kildare 2 days in a row
    Yet again NPHET refuse to answer questions on limerick at presser

• Registered Users Posts: 25,050 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I dont see any reason for a club to not have at least a facebook or twiter these days

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I dont see any reason for a club to not have at least a facebook or twiter these days

Seems they have a personal Facebook page, quite a few clubs only have them, especially ones that don't have underage teams.

If they are still playing games after members tested positive says it all really

The complete lack of respect people are showing for others is quite astonishing.

I know for a fact a family tested positive and saw them in Supermacs last week Jesus wept what is wrong with people

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

If they are still playing games after members tested positive says it all really

The complete lack of respect people are showing for others is quite astonishing.

I know for a fact a family tested positive and saw them in Supermacs last week Jesus wept what is wrong with people

That's awful! Um which Supermac's?

Going by the junior soccer website they've no games this week, and haven't played in two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭geotrig

Can you report it and did you ?Even if it was to the management at supermacs where you saw them ?

geotrig wrote:
    Can you report it and did you ?Even if it was to the management at supermacs where you saw them ?

I was in drive thru which narrows it down for everyone saw them as I was driving out.

If there was a facility to report I would.

But I haven't seen the test results so not sure how appropriate it would be to March up to management to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭geotrig

I was in drive thru which narrows it down for everyone saw them as I was driving out.

If there was a facility to report I would.

But I haven't seen the test results so not sure how appropriate it would be to March up to management to be fair

haha yeah and i was just thinking ,how do you know they tested positive ! still crappy form if they have /had :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Glenomra

as a matter of interest what are the latest county case percentages based on yesterday's figures. Limerick is constantly lumped in with Dublin and no mention of kildare etc. look at today's 'scare' advertisement in national papers, Limerick and Dublin in bright red, others with comparable figures in modest colours. I thought kildare's figures were s high as Limerick's.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

HSE have announced a pop-up covid testing centre in Rathkeale tomorrow. No appointment needed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Glenomra wrote: »
    as a matter of interest what are the latest county case percentages based on yesterday's figures. Limerick is constantly lumped in with Dublin and no mention of kildare etc. look at today's 'scare' advertisement in national papers, Limerick and Dublin in bright red, others with comparable figures in modest colours. I thought kildare's figures were s high as Limerick's.

Limerick and Kildare are neck and neck with Limerick being slightly higher.

Dublin 913 cases. 67.8 per 100k
    Limerick 123 cases. 63.1 per 100k
    Kildare 137 cases. 61.6 per 100k

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/covid-19-in-ireland-latest-county-by-county-incidence-rates-1016466.html

Has to be unlikely they would put us into lockdown now, Dublin considerably worse than us and if we went, Kildare and Leitrim would go too

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

11 cases to be announced for Limerick tonight out of 196.
    Not too bad, after no cases yesterday.

Sounds like we dodged a bullet lads, Dublin getting more restrictions, we have not been mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

keep the head down, say nothing...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement