Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus in Limerick City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

MarkR wrote: »
    There was video online from a house party in castletroy Monday night, dozens of students living it up.

Glad I'm still working from home!

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they would all just get the bus to college and go home afterwards. How naive. UL's misguided one week on campus every few weeks has created the ultimate Covid spreader. They come from all over the country for their 1 week on campus. Party till they drop in houses with up to 50-100 people and then go home probably with the virus to elderly parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

snowcat wrote:
    Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they would all just get the bus to college and go home afterwards. How naive. UL's misguided one week on campus every few weeks has created the ultimate Covid spreader. They come from all over the country for their 1 week on campus. Party till they drop in houses with up to 50-100 people and then go home probably with the virus to elderly parents.

To be fair it's not just UL many other 3rd level institutions are doing the same

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,824 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

snowcat wrote: »

Surely its a quarter of the students every week rather than everyone in for the same week, so plenty of space for social distancing.
    And the college year doesn't start for another fortnight yet, so it's more than likely local kids who've been doing most of the partying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

kilburn wrote: »
    Anonymous tip to the gardai

Why anonymous??? Seriously ring the Gards , when I had the misfortune to live in the vicinity of students years ago I called the Gards every single time and Gards were superb in dealing with the fcukers

moby2101 wrote:
    Why anonymous??? Seriously ring the Gards , when I had the misfortune to live in the vicinity of students years ago I called the Gards every single time and Gards were superb in dealing with the fcukers

Doesn't have to be anonymous I was getting around in case the poster did not want to call gardai and giving a name regarding a neighbour as they still have to live there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

Surely its a quarter of the students every week rather than everyone in for the same week, so plenty of space for social distancing.
    And the college year doesn't start for another fortnight yet, so it's more than likely local kids who've been doing most of the partying.

No Its not. I am on the ground. They are actually all students back early before college even starts to party. UL does not officially start for another few weeks. Their accommodation leases start from around now so they are all in from all over the country to party.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,411 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

These student stories are all a load of barstool bull.

2 schools in the city now with confirmed cases since reopening one national and one secondary

Local media silent as usual just like when the nursing homes were in bad shape.

2 schools in the city now with confirmed cases since reopening one national and one secondary

Local media silent as usual just like when the nursing homes were in bad shape.
    Have these cases led to outbreaks? Were the cases spread in the schools or were they students who happened to be attending school when they tested positive? Saying two cases confirmed is just alarmist rubbish when you have no idea of the actual situation or if (despite your claims) there's no proof of it actually happening.

There is no way the highly alarmist rag that is the Limerick Leader would not publish if they had info on this. They've already published when the school in Meelick had teachers who were close contacts, ever mind positive cases.

Maybe you should go to the local press if you have creditable information.

BTW Cases in schools were predicted by the government and NPHET and that's why there are protocols in place to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

People having a go at students would want to wind their necks in
    Jesus when I was a student, in limerick, in the late 90's early 00's wild horses wouldn't have kept me out of PJ's Place, McGregors and The Globe on a Thursday night
    Students are late teens, early 20's, waiting all their teens to get to college, get freedom and love the life we all did before them.
    I am not saying its right, what they are doing, but I am not gonna judge them as I bet half of us would do the exact same when we were their age

• Advertisement

Cookie parents are sharing the HSE letters and school texts online in multiple Facebook groups I don't just make things up and post them.

A HSE letter or school text is more than enough confirmation for me.

Not sure if you have kids as I doubt it from your comments but parents are entitled to know what's going on.

Outbreak I don't know or really care that's facts are children tested positive and the HSE contacted parents

On the limerick leader their investigative journalism department leaves a lot to be desired 11 people died in 2 weeks in a nursing home in the city, they contacted said nursing home and were told nah nothing going on here talk to HSE no follow up from said paper.

You really would argue anything just for the sake of it, give it a rest this is the coronavirus in Limerick thread where people want to know what's going on in Limerick regarding coronavirus.

As a parent and someone who has to take care of high risk family members I will continue to let people know what I know on a discussion forum as it may help others in the same situation and save a family unnesseccary distress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

And what exactly do you want to happen schools have protocols to follow for this ,its no different to most work places , just because 1 student shows symptoms doesn't mean the whole class has to isolate ? they get isolated and everyone continues on as a casual contact unless some shows more symtoms.

the blame culture will just have a field day like the speculation that was rampant when it was in the nursing homes !

As a parent and someone who has to take care of high risk family members I will continue to let people know what I know on a discussion forum as it may help others in the same situation and save a family unnesseccary distress.

but you also claimed earlier in thE thread to know that someone had it "fact" to later say that well i don't know i didn't see their result. That is speculation that leads to potentially wrong info being transmitted.

if you follow the guidelines sanitise constantly,socially distance and wear your masks you more than likely will not have anything to worry about.

geotrig wrote:
    the blame culture will just have a field day like the speculation that was rampant when it was in the nursing homes !

No speculation it was

Don't want anything to happen just posting what I know

You and Cookie are the ones jumping up and down about me postings facts not me

geotrig wrote:
    but you also claimed earlier in thE thread to know that someone had it "fact" to later say that well i don't know i didn't see their result. That is speculation that leads to potentially wrong info being transmitted.

I didn't see their individual result but if Jimmy says his brother or cousin Johnny has it and tested positive is that not enough.

