Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein - just where is the money coming from?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blanch152 wrote: »
    It generally tends to be Sinn Fein supporters who are the most prolific posters on domestic political threads in the Current Affairs forum. Are you suggesting that they are the ones who are terrified of Fine Gael or Fianna Fail?

That's a crock of crap. FG posters are definitely the most prominent and make the most numbers. Both in the past and present on these forums. FF appear every now and then, but seem uninterested for the most part to get involved, and lately they've not had a lot of reason, especially with the FG and SF going at it, amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

Runaways wrote: »
    My fingers are the only thing not in pain right now.
    Everything else is. This bug is no craic at all. The painkillers are primo tho

Sorry Runaways, I'm afraid you'll have to accept Silver in the run to 30,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

It generally tends to be Sinn Fein supporters who are the most prolific posters on domestic political threads in the Current Affairs forum.

Very much so, and it's almost like they're reading from a script or at least getting their information from one source, whether that's coordinated or not.

It's certainly looks organised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

mattser wrote: »
    Sorry Runaways, I'm afraid you'll have to accept Silver in the run to 30,000.

I’ll take a wooden spoon at this stage. Bored and lonely and here for the chats even if it’s debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

There’s quite a few relatively new accounts doing that last few days.

Ironic, you joined in Feb 2020 but keep making a big deal about ‘new accounts’. Very strange.

• Advertisement

Ironic, you joined in Feb 2020 but keep making a big deal about ‘new accounts’. Very strange.

Bored alone on holiday in Cambodia I joined to keep touch with the election results as I was away.
    And I’ve several interests if you care to look.
    The flood the new accounts I mentioned are mono topical and all rushing to defend FG and bash SF at every opportunity. It’s happening on all social media and to such a degree there’s at least two Irish journalists of note looking into it as of this morning.

It’s very very coincidental I’m sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,871 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bored alone on holiday in Cambodia I joined to keep touch with the election results as I was away.
    The flood the new accounts I mentioned are mono topical and all rushing to defend FG and bash SF at every opportunity. It’s happening on all social media and to such a degree there’s at least two Irish journalists of note looking into it as of this morning.

Same thing happening on Twitter...and we know that Leo had a penchant for this kind of 'party action'.

Same thing happening on Twitter...and we know that Leo had a penchant for this kind of 'party action'.

Simon Harris’ last tweet was infested with all these congratulations you’re doing great tweets all from dormant accounts with few or no followers and who only had previously tweeted MAGA nonsense.

It’s baffling FG would go down this route. Now especially. Never mind curious journalists being stuck at home bored, Ordinary People are seeing it and have copped on.

And how much have they spent on it is another thing?

So you don’t consider yourself a ‘new account’?

Simon Harris’ last tweet was infested with all these congratulations you’re doing great tweets all from dormant accounts with few or no followers and who only had previously tweeted MAGA nonsense.

It’s baffling FG would go down this route. Now especially. Never mind curious journalists being stuck at home bored, Ordinary People are seeing it and have copped on.

And how much have they spent on it is another thing?

It's not baffling at all if you remember this.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/varadkar-suggested-creating-anonymous-accounts-online-to-make-positive-comments-on-news-37275799.html

• Advertisement

So you don’t consider yourself a ‘new account’?

I’m a real person not being paid to shill for FG in shifts if that’s what you’re asking :)

I’m a real person not being paid to shill for FG in shifts if that’s what you’re asking :)

Pull the other one, mate. You are clearly being paid SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

whatever tablets you're on, you may keep taking them. never read such rubbish in my life

Hardly.
    It is wonderful to see so many of the likes of yourselves and @USA73836844763 accounts on twitter are so suddenly eager to tell Simon and Leo what a brilliant job they’re doing :)

Hardly.
    It is wonderful to see so many of the likes of yourselves and @USA73836844763 accounts on twitter are so suddenly eager to tell Simon and Leo what a brilliant job they’re doing :)

Yeah, so much different than you blowing smoke up Mary Lou’s arse. Looking forward to seeing her ‘strong and stable’ coalition.

