Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just had a light misty drizzle muck shower. Hopefully that will be the end of the rain till later in the week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

19C at Oak Park, the south-east getting the best of any brightness that's going today.

Tomorrow looks fairly wet across the west and north, particularly the north-west. There could be showers anywhere tomorrow, best chance of staying dry will be the far south-east.

arpegeuk-1-28-0.png?17-17

30-777UK.GIF?17-12

arpegeuk-41-27-0.png?17-17

Temperatures tomorrow similar to today. 10 to 15C in the west and north, 16 to 20C across the east and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Looking at the most recent charts it looks like the most likely chance of sun in most places is Tuesday Wednesday with rain on monday...Met eireann are saying now that Thursday will be sunny but im ignoring them as they said a couple days ago that Thursday would be wet...so ignore met eireann which change there forecast EVERYDAY and look at the charts yourself and make up your own forecast ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

No chances of thunderstorms this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,524 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Looking at met eireann monthly data for rainfall for the Phoenix park station in Dublin

March 30mm
    April 13mm
    May 3mm

46mm of rain in 2 1/2 months. Pretty exceptional spring weather. Must be among the driest on record

I can't comment on other stations but there is a *fairly significant chance* this will change with more changeable weather incoming. However, currently it’s the driest spring on record at Dublin Airport with 48.6mm to May 16th.

Current driest is Spring 1944 with 62.0mm.

Data from Met Eireann.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

jimmynokia wrote: »
    No chances of thunderstorms this week?

Will be keeping an eye on Late Thurs to Saturday, maybe post frontal on Fri or Sat, a lot of shear available .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

I am not sure my app is only saying possible light showers on Friday for Dublin but dry all week apart from that

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I can't comment on other stations but there is a *fairly significant chance* this will change with more changeable weather incoming. However, currently it’s the driest spring on record at Dublin Airport with 48.6mm to May 16th.

Current driest is Spring 1944 with 62.0mm.

Data from Met Eireann.

Admittedly it’s cloudier today in Dublin 5

not a great start to the day here in Meath, very dull again and damp with spits of drizzle. Could be rain for most of the day across the west and north and showers just about anywhere. Hopefully tomorrow will be a much improved situation. I suspect if we get a dry day tomorrow and Wednesday, the lawnmowers will be out in force before Friday.

I am not sure my app is only saying possible light showers on Friday for Dublin but dry all week apart from that

There may be mist and drizzle at times today in Dublin, a few light showers possible. Friday will see some rain from that low pressure. It may become fairly dry again once this passes with just the odd shower next weekend. Pressure will be higher over Leinster next weekend so less in the way of frequent showers.

• Advertisement

We got some drizzle earlier but the ground is dry again now, Could actually do with some rain for the garden, that drizzle amounted to pretty much nothing. Cloudy but dry now and quite mild
    Gonzo wrote: »
    There may be mist and drizzle at times today in Dublin, a few light showers possible. Friday will see some rain from that low pressure. It may become fairly dry again once this passes with just the odd shower next weekend. Pressure will be higher over Leinster next weekend so less in the way of frequent showers.

We got some drizzle earlier but the ground is dry again now, Could actually do with some rain for the garden, that drizzle amounted to pretty much nothing. Cloudy but dry now and quite mild

I was hoping to cut the lawn today but have abandoned that idea, the grass here is fully wet after mist and drizzle most of the night and morning. Still spits of drizzle currently and overall ground is damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lashing rain here in meath, plants and newly planted laurel hedging will be happy but no outside work done today

Lashing rain here in meath, plants and newly planted laurel hedging will be happy but no outside work done today

today is certainly more unsettled than I had hoped for, could be more showers tomorrow as well. At this stage it's looking like none of the days this week will be completely dry. Showers should die out in the morning or early afternoon tomorrow but they'll be back from Wednesday evening. Showers again on Thursday and Friday looks like a day of rain for most. It does look like our dry spell has come to and end already.

Cloudy day in Dublin 5, occasional drizzle but not amounting to much, mostly cloudy. Mild though

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

We can finally go outside and of course its pissing rain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    We can finally go outside and of course its pissing rain :D

I was out pottering around in it. It's warm rain and feels good and with a nice feel to the air. Go out and enjoy it!

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I was out pottering around in it. It's warm rain and feels good and with a nice feel to the air. Go out and enjoy it!

delighted to get a day off watering the plants and seedlings! And yes its a nice warm light rain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

delighted to get a day off watering the plants and seedlings! And yes its a nice warm light rain :)

Indeed. Some quite heavy bursts here this evening which I was not expecting but I welcome. Should help my little bulbs along which are beginning, at last, to shows signs of life now.

New Moon

I get the feeling today may have been one of the wetter days we'll experience this month. The ensembles are once again starting to revert to a dryer scene for the rest of the month.

Even Friday's low pressure is looking less intense across eastern areas. Arpege now only showing patchy rain for Leinster on Friday and a few light showers over the weekend, then a dry week to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Very cloudy damp should clear up from around 2-4 oclock in Galway... if it clears up at all...

starting to brighten up here in Meath, ground is still slightly damp so might be able to cut the grass later on today. Need some sunny spells first to dry out the grass.

Sky staring to clear in Dublin 5, very pleasant day and warming up. Ground bone dry here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Midday

Oak park : 20 degrees
    Casement 19
    Shannon 19
    Phoenix park 19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭compsys

Touching 20 degrees here by the coast in Dublin. Only about the third or fourth day it’s felt any way warm in Dublin this spring for me.

As I’ve said before we’ve had so many beautiful sunny days over the past few weeks in Dublin but the sea breeze has really pegged back the temps. I’m happy for the change tbh. Would take warm and cloudy over cool and sunny for a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭appledrop

Very humid here in North County Dublin. No breeze whatsoever.

The sunny days were beautiful + I prefer them but today is one of those days were you could walk out your door + not have to worry about being cold halfway down the road because your in the shade or sun disappeared.

A lot of dark clouds here though so wouldnt be surprised if we get a rain shower.

I disagree, I have had loads of days in T-shirt and shorts over the past month or two. The weather has been fantastic, not particularly warm but certainly mild enough for a T-shirt in the garden and out on walks. Today very balmy
    compsys wrote: »
    Touching 20 degrees here by the coast in Dublin. Only about the third or fourth day it’s felt any way warm in Dublin this spring for me.

As I’ve said before we’ve had so many beautiful sunny days over the past few weeks in Dublin but the sea breeze has really pegged back the temps. I’m happy for the change tbh. Would take warm and cloudy over cool and sunny for a while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not a nice day in south mayo
    Hoping it clears soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Smashing day in this neck of the woods today. Warm and sunny with a nice breeze easily one of the best days we’ve had because of the heat. Would be perfect if that breeze dropped just a notch but no complaints.

• Advertisement

Sun struggling to break through here in Meath, still mostly grey and cloudy but it is very warm, currently 19C.

Oak Park 21C already.

Advertisement