Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Winds picking up every so often in Cork City now, has gotten duller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Lovely sunshine up to 315pm.
    Here comes all the cloud. Very breezy. Rain looking strong on raintoday.co.uk

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very cloudy now again in Meath and feeling cooler. Once we get tomorrow and Saturday's muck out of the way we should go back to warmer and dryer conditions from Sunday, next week is looking fairly decent overall.

Rain started now in cork city with a bit of increase in wind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Getting windier and it's raining :D

North Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Heavy rain in west Kerry for the last few hours. The wind has gradually increased and it's now fairly strong with the odd wild gust.

lottpaul wrote: »
    Heavy rain in west Kerry for the last few hours. The wind has gradually increased and it's now fairly strong with the odd wild gust.

8mm in North Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Dublin now. Mamathus?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

8mm in North Kerry

I'm a bit ahead of you Southwesterly, just over 12mm here near Tralee

Windy but nothing exceptional, stronger winds to come in when wind veers to the SW in the early morning.

Sat Pic from a bit earlier, nice looking system

CCJGnD8.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Went out for walk this evening + it was much cooler than it has been so a light coat was needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Carol25

Heavy rain here in Galway in the last hour or so, patio furniture has been put inside. Have gambled and left the trampoline net up...I’ll make a call on it later. More noticeable breeze around today when out walking in the local forest.

Carol25 wrote: »
    Heavy rain here in Galway in the last hour or so, patio furniture has been put inside. Have gambled and left the trampoline net up...I’ll make a call on it later. More noticeable breeze around today when out walking in the local forest.

Left my trampoline out ( will probably regret it), benches and seed planters. Tomorrow will tell if I was wrong :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperature dropped alot this afternoon, had a high of 18C before 2pm and by 4pm it was only 14C. Currently 12C and rain doesn't look far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Breezy now, almost blustery , I wonder will it become windy tonight? Or even very windy tomorriw? Itll probably not quite be extremely windy and I really hope it wont be stormy.

9.72mm in Cork City so far this evening, gusting up to about 38kts now but sounds stronger due to the leaved trees.

Up to 13.9 + now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Breezy now, almost blustery , I wonder will it become windy tonight? Or even very windy tomorriw? Itll probably not quite be extremely windy and I really hope it wont be stormy.

Not a breath of wind in Arklow
    Just started raining
    Lots of altostratus undulatos this evening, might be some thunder yet tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Mortelaro wrote: »

Not expecting anything but the sky was pretty charred this afternoon in Dublin all the same so wouldn't be shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Just started raining in Kildare now. Going to lie down on the lawn and take it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Looked on the Met.ie radar like a squall line was developing in East Cork and on into Waterford and South Tipp from 21.00 - 21.45 but seems to have fizzled out.

Anyone anything to report from those areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Not a breath of wind in Arklow
    Just started raining

Not a great photo but you can see the formation of the clouds about 90 minutes ago in North Kildare, thanks to my new toy that arrived this evening (which I probably won't be able to fly for a few days :( )
    513816.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,453 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Great pic!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just over 21mm here near Tralee, wind has gone light now.

pouring rain here in Meath now, can hear the water splashing on the ground from the gutters, haven't heard that sound since March.

Up to 20.2mm now in Cork City. Wind has died down now too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Rain getting a little more moderate now in Kildare. 1mm I’m the gauge,

I can hear the plants screaming “More More More!”

pad199207 wrote: »
    Rain getting a little more moderate now in Kildare. 1mm I’m the gauge,

I can hear the plants screaming “More More More!”

We need this! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Wild night up here, wind roaring through the trees and rain beating against the window

still pouring here, certainly the biggest soaking we've had since early March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Absolutely pouring down in wicklow town. So nice to listen to!

• Advertisement

Stopped raining in cork city but gusts have returned! Kind of nice to hear while laying in bed

Advertisement