You even admitted to getting paid to post on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

Honestly, I've never been bothered by political parties receiving a lot of money in private support even if that private support happens to be coming from outside the State.

What exactly is wrong with this?

If people want to voluntarily invest their own cash in a cause that they believe in then that's fine by me. I certainly prefer it to the current way we do things where the parties receive taxpayer funding proportional to how many seats they have in the Oireachtas.

I'm not a believer in the idea that elections can be bought simply through a party having more campaign funding for TV ads, posters etc. Fair enough if actual electoral fraud is taking place (bribery, stuffing ballot boxes etc.) but in my opinion most election campaigning regulations are attempting to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

At the end of the day, to win an election you have to convince enough human beings to vote for you. It's a pessimistic view that treats rational freely willed humans as pawns who's votes are predetermined by shadowy political forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Suckit wrote: »
    That's a crock of crap. FG posters are definitely the most prominent and make the most numbers. Both in the past and present on these forums. FF appear every now and then, but seem uninterested for the most part to get involved, and lately they've not had a lot of reason, especially with the FG and SF going at it, amongst others.

You missed the post below where I set out the FACTS about the most prolific posters, and that is not an opinion. In case you doubt me, here is a link to the thread I referenced on Sinn Fein, and the list of most prolific posters.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2058063227

Ah here, this is the problem when debating with Sinn Fein supporters. Their posts are disingenuous, full of distraction, deflection and misquotes with an element of personal invective thrown in.

These two posts are a great example. First, they include my name directly to add the personal touch. Secondly, they completely misrepresent what I posted, thirdly, they address a complete non-issue.

The original post which I was addressing said:

So the conversation was about people all day on boards ranting about a political party. In response, I pointed to the fact, and it is a fact, that most domestic political threads are dominated by Sinn Fein supporters who are the most prolific posters.

I never said that they started the most threads. I never said anything about why threads are started. I merely pointed to the FACT that the threads are generally overrun by prolific Sinn Fein supporters. No more, no less.

And then comes the responses above which have nothing to do with that, and are classic deflection, diversion and misrepresentation. Just look at the top ten posters in this thread - at least six of them are SF sympathisers, I don't remember SF getting 60% in any election, so that isn't representative. And this thread is only 267 posts old.

Have a look at the main SF thread - the one about SF vanishing - and the two lads Francie and Runaways are running away at the top of the list of prolific posters.

So to sum up, if you are going to challenge a factual point that I have made, check the facts in the post, and address the facts in the post.

You missed the post below where I set out the FACTS about the most prolific posters, and that is not an opinion. In case you doubt me, here is a link to the thread I referenced on Sinn Fein, and the list of most prolific posters.

Why not just post 'Don't challenge me I am the oracle', it would save on typing.

As fatuous and self regarding a post as I have ever seen on boards.ie tbh.

Yeah, so much different than you blowing smoke up Mary Lou’s arse. Looking forward to seeing her ‘strong and stable’ coalition.

You even admitted to getting paid to post on here.

When did I do that?
    And you don’t understand humour irony or sarcasm it seems.
    I admit to blowing up Nelson’s pillar!
    Call the cops!

Laughing at these tiring Petty little barbs Rodney.

When did I do that?
    And you don’t understand humour irony or sarcasm it seems.
    I admit to blowing up Nelson’s pillar!
    Call the cops!

Laughing at these tiring Petty little barbs Rodney.

You made a big deal about FF and FG wanting a ‘strong and stable’ government then did your disappearing act when Mary Lou was quoted saying the same thing. When called on it you started spouting sh1te about Theresa May. Great contribution there. Time for you to ‘runaway’ again, lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

all i read there is "people dont agree with me so therefore they must be SF bots" - all the while being the poster who more than likely mentions and post threads about SF the most

Advertisement