Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Meanwhile in Northern Norway, they are keeping the roads open, just about...

k6rkls0flcr41.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

beautiful day here in Meath, gin blue skies and feels warmer than any day we had last June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Colder in Arklow than yesterday, SE sea wind as opposed to yesterdays land wind
    Beautiful sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

To cloudy here in the west but for those in the east enjoy the full moon rising around 7.30pm. Put up some snaps if ye get any :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

What an absolutely stunning day!

Seriously not a cloudy in sky all day + once you were sheltered from the wind it was glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Was waiting for a glimpse of the moon in Cork City but alas its too cloudy. Such a shame since it seems to be nice around the country.

Snap photos if you see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

To cloudy here in the west but for those in the east enjoy the full moon rising around 7.30pm. Put up some snaps if ye get any :)

Unfortunately cloudy here in s cavan for moonrise.
    There was a lovely halo around it this morning (Tuesday) though.
    IMG-20200407-021332.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭kingshankly

24/25 degree temperatures forecast for London this weekend surely that’s extreme weather for early April

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

24/25 degree temperatures forecast for London this weekend surely that’s extreme weather for early April

Normally that would be good news for them but in current circumstances it`s very bad in so far as the lockdown restrictions are concerned. BTW it may be above average temperatures for the time of year but certainly not extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It got to 29c there in April 2018. I don't think it's all that unusual for April, I experienced similar temperatures there around this time of year (maybe even March) a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The weather - it is teasing us :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »
    It got to 29c there in April 2018. I don't think it's all that unusual for April, I experienced similar temperatures there around this time of year (maybe even March) a few years ago.

Correct. 25C was achieved on 15 April 2015 and 9 April 2017 for other recent examples, even got to 22C on 30 March 2017.

As for last night's moon, here's my tuppence worth. Low cloud and sea mist made the rise anticlimactic by the coast but lenticular clouds were a nice feature nevertheless.

https://twitter.com/sryanbruenphoto/status/1247819599921414144?s=20

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another fantastic day. Easily the best spell of weather we've had since the early September settled spell or even the warm sunny days last July. April is already putting June 2019 to shame. Today and tomorrow look to be the peak of this warm spell with temperatures back to more normal values from Friday. Temperatures overall look above average for another week hitting the low to mid teens reguarly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely day in Cork City. Typical, finish Uni and it becomes lovely. Before that was running around with umbrellas constantly. Oh well!
    Warm in the sun and cool when it goes behind a cloud so heat isn't sticking but will take what we get! Much better then the alternative.

This weather is just unreal.

I thought yesterday couldn't be beaten but today is glorious + no strong breeze like yesterday. I walked to shop with no coat on + it was beautiful.

Think it will have to a barbecue this evening!

Temperatures here today are about the same as the coasts along the Costa Del Sol. Amazing weather for the time of the year and i'd easily bag a day like this in July or August.

temp_uk.png

temp_sp.png

Spot on Gonzo it's like being abroad.

What makes it so amazing is the wall to wall sunshine over the past two days.

I dont mind if temperatures are a bit lower if you have the sun.

Today we have both!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Ballinasloe co galway this morning
    301A6Mo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

My weather station briefly registered an 18.3C in a prolonged spell of sunshine before it got a little cloudier.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

m17 wrote: »
    Ballinasloe co galway this morning
    301A6Mo.jpg

Nice.

Do you have to throw the money 2 meters in to the cash bucket? :cool:

• Advertisement

Well the barbecue was delicious!

First day during lockdown that I was actual glad to be working from home.

I also got three loads of washing dry. Sure what more could you want!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Thanks for the kind words , will post here as I dont want to take from Danno's thread :o

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113078240&postcount=5

Beautiful day here near Tralee getting up to 16.8C under clear blue skies all day, bit of wispy cloud about this evening and looks like fog forming near the mountains.

Banna Strand 19.00

fOQMpZV.jpg?1

Cloudier in the W and NW by the looks of it from the slow moving / stalled front.

rYwK7Tc.png?1

F30SXMN.png?1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A grainy shot of fog forming in the fields now .

8.1C

434er3k.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Amazing how there are so many more bees around now that there are no people around spraying pesticide and weed killer...I saw more bees in a short walk than I have seen in years...you can also hear all the wildlife now that there is very little noise from traffic...seems lockdown is a great thing for wildlife anyway

Looking good again tomorrow 18 degrees.

Met eireann even called the weather 'warm' tomorrow.

I think cornavirus is taking piss with weather at moment trying to tempt us all out to nice places.

It is so hard to stick to the restrictions at moment.

Obviously we are but so hard as loads of nice places 3/4km away from us but we wont break the rules although I bet it's not stopping others!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Miserable day in Donegal today with mist and drizzle all day, can't complain too much though as today was an exception in whats otherwise been a great spell of weather. First day since Patricks Day I couldn't get out for a walk in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Miserable day in Donegal today with mist and drizzle all day, can't complain too much though as today was an exception in whats otherwise been a great spell of weather. First day since Patricks Day I couldn't get out for a walk in the evening

Beautiful day further west, spent the day in the garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Lovely morning in Castlebar.nice hazy sunshine with just light winds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭tc20

morning all,
    first time poster in this forum but thought I'd post this here - photo of Tuesday evenings moon I took.
    I'm far from a photographer and have a Lidl Bresser scope, so I thought I'd stick the camera phone over the eyepiece and hope for the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam co galway 09/04/20 7.05 temp 5°C
    8Az0zZC.jpg

Advertisement