Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hooter23 wrote: »
    It looks like we are finally getting spring weather now and for another week or more...we are well overdue a proper spring at this stage anyway

The wind would cut you in two here in East Clare..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

4Ad wrote: »
    The wind would cut you in two here in East Clare..

I noticed this too in Galway...but if you find a sheltered spot out of the wind with the sun...it goes from feeling like winter to summer...the difference is huge when you get out of that wind you could easily get sunburnt if out for a few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

If you look out now theres a great view of Venus just right of the moon at the moment. (ISS pass at 8.29pm)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

If you look out now theres a great view of Venus just right of the moon at the moment. (ISS pass at 8.29pm)

Thanks for the heads up Oscar Bravo, was out watching it with my wife and the young fella, spectacular!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Beautiful cool still clear night here near Tralee.

Barometer 1038.6 hPa Rising Rapidly.

pression2_uk_yao7.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Cool and cloudy Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Lovely skies these past few nights, will actually miss going for a walk in the dark from now on with the clocks changing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Malin Head had a 1047 hPa MSLP observation at 2300 UTC. The Irish record for March is 1047.1 hPa!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Malin Head had a 1047 hPa MSLP observation at 2300 UTC. The Irish record for March is 1047.1 hPa!

It's about to be well beaten 1050 likely

But 1052 record will be just missed

Malin head on 10am met reports was 1051hpa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Malin head on 10am met reports was 1051hpa

Finner Camp and Belmullet now are too.

Might as well save this current obs page for historical sakes. Apparently, this is the first time that Ireland has had a MSLP of 1050hPa or above since 1957!

ru89m12.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloud going away and sun starting to come out in Cork City! A week of no rain and mostly sun. This is great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Cloud going away and sun starting to come out in Cork City! A week of no rain and mostly sun. This is great

Yes. We need all the good news we can get in current circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Chilly breeze in Limerick.

Temperature more akin to November or February.

Clear blue skies here in Castlebar with a light NE breeze. Cool in the shade. (Very bright ISS pass tonight @8.41pm) . On a side note rare to have bright blue skies and no aircraft overhead at all. Strange days

Its amazing how clear the sky has been last few days with no planes around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

One word. Arctic.

The M4 62093 Donegal buoy recorded an atmospheric pressure of 1051.9 at 12:00 today.
    This is the highest atmospheric pressure recorded by a buoy and also equals the synoptic station
    record for Ireland which was logged at Valentia, Co Kerry on 28th January 1905.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Just back from a walk. Very cold with that biting northeast wind but when it eases off and the sun is out it’s actually very pleasant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Logan Roy

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Its amazing how clear the sky has been last few days with no planes around

I think the low humidity has something to do with as well? I was out walking the local boreens yesterday with panoramic views of the mountains on the Cork/Tipp border to the north and Ballycotton lighthouse to the south. It was remarkably clear compared to usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

All of the chemtrails conspricery therosts are out in force in the last week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Theres still old snow on Lugnaquilla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

All of the chemtrails conspricery therosts are out in force in the last week or so.

Yeah don’t mind them

Very cold breeze could have been even colder had that freezing air coming down from the arctic directly hit us...like it was suppose to do in earlier forecasts...lucky it didnt too cold as it is especially when the cloud comes along

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Just to add to the "clear sky" subject, the sky is amazingly clear tonight. I don't remember seeing such a clear sky for more than 40 years.
    Is lack of air craft the main reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

The M4 62093 Donegal buoy recorded an atmospheric pressure of 1051.9 at 12:00 today.
    This is the highest atmospheric pressure recorded by a buoy and also equals the synoptic station
    record for Ireland which was logged at Valentia, Co Kerry on 28th January 1905.

Can you break that down for us lay people?

Joe Public wrote: »
    Just to add to the "clear sky" subject, the sky is amazingly clear tonight. I don't remember seeing such a clear sky for more than 40 years.
    Is lack of air craft the main reason?

I think the main reason is that theres a big high pressure off the NW coast steering down a cool clear North easterly airflow . I agree with you,even now, the amount of stars to be seen is the best in a long time.
    More cloud from tomorrow but very little rain for the week.

Can you break that down for us lay people?

Basically a big area of high pressure north west of Belmullet which gave us the cool(cold) weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes the brightness of stars and moon has been ridic last few nights in Dublin 5. Is this just down to this pressure stuff that I don't understand? I was thinking maybe it's down to lack of cars and planes and less activity in the city, but I'm probably wrong.

Advertisement