Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ArielAtom wrote: »
    So Howard named and Cooper drops out. Dummy team???

Didn't Jonny go off late last week clutching his leg. Hope he's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Apologies, mis-read the post.

Strange decision not to play in mullingar alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Cavan putting 'rest of Leinster' to shame so far 8 min gone

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭rolling boh

They were always likely to do better than the Leinster teams Cavan getting joy down the middle .

They were always likely to do better than the Leinster teams Cavan getting joy down the middle .

Smart manger and clever team Cavan have - and work like dogs. I am impressed so far with them.

• Advertisement

Brannigan turning a blind eye to the rugby tackles going in on Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Brannigan turning a blind eye to the rugby tackles going in on Kilkenny.[/quote
    I agree but cooper could have got a black card earlier .

True

Referee has given dublin very little.

Hopefully dublin produce a second half similar to the last year's semi.

Agree cooper could have gone but defo done out of a couple of close in frees so need to make sure take our chances ourselves so ref will not matter .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Cavan doing as well as I expected, they'd be doing even better if they stopped the unforced errors. Still though, with the wind in the second half, they could do some damage,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The ref giving more to Cavan so far

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The ref giving more to Cavan so far

When O Rourke is identifying it it shows how poor he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭MFPM

Peculiar performance by Dublin so far, they will win and are well in control but they're not clinical at all, at least three kicked into the goalkeeper's hands, a bit sloppy overall.

Cavan high ball is dangerous, but simple. Might get one right yet.

MFPM wrote: »
    Peculiar performance by Dublin so far, they will win and are well in control but they're not clinical at all, at least three kicked into the goalkeeper's hands, a bit sloppy overall.

Has a league game feel to it - has the temperature anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dean Rock overtaken Bernard Brogan as Dublin all time senior championship scorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭MFPM

What was Howard thinking there and now O'Callaghan throwing the ball away...so much of that tonight.

Philly carrying as much weight as myself.

Job done a bit sloppy in final quater but happy enough defence did well i thought .

• Advertisement

Job done a bit sloppy in final quater but happy enough defence did well i thought .

Managed the high ball really well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Tut tut. One of these guys has a cold, should be at home :pac:

Defence has been superb the whole championship.

Best I've seen.

Match only just over and Colum is already giving out love making these guys miserable .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Managed the high ball really well.

High ball only works if the quality of delivery is good enough. Lobbing it in is just a Wimbledon type tactic. Any flute can try but they really don't work unless there is method. Cavan had no method to using that approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Absolutely over the moon for Robbie Mc. He’s worked his sox off for years and got his break. Dedication, application and determination is what these lads are about. Just to be honest, he’s a clubman I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

A great win. Thought that was a brilliant performance and I'm not sure they over extended themselves either..

Fair play to Cavan, if other teams (Meath) had a better attitude they might not have embarrassed themselves as much the other day. Every Cavan player put in a shift and played for the jersey, you could see them giving every ounce. Great to see.

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Absolutely over the moon for Robbie Mc. He’s worked his sox off for years and got his break. Dedication, application and determination is what these lads are about. Just to be honest, he’s a clubman I know.

Omagh Aug 2019 made him. Yet, some just saw it as a dead rubber he didn't!

Match only just over and Colum is already giving out love making these guys miserable .

A Leitrim blow in to Meath and all... Now both around the same level! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Not that Dublin were shy of tackling under Gavin but its clear Farrell has placed huge emphasis on putting the man in possession under pressure. That was a big shift again this evening.

It was an even enough game in a weird way. Dublin just set the standard in generating and taking scores though. Their efficiency in the second half was scary.

Advertisement