Cookie parents are sharing the HSE letters and school texts online in multiple Facebook groups I don't just make things up and post them.

A HSE letter or school text is more than enough confirmation for me.

Not sure if you have kids as I doubt it from your comments but parents are entitled to know what's going on.

Outbreak I don't know or really care that's facts are children tested positive and the HSE contacted parents

On the limerick leader their investigative journalism department leaves a lot to be desired 11 people died in 2 weeks in a nursing home in the city, they contacted said nursing home and were told nah nothing going on here talk to HSE no follow up from said paper.

You really would argue anything just for the sake of it, give it a rest this is the coronavirus in Limerick thread where people want to know what's going on in Limerick regarding coronavirus.

The difference between us is that you are living in fear of this virus, while I'm living with the virus. No I don't have kids, but I have plenty of relatives with kids in schools and none are as alarmist as you are.

You posting random stats on the internet with no context to the actual situation is likely to cause more unnecessary distress than me calling you out on it.

The difference between us is that you are living in fear of this virus, while I'm living with the virus.No I don't have kids, but I have plenty of relatives with kids in schools and none are as alarmist as you are.

You posting random stats on the internet with no context to the actual situation is likely to cause more unnecessary distress than me calling you out on it.

Not living in fear of anything so don't put words in my mouth

My situation is very different as I already said so continue to compare apples and oranges

Not being alarmist only posting facts

I didn't see their individual result but if Jimmy says his brother or cousin Johnny has it and tested positive is that not enough.
    No, it most certainly is not enough. That is hearsay, not proof and you (not me) are creating the unnecessary distress you seem to be trying to avoid by posting it as fact.

Whatever Cookie that's your opinion and you are entitled to it as am I mine

Please feel free to use the ignore button anytime

Whatever Cookie that's your opinion and you are entitled to it as am I mine.
    Yes, it's your opinion, but opinion is not fact, which is what you are claiming.

If you had said that you heard that there were two positive cases, then there would have been no argument. But you are claiming two confirmed cases as fact while admitting that you have no evidence other than word of mouth. In any situation, that's going to be called out.

• Advertisement

No speculation it was

Don't want anything to happen just posting what I know

You and Cookie are the ones jumping up and down about me postings facts not me

you posted that schools have it and it not being picked up by the papers !Same with nursing homes , these NH at the time were in dire straits trying to deal with a new virus that was rampant and having their names dragged through the mud would have served no purpose.From what I've been told close contacts of patients at the time where given the details that they needed to know.

I have kids and have contact with potentially high risk people , i do what i can to minimize risk and trust that all other places like schools etc are following protocols. I personally don't need to or want know of every case everywhere or that my kids school had a case or not unless it directly affects them us ,close contact ,cliuster outbreak etc

People having a go at students would want to wind their necks in
    Jesus when I was a student, in limerick, in the late 90's early 00's wild horses wouldn't have kept me out of PJ's Place, McGregors and The Globe on a Thursday night
    Students are late teens, early 20's, waiting all their teens to get to college, get freedom and love the life we all did before them.
    I am not saying its right, what they are doing, but I am not gonna judge them as I bet half of us would do the exact same when we were their age

Half of them are still doing it now

If you had said that you heard that there were two positive cases, then there would have been no argument. But you are claiming two confirmed cases as fact while admitting that you have no evidence other than word of mouth. In any situation, that's going to be called out.

Your talking about 2 different situations feel free to read back and get your facts right.

Please feel free to scroll through Covid-19 School Alert page in Facebook where the HSE letters have been published which confirm what I have said.

Then you can come back with an apology for this rubbish you always spout attacking everyone's posts in every thread

I always think trying to implicate local Limerick media in conspiracies is giving them too much credit. The Leader is in no way capable of partaking in a conspiracy

breezy1985 wrote:
    I always think trying to implicate local Limerick media in conspiracies is giving them too much credit. The Leader is in no way capable of partaking in a conspiracy

Fact

Your talking about 2 different situations feel free to read back and get your facts right.

Please feel free to scroll through Covid-19 School Alert page in Facebook where the HSE letters have been published which confirm what I have said.

Then you can come back with an apology for this rubbish you always spout attacking everyone's posts in every thread

again what does people posting their hse letters or potential case /cases in a school actually do ,I dont do facebook because of that type of rubbish.
    Schools have protocols to follow on this.

geotrig wrote:
    again what does people posting their hse letters or potential case /cases in a school actually do ,I dont do facebook because of that type of rubbish. Schools have protocols to follow on this.

It confirms the fact their is a positive case which I am being told I have made and using hearsay

You'll be getting no apology from me over stuff you've seen on FB. That website is the worlds main source of fake news and conspiracy theories.

You may well be 100% correct on what you've heard, but FB isn't proof. And posting it on the internet without any context is totally irresponsible and way more likely to lead to the distress you claim to be trying to avoid.

Lack of knowledge can lead to the same.

You have an answer for everything take some time away from the computer go for a walk try to relax and take a break everything you post is picking faults in everything everyone else says.

Your opinion of what I say based on information I have means nothing to me.

I have shared my sources, I will no longer be engaging with you on any thread life is too short for dealing with your argumentative ways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It confirms the fact their is a positive case which I am being told I have made and using hearsay

A positive case is not an outbreak or a cluster though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement