Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein - just where is the money coming from?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

maccored wrote: »
    when have SF ever claimed to be the oldest political party in ireland then?

right here

https://www.friendsofsinnfein.com/about/

"We are the agent in the United States for Sinn Féin, Ireland's oldest political party (www.sinnfein.ie).

selling a line of lies to Americans might account for some of the money I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Why has the media nothing to say about the fact that Mary Lou owns a second home in France?

Wouldn't do her "Woman of the people" act any favours now would it.

She probably knows she has a better chance of becoming president of France than becoming Taoiseach!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

mynamejeff wrote: »
    right here

https://www.friendsofsinnfein.com/about/

"We are the agent in the United States for Sinn Féin, Ireland's oldest political party (www.sinnfein.ie).

selling a line of lies to Americans might account for some of the money I guess

Splits or no splits or whatever you want to call it Sinn Fein are the oldest party in Ireland (est. 1905). What's your big hang up about this?

Splits or no splits or whatever you want to call it Sinn Fein are the oldest party in Ireland (est. 1905). What's your big hang up about this?

I was replying to a request for proof that sf were claiming something that is not true , from another shinnerbot .

lies in politics should always be called out imo

the fgff mafia have a lot more to do with the SF of 1905 that the OCG that is SF today.

I get the feeling that you cant see that at all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I’ve no idea how he made his money but he went from being a former unemployed convict living in a council house to owning and running many cash based businesses.

Is there something wrong with a cash based business???

Is there something wrong with someone working their way up to running a business.

Because I am both and I want to ask you why you are insinuating that someone who runs a cash based business is doing something illegal?

• Advertisement

tipptom wrote: »

Is there something wrong with someone working their way up to running a business.

Because I am both and I want to ask you why you are insinuating that someone who runs a cash based business is doing something illegal?

did you do time of terrorism offences too ? just for a fair comparison like lol

I was replying to a request for proof that sf were claiming something that is not true , from another shinnerbot .

lies in politics should always be called out imo

the fgff mafia have a lot more to do with the SF of 1905 that the OCG that is SF today.

I get the feeling that you cant see that at all

FF formed in mid 1920s to enter Government. FG formed in the 1930s as a loose amalgamation of various factions (in a desperate attempt to have some sort of 'founding father' hilariously connected themselves to Michael Collins who was dead by a good 15 years...better optics than the fascist Blue Shirts I suppose).

So the FF/FG of today more connected to SF of 1905? That is interesting...let's compare the 1905 manifesto with the FF/FG manifesto of today.

Whether you like it or not and spin it all you like but Sinn Fein has been in existence since 1905.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

This has nothing to do with FG. It’s asking where SF gets the money to own 50 properties and employ 200 people. Very valid questions to ask. They promised new politics. This smells very old.

Ya right. Suddenly establishment party voters give a toss about corruption

What are the 200 employees doing and why didn’t some of them run for the Dail considering they let folks like your one in Clare and your man in Tipperary run for them?

200 people - that’s more full time employees than the Conservative or Labour parties in Britain.

Something not right here. Hope the Irish Times keep digging - like the media should.

We will never know nor will it be investigated how many employees FG have as they pay their staff cash under the counter.

The great "investigative" journalists in the ITs "missed" that scoop.

This is another smear from the IT as they ran the same king of articles before the last elections for three days running featuring on the first 3-5 pages each morning.
    Was waiting each day for the big scoop but nothing and even on the last day nothing,they actually had to admit that the SF fund in America releases more information that they have to and that their accounts are way more open than FF/FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Likely robbing banks Johnny or kidnap ransoms and the like.
    fergus1001 wrote: »
    ah the irish times such a source of unbiased reporting when it comes to the shinners

Front page:

1. Corona Virus.
    2. Shinners
    3.Corona virus
    4. Shinners
    5. Brexit

TBF RTE have nothing on the shinners. And their number 3 is on FF saying they'll go in with FG. That news worthy.

• Advertisement

did you do time of terrorism offences too ? just for a fair comparison like lol

I know you are a neo Unionist/Loyalist but I didn't think the makey uppey Ni Scotch Gaelic was your first language.

English down here please.

FF formed in mid 1920s to enter Government. FG formed in the 1930s as a loose amalgamation of various factions (in a desperate attempt to have some sort of 'founding father' hilariously connected themselves to Michael Collins who was dead by a good 15 years...better optics than the fascist Blue Shirts I suppose).

So the FF/FG of today more connected to SF of 1905? That is interesting...let's compare the 1905 manifesto with the FF/FG manifesto of today.

