Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein - just where is the money coming from?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

TheCitizen wrote: »
    How many properties does FF and FG own? How much did they spend on advertising in the general elections? Or are you only interested in throwing digs at SF? You probably won’t answer.

Seems to be a recurring theme on this site to attack SF. The MSM attacks on SF had zero affect, keep it up FFG shill.

Sure wasn't Bertie Ahern living over the FF HQ in Drumcondra at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Are you not content that your party FFG has political cover now to continue it’s control of power in Ireland? Such bitterness that you will no longer lead both the government and opposition. Your time of exclusive control of Irish society and divvying up the goods between yourselves is coming to an end. Suck it up.

I have to tell you that particular poster you are replying to is a fervent supporter of Michael Lowry so that should tell you all you need to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

No. Because they hate paying for anything.

I have known of guards who have point blank refused to pay tradesmen and when chased for money gave very thinly veiled threats and told them to drop it or they would make life 'awkward' for them.

I remember an electrician who and fair play to him said "**** you" and took it all the way into the District Court for his money. The guard tried his level best not to dislose his job when questioned in the witness box and went so far as to say he was "a property developer". The solicitor straight out said "You are a member of an Garda Siochana. Correct?". The Judge was less than impressed. The guard had zero excuses for not paying, had lodged no counter defence and even represented himself. He was just trying to brazen it out ("Sure nobody will sue a Garda")- the electrician did thousands of Euros of work in good faith and all to a top quality standard. It did not end well for the guard.

But that is just one example but it is common concensus that guards and teachers can be very very slow payers. Not all of course.

any links ? proofs ? court reports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Are you not content that your party FFG has political cover now to continue it’s control of power in Ireland? Such bitterness that you will no longer lead both the government and opposition. Your time of exclusive control of Irish society and divvying up the goods between yourselves is coming to an end. Suck it up.

Turns out that FG's management of the economy is what will help get us through this crisis. But I suppose we shoudl really be looking forward to a SF governement instead to act like they do in the north where they abandonded ship for three years over an irish language act.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

tipptom wrote: »
    I have to tell you that particular poster you are replying to is a fervent supporter of Michael Lowry so that should tell you all you need to know.

Ah tipptom, the feared North Tipperary freedom fighter(in his head) who said he wore the poppy when he lived in the UK but didn't know what the poppy represented! He's now back in North Tipp and has taken off the poppy and put back on his sam brown belt.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

tipptom wrote: »

Ah the feared North Tipp freedom fighter tipptom.
    The guy who says he wore the poppy when he lived in the UK but didn't know what it represented ! He's now back in North Tipp and has taken off the poppy and put back on his sam brown belt !

mynamejeff wrote: »
    any links ? proofs ? court reports ?

Court reports? links? proofs? Are you joking..it's the District Court and debt collection proceedings are not that interesting to the press.

I was there to personally witness it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Ah the feared North Tipp freedom fighter tipptom.
    The guy who says he wore the poppy when he lived in the UK but didn't know what it represented ! He's now back in North Tipp and has taken off the poppy and put back on his sam brown belt !

Id rather wear a poppy than admit to supporting a "corrupt beyond belief" leech like Lowry.

Court reports? links? proofs? Are you joking..it's the District Court and debt collection proceedings are not that interesting to the press.

I was there to personally witness it.

so no then , obviously not . coz the press wouldn't be interested in something like that :pac::pac:

and sure you were

I can make up fairy tails too

so no then , obviously not . coz the press wouldn't be interested in something like that :pac::pac:

and sure you were

I can make up fairy tails too

You are giving me fierce credit if you think I can sit down and make up a story like that in such detail and off the cuff.

Why do you find it so hard to believe? Does not fit your narrative? Believe and make up all the fairy tails (sic) you want.

• Advertisement

You are giving me fierce credit if you think I can sit down and make up a story like that in such detail and off the cuff.

Why do you find it so hard to believe? Does not fit your narrative? Believe and make up all the fairy tails (sic) you want.

an ardent SF/IRA fan , making up stories to suit a narrative ? never heard of such a thing.

I heard the pandemic was caused by mary lou snorting martin McGuinness ashes to gain his super powers pass it on .

see how easy that is , and as provable as your tale too

an ardent SF/IRA fan , making up stories to suit a narrative ? never heard of such a thing.

