Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Total opposite of a day in Cork city now. Lashing rain, dark and chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Half an inch of rain already today and the galtees are white on top,some change from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Snow on the galtees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lashing rain here but after fabulous few days I couldn't care one bit.

A perfect day for catching up on Nexflix + enjoying those Easter Eggs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry here in Castlebar with no rain overnight either. Mostly cloudy,although it is turning brighter from the north. Cool in a fresh N/NE wind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

damp here in Meath but the chill is something else compared to recent days, only 7C here, a full 10C colder than this time yesterday. I doubt it will even make 10C here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

Little bit damp in Kildare but nothing to what I was expecting anyways. Cold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Much colder but dryer than expected in south mayo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

and here we have that huge temperature drop, temperatures have completely fallen off the cliff across Ireland as expected today and indeed their has been some snow on high ground. England holds onto the very warm conditions for 1 more day, they will be as cold as us tomorrow. Parts of Cork only 5 or 6C, they got to 21C yesterday.

temp_uk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    and here we have that huge temperature drop, temperatures have completely fallen off the cliff across Ireland as expected today and indeed their has been some snow on high ground. England holds onto the very warm conditions for 1 more day, they will be as cold as us tomorrow. Parts of Cork only 5 or 6C, they got to 21C yesterday.

temp_uk.png

Classic USA style temperature fluctuations! Not often we get such a massive temperature drop in the space of 24 hours

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Awful. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Three times colder here than in south east england thats ireland for you sure...them english have no right to complain about the weather at all...it is 10 times better than ireland most of the time...if they were living here they would know all about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Waiting for the rain....looks like it won't get to the South east at all. No often I want some but it would be handy to have a splash.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Three times colder here than in south east england thats ireland for you sure....

Or more (x4)!

At the moment, Cork AP 6c and Heathrow AP 24c!

Temperatures in the London area tomorrow will struggle to reach 9C, a possible 16C drop in temperature for them tomorrow, or more!. Eastern half of Ireland still very cold tomorrow.

GFSOPUK06_36_5.png

Temperatures will begin to recover by midweek but eastern coasts and Dublin will remain chilly.

GFSOPUK06_81_5.png

Temperatures in the Dublin area will struggle to get much past 12C over the following week with easterly breezes keeping it on the cold side.

after a damp start this morning it's dry here again, very little rain here too, was expecting it to be a wetter day, but the cold certainly delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

after a damp start this morning it's dry here again, very little rain here too, was expecting it to be a wetter day, but the cold certainly delivered.

The sun is starting to break through the clouds in Dublin 5. We got more rainfall from the day the March dry spell broke than today from the looks of things, I don't know if the figures agree with me or not though.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    The sun is starting to break through the clouds in Dublin 5. We got more rainfall from the day the March dry spell broke than today from the looks of things, I don't know if the figures agree with me or not though.

all I've seen today is a few drops, ground was damp this morning but no pooling of water anywhere so can't have been much more than drizzle overnight. Some fairly heavy looking rain making it's way towards the Wexford coast up from the south-east.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

all I've seen today is a few drops, ground was damp this morning but no pooling of water anywhere so can't have been much more than drizzle overnight. Some fairly heavy looking rain making it's way towards the Wexford coast up from the south-east.

Looks like some pulses will come on shore and just about make the Dublin area tonight

hirlamuk-1-12-0.png?12-17

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Three times colder here than in south east england thats ireland for you sure...them english have no right to complain about the weather at all...it is 10 times better than ireland most of the time...if they were living here they would know all about it...

I very much doubt that very many are complaining about the weather in present circumstances but it`s like chalk and cheese comparing Ireland and southern parts of the UK today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

esposito wrote: »
    Classic USA style temperature fluctuations! Not often we get such a massive temperature drop in the space of 24 hours

The whole world has been turned upside down over the last few weeks and months so I suppose it`s no surprise the weather is turning a little off the wall as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clear blue skies have moved down from the north here in Castlebar.nice end to the day. Plenty of sunshine over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Nice asperatis display just passed over Dublin. Hope your Easter has been going well despite you know what.

Didn't get the wet weather I expected either.

https://twitter.com/SryanBruen/status/1249381106341871616?s=20

a look at today's maximum temperatures and the south-west was the coldest part of the country with temperatures struggling to reach a high of 9C, temperatures in the south-west stayed around 7 or 8c for much of the day. The east managed to reach double figures towards the evening but still cold overall.

txint_uk.png

Tomorrow will bring an improvement to western areas with an increase in temperatures, should be dry everywhere but the east will be cold again, possibly a degree or two colder than today was. Temperatures tomorrow 9 to 13C across the west and 6 to 9C in eastern areas, possibly 10 or 11C more towards the midlands. A frost tomorrow night with a low of -1C. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last of the bitterly cold days till next October. The high teens of the past few days really spoilt us and our expections going forward.

GFSOPUK18_21_5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Hooter23

It could be raining for over a year in this country and then we get 2 weeks worth of sun and they start saying we're running out of waater

A2qRgV2X4k8LPKdb8IGWQNTNukWoAv63smb-7jLBDlxiYs-BcMagmUwY4m7UiCZqhZVPHs763uV3cJVNN4aiQccU0wmF78EIHn_hoHo4sQk7dCo3G2FhOtlrAfpYtGkopWKGMtI1zvcJQfv9EDAut4VKR0oEt3GhRcA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is a thread for drought potential this year already running.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058063891

Baltic wind out there, some shock after the recent temps,

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

US2 wrote: »

Jesus Christ
    Every. Bloody. Year .
    We don’t deserve nice weather
    People prefer the misery so they have something to complain about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nice and bright sunshine there this morning and a massive improvement on yesterday but feck it the wind is Baltic cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fairly nippy compared to Saturday.

Advertisement