Whether you like it or not and spin it all you like but Sinn Fein has been in existence since 1905.

your ignoring the facts again but that not surprising

FF formed by devala who left the original sf to do so

FG formed by o duffy who was also a former original SF td

where as the SF that you are supporting was formed in 1970 from the group using the name "Original SF " (OFFICAL )

for a party who rely so much on history SF are hilariously bad at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

We will never know nor will it be investigated how many employees FG have as they pay their staff cash under the counter.
    Really?

I know you are a neo Unionist/Loyalist but I didn't think the makey uppey Ni Scotch Gaelic was your first language.

English down here please.

that's your reply tom ? really ?

ye are even running out of ways to deflect.

didn't think you'd be as big a fan of the Queens English though lol

that's your reply tom ? really ?

ye are even running out of ways to deflect.

didn't think you'd be as big a fan of the Queens English though lol

Deflect from what?

You asking me was I involved in Terrorism?

That's what you asked me when I was asking someone a question about insinuating something illegal about a person running a cash based business.

Leave it to the adults Jeff and go build your bonfire with the rest of the traccies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

where as the SF that you are supporting was formed in 1970 from the group using the name "Original SF "

There was no group styling itself "Original Sinn Féin. The O in OSF stood for "Official".

The split of 1970 was caused by those who supported the OIRA/Stickies failing to get a motion in support of entering Leinster House passed at the SF Ard Fheis of that year. They won a majority but did not reach the two thirds figure required under the constitution. A motion was then put that SF support the Sticky leadership which caused uproar and delegates left the hall led by Ruairí Ó Brádaigh, Seán Mac Stíofáin, Dáithí Ó Conaill etc. and reconvened the Ard Fheis elsewhere. Those who supported the Stickies were deemed to have broken the constitution of SF and expelled.

Deflect from what?

You asking me was I involved in Terrorism?

That's what you asked me when I was asking someone a question about insinuating something illegal about a person running a cash based business.

Leave it to the adults Jeff and go build your bonfire with the rest of the traccies.

sure thing tom ill do just as you say :D

after all no thread shall question SF or point out its issues

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

sure thing tom ill do just as you say :D

after all no thread shall question SF or point out its issues

No one is allowed question them. After all, they're going to bring chhhhaaaaannnnggggeeeeee.

504702.jpg

where as the SF that you are supporting was formed in 1970 from the group using the name "Original SF "

Ignoring what facts? I am well aware of the history of Dev and O'Duffy (trust me when I tell you that I am more knowledgeable on Irish history than most) but one does not have to the time to embark on a fulsome treatise on the origins of FF/FG via Boards which is a why I made a very brief point on it.

I am not a Sinn Fein supporter but again you are ignoring the fact that SF have been in place since 1905. No idea why it kills you to acknowledge this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That sentence is wrong in more ways than one.

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »
    Really?

Yep,and I bet they have already held discussions with that other party stalwart and tax avoiding citizen Michael "is that a "FG application form in your pocket" Lowery.

Ignoring what facts? I am well aware of the history of Dev and O'Duffy (trust me when I tell you that I am more knowledgeable on Irish history than most) but one does not have to the time to embark on a fulsome treatise on the origins of FF/FG via Boards which is a why I made a very brief point on it.

I am not a Sinn Fein supporter but again you are ignoring the fact that SF have been in place since 1905. No idea why it kills you to acknowledge this.

so all that stuff I posted is true then you agree ? or is my version of history and yours both true ?

why does that "im not a sf supporter but" line appear in every SF thread ever started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yep,and I bet they have already held discussions with that other party stalwart and tax avoiding citizen Michael "is that a "FG application form in your pocket" Lowery.

Don't forget FG dodging a tax for 9 years and only fixing it after they got caught. Noonan lied saying they were addressing it already. Revenue disagreed.

Again with the shinners, fair dues asking questions. My gripe would be having two of the four font page stories on the meanderings of some jurno when we've a caretaker government. FF saying they'll go in with FG warrants a mention surely?

so all that stuff I posted is true then you agree ? or is my version of history and yours both true ?

why does that "im not a sf supporter but" line appear in every SF thread ever started

What nonsense is this. Please reconsider and construct your sentences better or just have a lie down. You are getting terribly worked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You're still in the building trade then Tommie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Everybody will talk to Lowry, he's handy to swing a vote in their favour.
    Any evidence of them paying FG staff under the counter? You would have to wonder why they would.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

It doesn't have to be said so often.

Kind of does though. It's quite remarkable.

a cash based business builder from tipp ?

you might know lowery so id say he is a big fan of the cash lol

What nonsense is this. Please reconsider and construct your sentences better or just have a lie down. You are getting terribly worked up.

you guys are getting worse at this stuff .

or im getting better but it is fun :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Good to see all the deflection-bots out answering a question with a question.

Terrible manners. :D

Advertisement