Who is the ardant SF/IRA supporter? :confused:

We were posting about teachers and guards being notoriously bad payers and you have pivoted around to something else completely. Weird. Clealrly debating is not your strong point or maybe it is just the infamous bad Templemore teaching..wink.png

I guess you are the type of poster that dismisses anything they don't like to hear unless cast iron rock solid proof is furnished. It's a wonder you are on this site at all as it must disappont you greatly on a daily basis.

Who is the ardant SF/IRA supporter? :confused:

We were posting about teachers and guards being notoriously bad payers and you have pivoted around to something else completely. Weird. Clealrly debating is not your strong point or maybe it is just the infamous bad Templemore teaching..wink.png

I guess you are the type of poster that dismisses anything they don't like to hear unless cast iron rock solid proof is furnished. It's a wonder you are on this site at all as it must disappont you greatly on a daily basis.

on your post history you are .

and in line with the shinnerbot SOP anyone who points out lies omissions or untruths must be labelled a government shill or a copper trying to attack the party.

remember when you looked for and then ignored proof that SF were claiming to be the oldest party in Ireland ?
    is it unusual to you that you should be asked to prove something that you claim to be true ?

its not the SCC you know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Turns out that FG's management of the economy is what will help get us through this crisis. But I suppose we shoudl really be looking forward to a SF governement instead to act like they do in the north where they abandonded ship for three years over an irish language act.

Apparently MLM is on Newstalk later regaling is all of her efforts to form a government. Should be riveting stuff and won’t take very long.
    SF “in government “ couldn’t even get a few schools closed up north so god only knows the carnage we would have down here with the other part of the puppet duo in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 66,870 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

road_high wrote: »
    Apparently MLM is on Newstalk later regaling is all of her efforts to form a government. Should be riveting stuff and won’t take very long.
    SF “in government “ couldn’t even get a few schools closed up north so god only knows the carnage we would have down here with the other part of the puppet duo in charge

Leo couldn't even bring himself to be publicly critical of those BLOCKING school closures in the north. Simpering and apologising for the DUP after the intergovermental conference. Quelle surprise.

I'm sure ML will use NT to apply public pressure on Varadkar to keep doing practical things to improve the situation, if he is not too busy making PR Hollywood style sddresses to the nation.

Like - providing free parking for those 'heroes that don't wear capes' maybe?
    I mean...does a government have to be told to do these simple things?

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1240273879500718081/photo/1

and in line with the shinnerbot SOP anyone who points out lies omissions or untruths must be labelled a government shill or a copper trying to attack the party.

remember when you looked for and then ignored proof that SF were claiming to be the oldest party in Ireland ?
    is it unusual to you that you should be asked to prove something that you claim to be true ?

SF are the oldest party in the State. What is your big hang up? SF set up in 1905- if there is an older party in Ireland please let me know. You decide to twist this pretty innocuous statement of fact as being an 'ardent SF/IRA supporter'. Right. Very angry world you inhabit.

The PDs set up in 1985. Following your strange logic I must be a PD supporter for stating that. Hitler was head of the Nazi party ergo I must be a Nazi supporter following your strange 'logic' (in the very loosest defintion of the word) for stating that. As I said before, weird.

I seems to you that any poster who is not overtly critical about SF or the IRA in every post is ergo an 'ardent supporter'. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

what absolute waffle

SF are the oldest party in the State. What is your big hang up? SF set up in 1905- if there is an older party in Ireland please let me know. You decide to twist this pretty innocuous statement of fact as being an 'ardent SF/IRA supporter'. Right. Very angry world you inhabit.

The PDs set up in 1985. Following your strange logic I must be a PD supporter for stating that. Hitler was head of the Nazi party ergo I must be a Nazi supporter following your strange 'logic' (in the very loosest defintion of the word) for stating that. As I said before, weird.

I seems to you that any poster who is not overtly critical about SF or the IRA in every post is ergo an 'ardent supporter'. Good man.

you best scroll back and read the previous conversation where that old lie was debunked,

can you not see that its the same pattern ye use all the time , in every thread , its so predicable

be one of the boyz along any min to back you up I suppose :)

edit

as predicted heres maccored right on q lol like clockwork

you best scroll back and read the previous conversation where that old lie was debunked,

can you not see that its the same pattern ye use all the time , in every thread , its so predicable

be one of the boyz along any min to back you up I suppose :)

edit

as predicted heres maccored right on q lol like clockwork

No it was not debunked. I am guessing you are well balanced with a massive chip on both shoulders.

ps If you want to debate as an adult please write like an adult.

No it was not debunked. I am guessing you are well balanced with a massive chip on both shoulders.

ps If you want to debate as an adult please write like an adult.

links were provided as requested debunking the claim for both you and maccored

its right there for you to see

• Advertisement

links were provided as requested debunking the claim for both you and maccored

its right there for you to see

what were you debunking for me again? Or more precisely, what claim have I made that you have 'debunked'?

I was pointing out your waffle about 'shinnerbots'. I see yourself and others are getting a bit overwhelmed with the amount of supprt SF got in the election so you seem to be calling everyone a 'shinnerbot'.

Which is, as I say, absolute waffle

maccored wrote: »
    what were you debunking for me again? Or more precisely, what claim have I made that you have 'debunked'?

I was pointing out your waffle about 'shinnerbots'. I see yourself and others are getting a bit overwhelmed with the amount of supprt SF got in the election so you seem to be calling everyone a 'shinnerbot'.

Which is, as I say, absolute waffle

do you posses the ability to scroll back and read the thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

The name “Sinn Fein” makes it one of the oldest parties , but that name has been used several times

SF of 1905-1916 was NOTHING like SF 1917-1925. Absolutely nothing

Go read the Supreme Court Judgments of the famous Re Sinn Fein Trust Fund cases 1948 ish. Kingsmill Moore J held that SF in 1948 was not legally a continuation from SF pre 1922, as the SF party post Cumann na Ngeadheal spilt actually reconstituted In 1922

And you are sure as hell off your rocker to even imply that current day SF are remotely connected to SF pre 1950s ,whether legally or personnel. There is no connection whatsoever . Sf stopped contesting elections from the 1930s to 1980s in the South . If there was any doubt , many existing members of SF post 1926 went with McBride and Clann na Poblachta in the 1940s. The likes of Margaret Buckley and Fr Flanagan were dead by the 1960s

Labour, established in 1912 are the oldest and longest existing party in the South of Ireland .

Even if you were right in laughably claiming that SF today can link themselves to SF of 1905, that party was formed in November 1905 . However , The Ulster Unionist party ,established March 1905 , would be the longest running existing party in this island

Back into your box and pronto !

“Divvying up the goods between her selves “

Eh, the majority of the people have supported them for decades ,amd Eh, we have been paying your welfare And the welfare benefits of the typical Shinner bot for god Knows how long

You are absolutely tripping if you think that the people of this country are stupid enough to put SF into government anytime soon

The past few weeks have highlighted how out of their depth both Mary Lou and Blondie up North are . Likewise O’Reilly during her latest prime time stint .

SF balls up leading a Dublin City Council 2014-2019 (and that was only by default of both Labour and Green Party vote bombing) is a taster of their ineffectiveness .

Shinners traditionally are always a scandal away from disaster ,and they have more than enough clowns within their ranks to feed the media ,despite the good endeavours of O’Reilly, Doherty, McDonald and that spoofer O’Brien .

Protest vote and no more, That is what happened in February . Mary probably wished she hadn’t bother turning up for those Prime Time pre elections debates , only so many times she can get away with stating the bleeding obvious

This country never was and Never will be a country for left wingers - of course calling SF a left wing party is a sign of utter nativity

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Sinn Fein get their money from donations like every other political party.

Post office and bank robberies are not donations - I’m not referring to Northern Bank By the way , it was found that no one in Provisional SF and PIRA were involved in that

Selling dodgy cigarettes around Moore St ain’t donations either , nor is diesel smuggling . Hand to them, they sure know how to invest and budget for their expenses

do you posses the ability to scroll back and read the thread ?

why should I - you mentioned me and I know what ive posted

Post office and bank robberies are not donations - I’m not referring to Northern Bank By the way , it was found that no one in Provisional SF and PIRA were involved in that

Selling dodgy cigarettes around Moore St ain’t donations either , nor is diesel smuggling . Hand to them, they sure know how to invest and budget for their expenses

the bank robbery that points to the RUC and the british government more so than anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Leo couldn't even bring himself to be publicly critical of those BLOCKING school closures in the north. Simpering and apologising for the DUP after the intergovermental conference. Quelle surprise.

I'm sure ML will use NT to apply public pressure on Varadkar to keep doing practical things to improve the situation, if he is not too busy making PR Hollywood style sddresses to the nation.

Like - providing free parking for those 'heroes that don't wear capes' maybe?
    I mean...does a government have to be told to do these simple things?

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1240273879500718081/photo/1

Public car parks in GUH are opened now to staff since last week.

The name “Sinn Fein” makes it one of the oldest parties , but that name has been used several times

SF of 1905-1916 was NOTHING like SF 1917-1925. Absolutely nothing

So you are basing this completely on what exactly...technical reconstitutions? To suggest that SF between 1905-1916 and then again 1917-1925 are totally unrelated and had "absolutely nothing" to do with each other is stretching the bounds of reality to the point of hilarity.

That's like Celtic supportors winding up Rangers supporters by saying that the NewCo set up in recent years has NOTHING to do with the previous club. It follows that this current Rangers set up has never won a league title.

Sure on a strict technical point it is a NewCo but suggesting that the club and everything connected with it going back to 1872 is now defunct and a mere historical point is laughable but that is exactly what you are saying vis a vis SF. Hell, even Celtic supporters say it in jest but you seem rather serious.
    Go read the Supreme Court Judgments of the famous Re Sinn Fein Trust Fund cases 1948 ish. Kingsmill Moore J held that SF in 1948 was not legally a continuation from SF pre 1922, as the SF party post Cumann na Ngeadheal spilt actually reconstituted In 1922

Really that's surprising. Where does Kingsmill Moore J say that in the Supreme Court judgment?
    And you are sure as hell off your rocker to even imply that current day SF are remotely connected to SF pre 1950s ,whether legally or personnel. There is no connection whatsoever . Sf stopped contesting elections from the 1930s to 1980s in the South . If there was any doubt , many existing members of SF post 1926 went with McBride and Clann na Poblachta in the 1940s. The likes of Margaret Buckley and Fr Flanagan were dead by the 1960s

Equally the FG or FF of today have no connection with the 1950's FG or FF on the baiss that personal have died off. That's a strange twist.
    Labour, established in 1912 are the oldest and longest existing party in the South of Ireland .

I did allude to Labour from the outset and it being a close run thing.
    Even if you were right in laughably claiming that SF today can link themselves to SF of 1905, that party was formed in November 1905 . However , The Ulster Unionist party ,established March 1905 , would be the longest running existing party in this island

...but SF are the longest in the South. Agreed.

SF have been around in some guise or another since 1905 which is the year it was founded. So what if they have technically reconstituted a few times? The spirit and objectives have not changed. If not then why keep the name?

• Advertisement

“Divvying up the goods between her selves “

Eh, the majority of the people have supported them for decades ,amd Eh, we have been paying your welfare And the welfare benefits of the typical Shinner bot for god Knows how long

You are absolutely tripping if you think that the people of this country are stupid enough to put SF into government anytime soon

The past few weeks have highlighted how out of their depth both Mary Lou and Blondie up North are . Likewise O’Reilly during her latest prime time stint .

SF balls up leading a Dublin City Council 2014-2019 (and that was only by default of both Labour and Green Party vote bombing) is a taster of their ineffectiveness .

Shinners traditionally are always a scandal away from disaster ,and they have more than enough clowns within their ranks to feed the media ,despite the good endeavours of O’Reilly, Doherty, McDonald and that spoofer O’Brien .

Protest vote and no more, That is what happened in February . Mary probably wished she hadn’t bother turning up for those Prime Time pre elections debates , only so many times she can get away with stating the bleeding obvious

This country never was and Never will be a country for left wingers - of course calling SF a left wing party is a sign of utter nativity

The bitterness and bile is strong in this one.

Advertisement